• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

djblue89

Am I a bad person for ''getting'' the game on my PS3 with CFW as soon as it gets out and playing it ?

For the record, I am getting the game legit, but I am so excited to play it, I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Yeah.

And every so often it dawns on me that the people who created Grand Theft Auto made Lemmings before it.

And now we're all lemmings marching in unison to the release date. Aching, desperate, thirsty and impatient lemmings!

So, how long before we see the map recreated in Minecraft?

RoKKeR

At college, no TV, no Xbox, missing one of the biggest games of the generation.

Feels good man. =/

The earliest I'll be able to play is October when I go home for a long weekend.

Dries

One thing I was wondering: On PS3, will the drive button me R1 or R2? Logical choice would be R2 of course, but does anyone know for sure?

first thing i'm gonna do is find a sailing boat in Los Santos, take it
all the way up to Lago Zancudo river and sail to the east to Alamo Sea
and go diving. with Chop with me on the boat if possible.

and then i'm gonna do a million other similar random things and love every moment of it.

One thing I was wondering: On PS3, will the drive button me R1 or R2? Logical choice would be R2 of course, but does anyone know for sure?

it better be R2.. and there better be at least the same camera options as in GTAIV. a cockpit view would be great but that might be asking for too much.

edit: goddamnit, i meant to post in the map spoiler thread. fuck, oh well i'll spoiler tag those details just in case.

first thing i'm gonna do is find a sailing boat in Los Santos, take it all the way up to Lago Zancudo river and sail to the east to Alamo Sea and go diving. with Chop with me on the boat if possible.

and then i'm gonna do a million other similar random things and love every moment of it.

In the hopes that scuba gear does not become available after a mission.

antitrop

It tore my mind clear off its foundations and showed me what a game could be. I've never been so thoroughly lost in a world since.
Neither have I. That's why Grand Theft Auto III is my favorite. It was the one I spent the most time with.

I knew every inch of that world in high school, it was ridiculous. The memories I have are incredible. I love that game. It came out right as I turned 17, as I was starting to get into older, more mature films and such. I started watching stuff like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and The Godfather right around then, and then... GTA 3 came out. The timing could not have been more perfect.

Its so nice to have another open world driving game coming out soon.

But I guess there's other stuff you can do in this too right?

That's cool.

Neither have I. That's why Grand Theft Auto III is my favorite. It was the one I spent the most time with.

I knew every inch of that world in high school, it was ridiculous. The memories I have are incredible. I love that game. It came out right as I turned 17, as I was starting to get into older, more mature films and such. I started watching stuff like Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, and The Godfather right around then, and then... GTA 3 came out. The timing could not have been more perfect.
Damn straight. Had every bit of that city burned into my memory. And once you knew every nook and cranny to that extent, chases became the stuff of legends.

Tohsaka

Am I a bad person for ''getting'' the game on my PS3 with CFW as soon as it gets out and playing it ?

For the record, I am getting the game legit, but I am so excited to play it, I don't think I'll be able to resist.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you're buying it, but it's probably not a good idea to talk about that stuff here.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Played some San Andreas for an hour, had some thoughts about GTAV:

-car customization is making a return so I hope to God that Rockstar won't repeat the blunder they did with SA, namely letting the players to modify the vehicles and then making lots of races available but forcing players to use a predetermined vehicle in each and every one of those races. It still baffles me how could they get it so wrong. Seeing that in GTAIV you could bring any car to the starting line I'm pretty sure they won't screw this up now though. I hope there's a LOT of races in single player.

-vehicle missions must return, including the Train Freight mission, I wouldn't mind driving a subway train too, and since apparently bus lines will be in the game as well, why not add a bus driver mission as well. At least bring back the taxi mission, I really missed that in IV (Roman's Taxi side job would count if you could play it anytime, as long as you want).

-I remember that the scripted chasing missions were already in SA (forgot about it and thought GTA IV "invented" this), I hope they won't be making a return this time as it's not very fun to know you won't catch the target before the game wants you to

-will the big passenger jet plane (like AT-400 in SA) be flyable in V? I remember reading somewhere that this time they won't be which would be a bummer. I liked to fly one in SA from one airport to the next until I crashed eventually (usually happened before first landing)

-SA still feels big for me, so if V is at least 2-3 times bigger than that I'm more than satisfied

-looking forward to some spooky stuff like abandoned cars in Back O' Beyond

kris.

Banned
Rumour of an IGN review on Friday. Nothing confirmed, though.

10/10, no doubt about it. Gonna be filled with hyperbole and gross exaggeration. And I'll eat it up and get even more hyped
loljk that isn't possible HYPETRAIN ROLLIN AT MAX SPEED

Alienous

I meant latest comment. Yea I was reading the top comments and glanced at the one right below them. I'm pretty pissed if it's true.

Well, as long as it isn't too significant a spoiler, you won't know if it's correct until you play the game.

I'm pretty sure most of it is supposition, currently.

Linius

Question for 360 Gaf. I'm looking to buy an USB stick and I found this one which is rather cheap. I need it to install the massive amount of 8GB from this game obviously. But of course not just every USB stick works with the 360 sadly. Does anyone know where I might be able to varify if this one works (or even better from your own experience)?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
At college, no TV, no Xbox, missing one of the biggest games of the generation.

Feels good man. =/

The earliest I'll be able to play is October when I go home for a long weekend.

That was me with GTA IV. But hey, at least you don't have a roommate that likes to rub it in your face. Or maybe you do, lol.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It tore my mind clear off its foundations and showed me what a game could be. I've never been so thoroughly lost in a world since.

Yeah, I remember the world before GTA3. Knew of the series before hand, and when it was stated that 3 would be "3D", I figured "no way can that be done." Up till then, I don't think there was any kind of car game that let you change vehicles on the fly like that (in 3D).

Question for 360 Gaf. I'm looking to buy an USB stick and I found this one which is rather cheap. I need it to install the massive amount of 8GB from this game obviously. But of course not just every USB stick works with the 360 sadly. Does anyone know where I might be able to varify if this one works (or even better from your own experience)?

It works.

I'd consider a Lexar USB 32 GB, though. Bought it for 15,- and never looked back.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Yeah, I remember the world before GTA3. Knew of the series before hand, and when it was stated that 3 would be "3D", I figured "no way can that be done." Up till then, I don't think there was any kind of car game that let you change vehicles on the fly like that (in 3D).

GTA III was the first game I saw running on my PS2. I still remember walking into the room and seeing my brother shooting throught the Red Light Discrtict in a beat-up Rumpo. I saw it before on TV but... seeing it in real life, in my room, was mind-blowing.

MCN

Banned

Such talk is banning material around here, I believe.

I haven't read YouTube comments for anything after getting potentially spoiled last week.

Looking at the first trailer Rockstar released :/

Linius

It works.

I'd consider a Lexar USB 32 GB, though. Bought it for 15,- and never looked back.

After GTA V I still have 8GB to spare and normally 360 games don't demand an install. So with the PS4 on the way somewhere next year I'm good.

Thanks for the answer, ordering it right away :D

After GTA V I still have 8GB to spare and normally 360 games don't demand an install. So with the PS4 on the way somewhere next year I'm good.

Thanks for the answer, ordering it right away :D

Even if the damn thing does not meet the 360 requirements, it still works. It just takes longer to install games on it instead of the HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom