• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: The Official PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Launch Trailer http://www

My fanboy idea for Vice City: The player swaps between two different characters living in two separate time periods of Vice City, the 80's and modern. Each time period has different vehicles, clothes, weapons, radio songs, and parts of the city differ between the periods. The countryside is mainly swamp. Somewhere in the swamp, during the modern era, you can find the corpse of a main character from the 80's storyline. Alligators are the new cougars.

I like that idea actually, if it was done in a similar way as True Detective it could be really effective.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i really hope VI doesn't go back to liberty city. i enjoyed it in III but really didn't like it in IV. i think it's just such a miserable place.

What i'd love to see is either Las Venturas or Vice City.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
i really hope VI doesn't go back to liberty city. i enjoyed it in III but really didn't like it in IV. i think it's just such a miserable place.

What i'd love to see is either Las Venturas or Vice City.

Next step for Rockstar tbh could be to combine them all into one world. Wonder if that might become too big, though.

If they stick with their multiple character stories it might be doable. Oh, and I bet one of the main characters will be a female.

Auctopus

My fanboy idea for Vice City: The player swaps between two different characters living in two separate time periods of Vice City, the 80's and modern. Each time period has different vehicles, clothes, weapons, radio songs, and parts of the city differ between the periods. The countryside is mainly swamp. Somewhere in the swamp, during the modern era, you can find the corpse of a main character from the 80's storyline. Alligators are the new cougars.

Cool idea. I'd love the 80s to be all glitz and glamour and the modern times to be a shell of the former place. All run down and grimy.

Ishida

Banned

That sounds great, but the loading times between switching would take like 10 minutes...

Basketball

Has Rockstar said a single word whatsoever about trading in the original version yet? :/

you can trade your copy in to target to get 30 bucks off the remaster

YgF9O7T.jpg

It's so weird that I'm so hyped for a remaster of a game that I've already put 200+ hours into.
probably easier to get hyped for an upgrade to game you put 200 hours into than 50 because it has something worth replaying or playing regularly

akin to a mmo or online fps you play weekly -- of course you'd want new content or upgrades

Does any SP content transfer over from previous gen to next gen version? What about pre-order bonuses from previous gen (I got the Eligy I think)? Also will the extra stuff that came from GTAO work the same way in the next gen version on the SP side (I.e. you can spawn an endless supply of those vehicles from your purchased garage/hanger/dock whenever you like, for free)?

Does any SP content transfer over from previous gen to next gen version? What about pre-order bonuses from previous gen (I got the Eligy I think)? Also will the extra stuff that came from GTAO work the same way in the next gen version on the SP side (I.e. you can spawn an endless supply of those vehicles from your purchased garage/hanger/dock whenever you like, for free)?

I believe that car was a special bonus for linking your Social Club account to the game. They said that all of the extra DLC content from the Special Edition/Collector's Edition will be there for players that had them before (and for everyone else it will be able to buy in-game).

Armaly

If I got the PS4 version could I transfer my character over to the PC version when it comes out in January or is the transfer only available for characters on last gen?

swooshboy

Neo Member
If I got the PS4 version could I transfer my character over to the PC version when it comes out in January or is the transfer only available for characters on last gen?

Seems like you can transfer your PS3 / 360 character over once, so either to PS4, or to PC...but not to both.

Less than a week to go and there are no gameplay leaks or streams :O

Not even crappy potato videos....

Last year was insane with all leaked streams and hidden vimeo videos but now it's all quiet ._.

Less than a week to go and there are no gameplay leaks or streams :O

Not even crappy potato videos....

Last year was insane with all leaked streams and hidden vimeo videos but now it's all quiet ._.
kinda shocking that not one stream to my knowledge has popped up with only 5 days until release. I am sure there are copies out in the wild now. Seen my 1st Far Cry 4 stream a little earlier and the guy claims he will be receiving GTA V on the PS4 later on today in the mail.

F311

Did a search for the right thread to post this in but i couldnt really see one so went with this one but has anyone had any problems buying it off the psn store? I try and i just get an error, though i have a small file in my library for gta 5 with a countdown does that mean i've bought it?

Fry

Does the Xbox turn off on its own after a preload download is finished?

I left it on downloading and went to sleep, just woke up and its turned off. I dont know if the download was over...actually I cant believe it finished this fast.

DOWN

Banned
Does the Xbox turn off on its own after a preload download is finished?

I left it on downloading and went to sleep, just woke up and its turned off. I dont know if the download was over...actually I cant believe it finished this fast.

You don't need to turn it on to download things as long as you tell it to download things while in standby. And it may have shut off because there is also a setting that tells it to shut off after a certain time left idle if you don't disable it.

Fry

You don't need to turn it on to download things as long as you tell it to download things while in standby. And it may have shut off because there is also a setting that tells it to shut off after a certain time left idle if you don't disable it.
Do you know where I can see these options?

Thanks!

you can trade your copy in to target to get 30 bucks off the remaster

YgF9O7T.jpg

I was thinking about this deal the other day. Are we able to do the trade-in on Sunday or Monday, since that's when the ad breaks? I can't imagine doing it when you go to pick the game up, since their trade-in hours are so completely fucked.

They open between noon and three, close at random times, and take hour long breaks with little notice. The game would probably sell out by the time you traded your copy in, leaving you with a worthless coupon, and it's too late to preorder now since Target pulls the preorder cards a week before release.

Top Bottom