• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V - review thread [Embargo 3pm BST/7am PST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am not looking forward to reading any GTA V reviews. I am looking forward to reading comments below GTA V reviews, and drown in the crazy." -Patrick Klepek, doing exactly what he is making fun of?

Karak

So we have that one place mentioned here that said the missions are too scripted and I'm reading Kotaku's review now where Totillo mentions it's probably the least linear game of the series. (Also ~75 story missions)

I guess I'm just going to have to wait to play it to find this stuff out.

It sways between the two allot.

DrChicken

Neo Member
tumblr_m8we0fLUlD1rz89f3o1_500.gif

mjc

I'm glad its getting lower than perfect scores. GTAIV was overhyped and reviewed too highly for the way it actually turned out. I trust that Rockstar has made this one better...I hope.

codhand

LOL, no surprise. But we all know GTA V is so much better that it is laughable. The hours of footage I have seen over the past few days has etched that much in stone.

i agree it looks better, but GTA4 undoubtedly lessens the impact (for at least this gen) of open-world games, therefore the game can be better, and the score worse...

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I haven't been on Neogaf long but there doesn't seem as much general annoyance or controversy about reviews when a game isn't exclusive.

Looking forward to reading some of these reviews but I will be waiting on the opinion of GAF before I buy it.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Oh yeah! Cant wait! if this comes even close to as good as TLoU for me, this year will be the best gaming year ever for me. :)

GiantBomb said:
since the game's lock-on targeting system trivializes the game's combat to the point where you're just blazing helicopter pilots through the windows of their choppers without giving it a second thought, regardless of the shooting statistic.

Ugh.

FACE

Banned
it was. Some insanely frustrating moments. Genuinely angry at times. You could foresee a scripting moment coming a mile away at times which is sad because the sandbox stuff was insane.

This has always been an issue I had with the series, for all the fun sandoboxy things you can do the main missions are usually pretty linear and scripted.

Anth0ny

I dunno... I can't take these scores seriously at all. Gta IV got the exact same treatment.

Hopefully I get my copy tomorrow and can judge for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom