• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Launch Trailer http://www

Hawk269

Has all footage thus far been of the PS4 version? Has there been a sighting of the Xbox One version as of yet?

Just saw this trailer on TV during WWE Raw commercial break. It mentioned nothing about Xbox One and did the Sony "greatness awaits" thing at the end.

PepperedHam

So are the team death match modes going to be able to be played in first person too? If so that's awesome. Either way this is awesome.

Last gen not all of my friends had this on the same console, this gen they will. It's going to be a party.

Hawk269

Just saw this trailer on TV during WWE Raw commercial break. It mentioned nothing about Xbox One and did the Sony "greatness awaits" thing at the end.

That was a Sony sponsored GTA commercial. Just like the COD and AC commercials running that start with the Xbox One logo and mentions the Xbox One at the end and no mention of PS4 versions of games. Same thing happened with Destiny. It is just a co-marketing thing that Sony and MS do.

This so much. Vice-City in HD would be so incredible. Make it happen R*
one of the best parts of V is the wetlands south of the miltary base and every time I'm there, I imagine a new Vice City with a 'countryside' that includes a giant everglades.

AmyS

Wont be shown ever

For my Xbox One brethren, even though there won't be a GTA V Resolution-gate, I fear there may be a GTA V Framerate-gate given the GPU disparity.
Unless, Rockstar Parity™ ?
However I really hope not, since my brother this year bought his first console since he was a kid, Xbox One, and he's getting the digital version of it.

any info about the next gen character creator?
it's better, new options, better textures, ign thinks it can cure cancer, etc. you can use it on your old characters too maybe when you transfer from PS3 to PS4 you get the choice to re-choose your appearance.

Scarphace

Just saw the commercial on ESPN literally 2 min after I viewed it here and all I can say is OMG. This game is definitely my most anticipated game of the holiday season even though I already played it. Nov 18th can't come fast enough.

I wasn't aware that taking 10 bucks off was a thing. Is it just Dick Smith that does this? That's awesome, thank you.
Dick Smith have had the best prices for next gen pre-orders for the last 12 months or so, you can usually pick up games for AUD$60 from them if you time it right based on their catalog deals. If you check the ozbargain website you'll be able to track this stuff. I've heard people mention that some Dick Smith stores have occasionally been unable to source enough copies on release day but I've never had any problems at my local store and they've always had a heap of excess copies.

any gaffer out there already have there copy of current gen GTA V? I am a little surprised that no live streams have popped up yet with the game so close to release. I started seeing AC unity and COD AW streams pop up like a week and a half prior to release. The streams would quickly get shut down but they was popping up.

Can't believe it's only 1 week away!

Even though I 100%'d it on PS3 last year, I'm more excited to play it again than any of the new titles on offer.

eso76

yeah, the very first GTAV trailer is still the best, plus i still think lighting has a little too much punch in the remaster.
The original PS360 version looked a bit more flat but also a lot more realistic, you could mistake a lot of those snapmatic pics for real photographs.
Of course might just be TOD related, though.

Going full digital, this is a game that's staying in my HDD forever anyway.

never really liked the IV trailers, thought most of the V trailers (including yesterday's) were the best since VC's I Ran and SA's Welcome to the Jungle

Arm by Arm for IV was pretty good but I'd take Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Skeletons, Sleepwalking, or the new Let's Go All The Way over the rest

WITHE1982

Decided today I'm gonna double dip on this next week. Luckily I'd not touched GTA online at all last gen so I can kinda justify paying another £50 to be able to start it fresh on next-gen.

TBH even without the online mode I'd probably still grab this. The graphical upgrade looks unprecedented for a remaster.

UrbanRats

I know it's a step-up, it's clear as day, but gameplay-wise it's not really offering anything new. And even with this remaster, the PS360 version is still eye pleasing. It's still GTA without FPS mode.
Even if the new graphics don't interest you, the FPS mode significantly changes how you experience the missions, and not playing at 25fps, is reason enough for me to consider this.

Of course, to each their own, but this is by far the most impressive "remaster" we've seen yet.

goonergaz

I just asked PS Live Chat and they said the pre-load will be available on Sunday.

GET HYPE!

I can't believe I am so hyped for this game. I enjoyed the start of GTA IV but got bored after a couple of hours. It wasn't until TBoGT came out I decided to pick that up and really liked it.

I held off on GTA V as a PS4 version was inevitable - so glad I waited but man the wait is now killing me, I feel like a kid at Christmas again! lol

goonergaz

Even if the new graphics don't interest you, the FPS mode significantly changes how you experience the missions, and not playing at 25fps, is reason enough for me to consider this.

Of course, to each their own, but this is by far the most impressive "remaster" we've seen yet.

Don't hold your breath...the fps is better than last gen, but not rock solid.

Just managing expectations :)

Woodchipper

I'd like to go back to Liberty City again in the next game to be honest. Might be because I went to New York for the first time a month ago, and I loved it!

No matter what GTA VI will be mind blowing I'm sure!

I'd like to go back to Liberty City again in the next game to be honest. Might be because I went to New York for the first time a month ago, and I loved it!

I really hope that isn't the case, and I'm a big fan of IV. New York has been used far too many times in games.

doofy102

I really hope that isn't the case, and I'm a big fan of IV. New York has been used far too many times in games.

On one hand, yeah, it has, on the other, there is no New York that feels quite like the world of IV at all, and another attempt at the city would probably be the same.

woen

GTA 6 will be in Vice City, no doubt about it.

doofy102

My fanboy idea for Vice City: The player swaps between two different characters living in two separate time periods of Vice City, the 80's and modern. Each time period has different vehicles, clothes, weapons, radio songs, and parts of the city differ between the periods. The countryside is mainly swamp. Somewhere in the swamp, during the modern era, you can find the corpse of a main character from the 80's storyline. Alligators are the new cougars.

Woodchipper

My fanboy idea for Vice City: The player swaps between two different characters living in two separate time periods of Vice City, the 80's and modern. Each time period has different vehicles, weapons, some changes to buildings, and radio.
How would that work story wise though? Terrible idea if you ask me.

doofy102

How would that work story wise though? Terrible idea if you ask me.

It could easily work story-wise. A few same characters between the two time-zones, and the main hook/mystery would be the player wondering if the character from the 80's storyline is still alive somewhere in the modern era, and if he is, why that character hasn't shown up yet. Basically, it would build up to a sense that something shocking/big went down at the end of the 80's time-period, but the player will be constantly trying to guess what happened, and who's hiding something about it, etc.

Raptomex

It could easily work story-wise. A few same characters between the stories, and the main hook/mystery would be the player wondering if the character from the 80's storyline is still alive somewhere in the modern era.
Like Frequency?
Frequency-2000-movie-poster.jpg

I'd like to see that. But who's to say it won't be in Venturas or San Fierro?

I think that they'd want to pick a place that would feel completely fresh for current gen platforms. They obviously could do it, but Vice City or a completely new city altogether would be more appealing. I guess they largely stick to those three because they're the most well known cities outside of the US.

And let's be honest, you really can't find a state that would be as easy to make fun of as Florida. Especially since VC was released where it seems like every day you've got some story that's so ridiculous that it sounds like it came from GTA.

doofy102

Like Frequency?

Never seen it

I have put some reasoning behind my fanboy theory.

1. If we do hypothetically go back to Vice City again, I just don't see Rockstar ditching the modern era. They love doing that too much, and it wouldn't fit with the other HD games, it'd just be weird going from 2008 to 2013 to 80's. I believe that the overall series Rockstar will deliver will be neat.

But I also don't see them doing Vice City without the 80's. Nobody wants Vice City without the 80's. Los Santos - Rockstar could build in the modern era, as LA is always a cultural hotbed (New York too) but Miami is the 80's.

2. As ambitious creators, Rockstar probably want to come up with a new twist on the "character jumping" mechanic. They don't like repeating the same thing every time. (There were clearly issues going on with keeping all 3 protagonists relevant to GTAV's rising action, too.)

This character/time hopping would answer both issues and create an insanely ambitious game; a world that is two worlds (centred around one rising action and its fallout of revenge 40 years later) which I think Rockstar would see as a kind of technical challenge they'd want to do.

There are a lot of things just as challenging they could do, but idk, to me this is what feels right. We need to have a HD Vice City, but it can't be just 80's or modern without deeply missing something. Until we get anything official at all, I'm pining for the fantasy day rockstar releases a trailer of HD Vice City in the 80's, and then releases a second one that takes place in 2018 (or, alternatively, we get one trailer with both spliced in, with just enough evidence of 2 time-zones for fans to go nuts with theories).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't wait for this game to have more NPCs in cars on screen in a highway than ACU and still run at a smooth framerate.

lordxar

Fired up Watch Dogs the other day and immediately got the itch for some GTA.I keep telling myself not to buy one again since I never finish it and usually just run around terrorizing the city but gd this looks so good.

Top Bottom