• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but a realistic cop game would be boring and have a lot of paperwork. One set in a fictional GTA universe city would allow for more freedom. A GTA-universe El Paso or Albuquerque or Boston?

Or at least have a GTA style satirical style

Nah I think they could do their own franchise to do this.

I remeber reading an interview that said in GTA 3 they were going to have you make a choice of being a criminal or a cop.
They dropped the cop though because they thought all the fun was in being a criminal.

MMaRsu

Banned
I think when people play this they will just be flabbergasted. Just like wow what the fuck? All this crazy shit is possible and it looks/runs like this? WOW.

That's my hope at least. This seems like a game of the generation type deal guys.

DukeBobby

20,000 is when they usually lock a thread and get a new one up. Though sometimes we get a new one up at like 19,700 or so.

When there's about to be a sudden rush of posts, like in the Breaking Bad thread before an episode airs, a new one can sometimes go up when there are only 17000-18000 posts.

Well, that's it. I'm bailing. Hopefully OT2 will be less spoilerific.

Buckethead - Please emphasize NO SPOILERS of ANY kind in OT2. Thought this would be a safe haven, but people can't seem to control themselves. Understandable, but still no bueno for me.

While I share the sentiment of minimising spoilers, how exactly will this be implemented?

Spoilers mean different things for different people, look at the map leak as an example. For some it's a huge bit of information that they're actively trying to avoid, whilst others view it as something that will be seen within 5 minutes of gameplay (myself included, although I understand the differing views).

It's going to be very difficult to actually discuss the game properly when launch comes if 'no spoilers of any kind' is implemented, unless we keep that strictly confined to plot elements.

A spoiler thread is one option of course, but then that runs the risk of combining those who merely want to discuss the game in progress as opposed to those talking about the narrative :p

That being said, it'd be nice if people do remember to CLEARLY MARK SPOILERS and think a little before posting. Don't just slam down a black bar of hidden writing, provide a bit of context for what's underneath.

RawNuts

SPOILER:
8Bld7KF.png

Sorry guys

Question One of the possible achievements in the game

anyone have details about controlling a UFO and destroying the city?

Whut? I don't think that's an achievement!
There may be some silly collectathon (hidden packages?) related to that subject but that might be as far as it goes.

Just be glad it wasn't too big!

If you want more info about that spoiler: (SPOILER)
There was an achievement about a UFO, but nothing about destroying a city, that'd be tight

My thinking is

It'll be a crashed ship, hidden in some of the more desert like areas, as a homage to Area 51 et al.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
While I share the sentiment of minimising spoilers, how exactly will this be implemented?

Spoilers mean different things for different people, look at the map leak as an example. For some it's a huge bit of information that they're actively trying to avoid, whilst others view it as something that will be seen within 5 minutes of gameplay (myself included, although I understand the differing views).

It's going to be very difficult to actually discuss the game properly when launch comes if 'no spoilers of any kind' is implemented, unless we keep that strictly confined to plot elements.

A spoiler thread is one option of course, but then that runs the risk of combining those who merely want to discuss the game in progress as opposed to those talking about the narrative :p

That being said, it'd be nice if people do remember to CLEARLY MARK SPOILERS and think a little before posting. Don't just slam down a black bar of hidden writing, provide a bit of context for what's underneath.

I guess the only way is to use spoilers for everything that could be considered a spoiler.
and like you said say what's underneath.
It's either that or a spoiler thread and I thinkTLOU had that but I'm not sure if that started after or before release.

Gaz_RB

My thinking is

It'll be a crashed ship, hidden in some of the more desert like areas, as a homage to Area 51 et al.

Yeah,
I really doubt that they'd like to construct an entire ruined Los Santos haha. Probably just a UFO and maybe you can find a funny weapon in the wreckage.

Nah I got too much love for ya! We gotta get hype!

Even if I tried to quit this thread, I couldn't do it!

SPOIL ME I DONT EVEN CARE

(I do care though, don't actually)

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Not quite sure, but I know the first two OT's went by so fast. Already in OT4 now three months after release.

Yeah I know, sometimes I post in there but it goes by to quick for anyone to answer my little questions.

But I want to say no game has had an OT2 before release but I haven't been on GAF that long so...

RawNuts

My thinking is

Maybe it will be a reference to
the hobo that lived in a bus by the school in Bully; you brought him transistors and then he was abducted when you gave him the last part.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I can't wait to be on country roads late at night driving back to civilization after a mission... I'm certain that this game will ooze atmosphere, always has.

Dug

Banned
So...when do you think reviews will be out? All I know is that there is a magazine coming out Thursday that will have a review...

GTAO Info from new Game Informer, some old, some new:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/585650-game-informer-gta-online-hands-on/
- Back / Select Button = Interaction Menu: Change Outfit, Gesture, Access Inventory, Equip Mask
- We may have heard of this before: Missions are tailored to how you choose to play (for example: if you choose to do missions with your Crew, then the missions themselves will start being more centered around that)
- Each mission participant gets their own directions according to what they choose in the pre-mission lobby (like one person picks being the sniper", and another the look-out or transporter)
- Passive move is deactivated as soon as you shoot your gun
- Some apartments have room to only store two vehicles
- Leslie says you have to rank up (but only by a few ranks) to be able to start creating content, "We want people to understand the game before they go off and create...you should be there within an hour of play."
- regular races and GTA Races return, official confirmation of the Rally Mode
- seems like we can also place objects for custom Deathmatch games
- Rockstar will be stamping "Rockstar Verified" on the custom content they favor, we'll eventually get to know who makes the best content, and will be able to follow them whenever they create new content
- Eventually, Rockstar wants us to create our own complex missions and stories using the tools available as much as Rockstar uses theirs
- You can call in strippers in your apartment
- You can install a race transmission to enable your car to shift faster - (Manual Transmission hint?)
- If another player kills you and takes your money, you can only get it back by taking revenge or you can put a bounty on his head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom