• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Hmm, lack of PC saddens me. I'll probably get this on PS3, but I'd need to get $70 worth of PSN codes first 'cause my wallet balance is almost empty.

Z_Y

Am I a bad person for ''getting'' the game on my PS3 with CFW as soon as it gets out and playing it ?

For the record, I am getting the game legit, but I am so excited to play it, I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Maybe not "bad"...but more than likely "banned".

If GTA does another era game it has to be a fully realised 3D London 1969.
Actually I'd like to see Rockstar tackle a modern cop game. Not LA Noire, but being a beat cop in a GTA universe. Responding to calls, random crimes, chases, being a dirty cop or not, dealing with internal affairs, being able to become an undercover cop or SWAT

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That gta documentary, so damn GOOD.

Brought back some great memories.

Meh, it too positive about GTA IV and didn't mention the fan backlash at all. Bit of a biased documentary afraid to say anything bad if you ask me. Plus it didn't talk about the hot coffee controversy nor did it mention the origins of GTA coming from a glitch. I've seen better more in depth GTA documentaries before.

But I guess purely in terms of bringing back good memories of playing the games it did a good job.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
From personal experience, I don't trust Amazon (UK) to deliver games on the release date.
I've ordered a couple games with them, and both came a day late. ShopTo however, have delivered every game a day early.

Amazon UK always deliver on time for me.
They tried to deliver two games to me late but when I contacted customer support they bumped up my delivery.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Actually I'd like to see Rockstar tackle a modern cop game. Not LA Noire, but being a beat cop in a GTA universe. Responding to calls, random crimes, chases, being a dirty cop or not, dealing with internal affairs, being able to become an undercover cop or SWAT

Do that in a game that isn't GTA. Make that a new Rockstar franchise. Good idea for a game, but I don't think it would suit a GTA game.

Just saw this :-

Gamereviews said:
A petition has been launched at Change.org in the hopes of preventing Rockstar from ever releasing a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. Why? “So PC gamers learn their lesson and stop stealing games.”

Created by Trevor Phillips and spotted by IAmDoge at Reddit, the petition has to be one of the most unsuccessful Change.org posts I’ve ever seen. Someone always agrees, or at least signs as a joke, right? Not true. As of writing, there’s only a single solitary signature, that of Mr Phillips himself.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/09/petition-launched-prevent-pc-version-gta-v/

Seriously some people really do lose their head over some totally unimportant shit these days. I am sure Rockstar is happy to for go millions of dollars just to "teach PC gamers a lesson".

Anyway thought I would post this since there doesn't seem to be much happening.

Sorry guys

Question One of the possible achievements in the game

anyone have details about controlling a UFO and destroying the city?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
From personal experience, I don't trust Amazon (UK) to deliver games on the release date.
Same with Amazon US. Their track record is decent at best, but not something I'd schedule a vacation day around. That's when you'd get screwed.

And beware spoilermongers, let loose or fail to use spoiler tags properly, and we'll have to get your balls.

iOKsLqfzrUi3w.JPG

Do that in a game that isn't GTA. Make that a new Rockstar franchise. Good idea for a game, but I don't think it would suit a GTA game.
Yeah but a realistic cop game would be boring and have a lot of paperwork. One set in a fictional GTA universe city would allow for more freedom. A GTA-universe El Paso or Albuquerque or Boston?

Or at least have a GTA style satirical style

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Same with Amazon US. They're track record is decent at best, but not something I'd schedule a vacation day around. That's when you'd get screwed.

And beware spoilermongers, let loose or fail to use spoiler tags properly, and we'll have to get your balls.

Only time I didn't get a game on release day from Amazon, I had a hurricane in my area. (obviously can vary for people)

Thankfully I missed the spoiler.

Well, that's it. I'm bailing. Hopefully OT2 will be less spoilerific.

Buckethead - Please emphasize NO SPOILERS of ANY kind in OT2. Thought this would be a safe haven, but people can't seem to control themselves. Understandable, but still no bueno for me.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yeah but a realistic cop would be boring and have a lot of paperwork. One set in a fictional GTA universe city would allow for more freedom. A GTA-universe El Paso or Albuquerque or Boston?

Or at least have a GTA style satirical style

Who says the game can't have a fictional city in GTA style without actually being GTA? I don't see how being in a GTA universe would allow for more freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom