• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I love about Rockstar is that we already think of the main characters as people with a eprsonality, back story and mannerisms, and we've only had 10 lines of dialogue max. Gotta love them.

I love the little bit of Michael and Trevors walk animations that we have seen so far.

Alienous

To be honest, the only thing we know is they want to preform heists to get money.

We don't really know a lot else,
well I do for Trevor because I listened to some leaked audio.

Oooo ... I'm so spoiler sensitive, I'm finding even that spoilery.

Would you mind spoiler tagging it?

MMaRsu

Banned
For me neither. I have a big bag ready for the 17th.

If you're so spoiler sensitive then please leave this thread. If its all black bars its quite annoying to read.

smr00

Banned
Preorder for 500GB bundle placed.

~$292 with tax

Guess I'm putting off next gen for a while :)
I thought about doing that but i wouldn't of been able to play GTA till like midnight the next day because i had about 200gb worth of shit i had to transfer over. It literally took 11-12 hours. Hopefully sony fixes that bullshit on PS4 because i can transfer 200gb on my external in maybe an hour, 2 at most if i am not using usb 3.0.

Spoiler Gif of map showing size.
Source GTAF

http://i.imgur.com/CybzA1r.gif

Edit:
omg-too-much.gif

My body is not ready.

Gaz_RB

GAF you lied to me. According to PS+ FAQ

So the pre-order will automatically start downloading. I almost had to pre-order at gamestop because GAF
ok, one guy on GAF
said it won't auto-start.

He was trying to make sure you were better safe than sorry!

SuperSah

Banned
Preorder for 500GB bundle placed.

~$292 with tax

Guess I'm putting off next gen for a while :)

I'm not even going next-gen for a while. GTAV obliterated the need for it.

I saw a GIANT poster advertisement on the way home today, they're doing an outstanding job marketing it.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even going next-gen for a while. GTAV obliterated the need for it.

I saw a GIANT poster advertisement on the way home today, they're doing an outstanding job marketing it.

I have seen zero marketing for it, maybe I live in a place where everyone hates GTA.

smr00

Banned
He was trying to make sure you were better safe than sorry!
I almost had to leave the house and be sociable, to get in my car and drive to the *gulp* mall... ARE YOU MAD?!?! INSANE?

Luckily i dodge that sociable bullet. Lets just hope it finishes downloading before i wake up.

GAF you lied to me. According to PS+ FAQ

So the pre-order will automatically start downloading. I almost had to pre-order at gamestop because GAF
ok, one guy on GAF
said it won't auto-start.

If I'm remembering right, guy said that's what Sony customer service told him when he called (emailed?); so, unless he was just making shit up, blame Sony's uninformed rep. ;)

Twinduct

Ugh, was hoping seeing the map would help me deal with the hype ... Now I want to drive there .... Spoilers were suppose to help! Not make it worse!

Alienous

For me neither. I have a big bag ready for the 17th.

If you're so spoiler sensitive then please leave this thread. If its all black bars its quite annoying to read.

I understand, but it really isn't hard to fill in the blanks just by the way someone phrases their impressions of leaked information. I sort of go into overdrive. "Why would they feel comfortable saying it ", "Why would they say it that way", "Why is it so significant it warrants a mention". And collectively these little tidbits of individually insignificant information create a spoiler.

But you're right, it probably is a good time to leave this thread.

dreamfall

I refuse to sully this amazing game by playing it on current gen. My wait will be a little longer. =(

You have amazing willpower.

But I'm not worried about the graphical fidelity, or it's capability to be ported to Next Gen. Double dip for PC if it gets announced, but be utterly/completely immersed in the game on Console.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm making it a thing not to spoil myself before release. I'm not looking at the map or the soundtrack or anything else. But can someone just confirm whether there's a country station or not? K-Rose was the shit in San Andreas.

louiedog

I've actually been thinking that I haven't seen anything for it out in the real world. I live in a small city with a large university. This small city is outside of a major city where I've been a few times in the last couple of weeks, but haven't seen anything. Fall TV hasn't started up yet and I don't watch sports so nothing there or Hulu where I've often seen game ads.

I'm sure it's out there, and I've seen the giant billboards that people have posted, but I'm really surprised that they've so far completely missed me with those mainstream marketing efforts. Of course as someone who follows games and is totally plugged into the Internet there's no way that I wouldn't know about it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Gaz_RB

I refuse to sully this amazing game by playing it on current gen. My wait will be a little longer. =(

Rockstar wouldn't put out something that wasn't the way they wanted you to play the game without dulling it.

And it's gonna be way longer then a little longer, homie

SuperSah

Banned
I've actually been thinking that I haven't seen anything for it out in the real world. I live in a small city with a large university. This small city is outside of a major city where I've been a few times in the last couple of weeks, but haven't seen anything. Fall TV hasn't started up yet and I don't watch sports so nothing there or Hulu where I've often seen game ads.

I'm sure it's out there, and I've seen the giant billboards that people have posted, but I'm really surprised that they've so far completely missed me with those mainstream marketing efforts. Of course as someone who follows games and is totally plugged into the Internet there's no way that I wouldn't know about it, so I guess it doesn't matter.

If it matters, mine was plastered all over Stratford City, East London.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there any indication at all of which SKU performs better, or which was the lead?

I can't wait for digital foundry as I want to buy it day of release.

I'm thinking I might as well just cross my fingers and get the 360 one because triggers are way better for driving.

Did the PS3 version of GTA4 perform better than the 360?

dreamfall

imagine if there was an underwater city :O

Maybe it could be the San Andreas map underwater :O:O

Baha,
"Yo dogg, I heard you like worlds. So we put world underneath your world, so can enjoy two worlds at the same damn time."

Maybe it is Atlantis! Or a portal into Tall Trees with some snow! Or a room with Bigfoot!

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Baha,
"Yo dogg, I heard you like worlds. So we put world underneath your world, so can enjoy two worlds at the same damn time."

Maybe it is Atlantis! Or a portal into Tall Trees with some snow! Or a room with Bigfoot!

And how about since SA has underwater areas as well, you can visit Vice city in SA :O:O:O

_dd_

Is there any indication at all of which SKU performs better, or which was the lead?

I can't wait for digital foundry as I want to buy it day of release.

I'm thinking I might as well just cross my fingers and get the 360 one because triggers are way better for driving.

Did the PS3 version of GTA4 perform better than the 360?
Statistically the 360 version should be better. I think every RAGE game runs better on 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom