• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

This game looks unbelievable

lord-of-the-rings-gandalf.png

Last edited:

Lethal01

of course cgi CAN be better, I’m not talking about the absolute best of the best, but pre-rendered cutscenes and tv shows looked roughly on par with that 1943 trailer not too long ago.
ee4kgiat.jpg

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-2-22-05-2024-21-24-44.png

h9yrh48b.jpg

vs

JsubuPB.jpg

it's just not a fair comparison, maybe if you choo some CGI thats meant to blend in with PS4 gameplay.

Last edited:
Good lord, this is insane.

Series X here btw.

M66GHwu.png
But this is not how the real game looks. You are all posting cutscene footage which is in real time but as I said before it's dialed to 11 only in those instances. It is not representative of the actual gameplay footage. You guys are doing the same as with TLOU 2 posting these very expressive screenshots but they are not present during gameplay nor are there as many details on the character. Here is an example of an actual gameplay screenshot. They don't come even close. So all that graphical magic is just a very controlled environment with lighting that doesn't appear in the gameplay and details that are halved when playing the game.

mPwH0CV.jpeg

k8SzVcD.jpeg

ee4kgiat.jpg

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-2-22-05-2024-21-24-44.png

h9yrh48b.jpg

vs

JsubuPB.jpg

it's just not a fair comparison, maybe if you choo some CGI thats meant to blend in with PS4 gameplay.
Doesn’t seem that far off from that sans the hair - but I posted a video of a blur cutscene, that’s not meant to blend with gameplay.

I dunno theres definitely a cgi lite quality to these games imo - for the first time maybe ever. It will never reach a current day top tier offline render of course because that’s impossible.

But this is not how the real game looks. You are all posting cutscene footage which is in real time but as I said before it's dialed to 11 only in those instances. It is not representative of the actual gameplay footage. You guys are doing the same as with TLOU 2 posting these very expressive screenshots but they are not present during gameplay nor are there as many details on the character. Here is an example of an actual gameplay screenshot. They don't come even close. So all that graphical magic is just a very controlled environment with lighting that doesn't appear in the gameplay and details that are halved when playing the game.

mPwH0CV.jpeg

k8SzVcD.jpeg
Those cutscenes are still realtime rendered though.

If only gameplay footage count then you could argue what is exactly gameplay? There are moments in that game where you literally only move the stick forward to play the cutscene.

One of the reasons this game can look this good is that there’s very little going on in terms of gameplay logic.

Last edited:

mrqs

Finished Hellblade 2. Honestly? Indika was much better, more interesting and with a much better story. Much smaller team, but pretty similar game types.

Of course Hellblade 2 looks insane, but damn, did they pick the most boring, dead and dry place ever to put so much effort.

4296166-01_indika_opening.00_03_18_51.still009.jpg

Those cutscenes are still realtime rendered though.

If only gameplay footage count then you could argue what is exactly gameplay? There are moments in that game where you literally only move the stick forward to play the cutscene.

One of the reasons this game can look this good is that there’s very little going on in terms of gameplay logic.

And i DID say its rendered real-time, just as TLOU 2 and Uncharted 4 were, but people are posting those and showing off to people as this is the newest level of graphics we reached. Its still a cutscene, I just posted a random gameplay screenshot, theres nothing out of this world about it. Im just arguing that people cherry pic a section and want to make the whole topic about that. Yes you can pause that cutscene real time and take that screenshot but even the camera movement in those instances is limited because its just graphical trickery, they put it all out in the cutscene but you cant say that represents how the real game looks like when thats only the 10% of the whole game we get to see in that light.

People were posting screenshots like this to "showcase" the graphics of Uncharted 4 but we all know thats not how he actually looks in game even though this is from in game cutscene.

0vDqea5.png

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And i DID say its rendered real-time, just as TLOU 2 and Uncharted 4 were, but people are posting those and showing off to people as this is the newest level of graphics we reached. Its still a cutscene, I just posted a random gameplay screenshot, theres nothing out of this world about it. Im just arguing that people cherry pic a section and want to make the whole topic about that. Yes you can pause that cutscene real time and take that screenshot but even the camera movement in those instances is limited because its just graphical trickery, they put it all out in the cutscene but you cant say that represents how the real game looks like when thats only the 10% of the whole game we get to see in that light.

People were posting screenshots like this to "showcase" the graphics of Uncharted 4 but we all know thats not how he actually looks in game even though this is from in game cutscene.

0vDqea5.png

If it's being rendered in real time and not a pre-rendered video or CG, I don't see the problem.

Besides, it's not like Senua's in-game model is a slouch.

R3ytx3o.jpeg

Something real fucking revolutionary will need to come out in the next 6 months for this to not win the 'best graphics' award from DF.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

0vDqea5.png
That’s just one screenshot. Plenty of gifs and other in game screenshots have been posted in this thread. In fact the cutscene character model is rarely posted.

I think we are all smart enough to tell the difference between cutscene and gameplay fidelity. That particular shot posted by adamsapple is a comparison to a render in the original trailer. It’s crazy how close the have come to what was a prerendered trailer.

mPwH0CV.jpeg

k8SzVcD.jpeg
The point is that its realtime and maybe with some work we could see graphics in gameplay like that this gen (could we?). Lethal said that we would need way more power than Series X and PS5 to render something like that. Actually the Senua cutscene screenshot looks BETTER than the Love death and robot screenshot IMO.

mPwH0CV.jpeg

k8SzVcD.jpeg

Aye I'm with ya. That in-game model noticeably doesn't look as good as most shots being posted in here, photo modes themselves are even known to boost quality of effects. Hellblade II is a nice looking game but the hyperbole is nuts. It's funny because if you go back about 20 or so pages of this thread, folk are ragging on others posting TLOU2 in-game cinematic screenshots when comparing with the likes of Alan Wake 2 etc. Hell, I've even read here now that they count as in-game shots because they are from in-game cinematics. GAF is wild sometimes.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

Aye I'm with ya. That in-game model noticeably doesn't look as good as most shots being posted in here, photo modes themselves are even known to boost quality of effects. Hellblade II is a nice looking game but the hyperbole is nuts. It's funny because if you go back about 20 or so pages of this thread, folk are ragging on others posting TLOU2 in-game cinematic screenshots when comparing with the likes of Alan Wake 2 etc. Hell, I've even read here now that they count as in-game shots because they are from in-game cinematics. GAF is wild sometimes.
Most of the screenshots are gameplay LOL . In the same DF video you have the example of gameplay and as John himself says that even during those moments it comes to surprise more than in cinematics

If you've played the game, you'll have seen the level of detail and animations as you play, because you can stop the game whenever you want with the photo mode. And no, photo mode in Hellblade 2 doesn't enhance the detail of what you're seeing. Of course, the character acquires an extra detail in moments of cinematics, but the curious thing is that you can see that the rest of the environment and scene and detail is still intact.

Gameplay

1716490851-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-23-16-55-12-resultat.jpg

1716490882-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-23-16-23-56-resultat.jpg

8ce3743d-a8d7-44b7-b01b-1b6f8297e0cd.png

1716442205-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-22-16-11-34-resultat.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the screenshots are gameplay LOL . In the same DF video you have the example of gameplay and as John himself says that even during those moments it comes to surprise more than in cinematics

If you've played the game, you'll have seen the level of detail and animations as you play, because you can stop the game whenever you want with the photo mode. And no, photo mode in Hellblade 2 doesn't enhance the detail of what you're seeing. Of course, the character acquires an extra detail in moments of cinematics, but the curious thing is that you can see that the rest of the environment and scene and detail is still intact.

Gameplay

1716490851-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-23-16-55-12-resultat.jpg

1716490882-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-23-16-23-56-resultat.jpg

8ce3743d-a8d7-44b7-b01b-1b6f8297e0cd.png

1716442205-senua-s-saga-hellblade-ii-2024-05-22-16-11-34-resultat.jpg

Why you bullshittin me bro? The only one there I'd consider in-game screenshot would be the third one, hell the first & fourth are the complete opposite aspect ratio. One of the reasons I quoted the chap above is that the screenshots they have look just like someone has clicked PrtSrn on the keyboard, none of that photo mode malarkey.

To be fair I'm not even saying it looks bad, I'm just not impressed much. Its a first party 6 hour long linear walking sim that's been in development several years and backed by Microsoft, this level of fidelity is to be expected. In fact It should probably look better

adamsapple

Why you bullshittin me bro? The only one there I'd consider in-game screenshot would be the third one, hell the first & fourth are the complete opposite aspect ratio. One of the reasons I quoted the chap above is that the screenshots they have look just like someone has clicked PrtSrn on the keyboard, none of that photo mode malarkey.

Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF

Are you missing an /s from your post?

SlimySnake

I went back a few pages to see just how many of these cutscene shots have been posted. I only post gameplay gifs so it couldnt be me. Turns out, only three screenshots of cutscene character models have been posted plus one cutscene gif i posted. the rest have been gameplay. i will remove the gifs to not overload the page with gifs but the quotes are there for everyone to see.

Just ridiculous hill to die on. Yes, cutscene model looks superior. it is known. it still looks way better than 99% of the ingame character models out there. Only Horizon and Callisto come close. And people have already said that the facial animations are too exaggerated. The game's biggest achievements are outside of cutscenes in its environment rendering thanks to nanite and the absolutely insane lumen lighting which is complimented by CG quality fog and smoke effects.

its ok to not like the game's visuals but to lie and suggest that we are only posting cutscenes is bizarre. and the cutscene shots that have been posted are mostly in comparison to the CG shots of movies to show just how far realtime rendering has come. its not like we took an ingame screenshot of tlou2 and compared it against a cutscene shot of hellblade 2.

atmosphere out of the fucking ass

only Alan Wake 2 comes close this gen in that regard

Some direct feed HB2 screens from my own Series X for @ChiefDada and SlimySnake SlimySnake 's evaluation.

I think, on console at least, this is probably the most impressive thing I have played visually this gen so far.

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-II-2024-05-22-02-03-41.png

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-II-2024-05-21-18-43-49.png

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-II-2024-05-22-02-55-05.png

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-II-2024-05-21-19-42-02.png

And a quick video, I don't know a good free host for higher resolution sorry, Streamable butchers it to 720p.

Hellblade 2 is the real deal. The game looks like the UE5 Rebirth trailer. All those rocks and pebbles look to be lifted straight from those quixel trailers. The big ones dont look as sharp but everything on the ground looks photorealistic. There are so many different kinds of rock types and they all have perfect light bounce, AO, and even reflections in some cases.

The lighting is like a gen ahead of games like plague's tale. You can see where the budget went. Callisto looks amazing but still has that gamey look while this is going for photorealism and it gets there more often than not. I love this blue-ish look that is completely removed in the night time sections where everything is lit with lightning and fire torches. the amazing GI mixes in with the fog and volumetric lighting does the rest.

speaking of fog, best use of fog ever. they dont use it to mask the draw distance which is pretty impressive in chapter 2. but the volumetric lighting here is like a gen ahead of even something like alan wake 2. the fog feels thick, it doesnt feel fake like its there to mask draw distance and the way it lights up is very impressive.

the only thing id nitpick on is the character models which look next gen at times and then fairly last gen when the camera isnt right up to their faces. when you have two character models on screen at once, they look ok at best.

Anyway, this is another one of those games that you really have to play on your tv to fully appreciate. so many details are lost in youtube compression and even gifs. the dynamic nature of its lighting also doesnt come across in screenshots. right now, after around 2 hours, id rate it above alan wake 2 and callisto. avatar is a different kind of game so kind of an unfair comparison to either game, but this game is basically what ive been waiting for since i saw the unreal engine 4 rebirth demo all those years ago.

P.S Water is phenomenal too. the game's visuals are extremely consistent in a generation where every single game has been extremely inconsistent. this is next gen like 99.9% of the time.

For me Banishers is a better game but as a graphical showcase for Xbox Series X this is hard to fault more so if you have a decent TV

Jesus Christ, can this game look insane.

Screenshot-18031.png

Cross posting from another thread, but it's impressive to see real time character renderings matching and exceeding CG rendered characters from games not too long ago.

Comparing HB2 character model vs CG / pre-rendered Farah model from Modern Warfare 2019

UE5 Metahuman is no joke. Can't wait for that Cap x Black Panther game.

Senua-s-Saga-Hellblade-2-5-22-2024-6-58-35-PM.jpg

3598450-3596449-review_codmw_10242019_realkallie.00_01_36_47.still005.jpg

I feel like calling this game CG is almost a disservice to the game because those cutscene character faces look straight up photorealistic in comparison to those CoD CG character models made by Blur. Just a couple of days ago i was watching their Midway cutscene for Vanguard, and I was jealous because i thought we would never get those visuals in a game, but i just watched this cutscene below and i did a double take because at one point i thought i was watching a tv show. TLOU2 and callisto have been topped, this is simply on another level.

P.S these gifs are blown out because of my hdr capture. but if i turn off hdr when cutting the gif it looks too dull and loses color. Thats another thing that doesnt come across in gifs, screenshots and youtube videos. the fucking color is gone because screenshots and gifs cant capture hdr and youtube removes all detail even if it retains the hdr color spectrum. i will post a comparison gif in the post above so you guys can see just how much you lose when giffing these games.

The asset quality in this game is movie like. I know Epic was boasting about using movie quality assets in the PS5 demo, but this is the first time ive seen that in a game. Everything doesnt just look detailed, it looks like it couldve been in a disney live action adaptation of the lion king or in a mandolorian tv show.

the rocks are of course extremely detailed, but its the huts and houses that impress the most. its hard to notice them because the game is mostly set in dark grey lighting conditions but when the sun hits these man made objects, you really get to see that these things arent just super detailed like they are in UE4 games like star wars and callisto, they look like they are lifted right out of a movie.

P.S these gifs are blown out because of my hdr capture. but if i turn off hdr when cutting the gif it looks too dull and loses color. Thats another thing that doesnt come across in gifs, screenshots and youtube videos. the fucking color is gone because screenshots and gifs cant capture hdr and youtube removes all detail even if it retains the hdr color spectrum. i will post a comparison gif in the post above so you guys can see just how much you lose when giffing these games.

Good lord, this is insane.

Series X here btw.

M66GHwu.png

This game looks unbelievable

Visual fidelity at maximun

LbVOn5B.jpeg

KorkuE4.jpeg

5qh6bnq.jpeg

The in-game model loses a little bit of the detail but is pretty close. I can't replicate the face paint, that's a very scene specific thing.

R3ytx3o.jpeg

adamsapple

I had no idea it would be so upsetting for GAF to not have someone not gushing over Hellblade II

No, you're missing the point. When people are posting gameplay character models, like you asked, you're still saying that they're not valid.

Photo mode is needed to come closer to see the details, photo mode doesn't add extra details in the game play screens.

So if you want us to compare the level of detail in the cut-scene vs in-game model, we need to pull the camera close to see those details.

Last edited:
No, you're missing the point. When people are posting gameplay character models, like you asked, you're still saying that they're not valid.

Photo mode is needed to come closer to see the details, photo mode doesn't add extra details in the game play screens.

So if you want us to compare the level of detail in the cut-scene vs in-game model, we need to pull the camera close to see those details.

Why are you chewing fists? I never even asked anyone to @ me screenshots. Random dude just comes after me with photo mode shots because I'm not gushing about the game 🤷‍♂️ Not even said it looks bad, you guys are just insane

Darsxx82

To be fair I'm not even saying it looks bad, I'm just not impressed much. Its a first party 6 hour long linear walking sim that's been in development several years and backed by Microsoft, this level of fidelity is to be expected. In fact It should probably look better
You confirm then that you speak without knowing...and then you get upset because someone offers you proof.🙃🙃

All of these screenshots are from gameplay moments captured with photo mode. It is not cunematic. In the DF video you have a sample of the same.

Photo mode is activated directly during gameplay, there is no improvement or addition. You can simply move the camera while even the rest of the environment (wind in the vegetation, water, atmospheric effects, fabrics and moving objects) continues to move.

That is, don't believe that these are models and facial animations from gameplay says everything in favor of the game🤷🏻

Last edited:

adamsapple

Why are you chewing fists? I never even asked anyone to @ me screenshots. Random dude just comes after me with photo mode shots because I'm not gushing about the game 🤷‍♂️ Not even said it looks bad, you guys are just insane

Alright well you're entitled to your opinions. Game play shots with photo mode have been posted since like the first page of this topic so folks are gonna keep doing that 🤷‍♂️

Alright well you're entitled to your opinions. Game play shots with photo mode have been posted since like the first page of this topic so folks are gonna keep doing that 🤷‍♂️

I just don't see photo mode as in-game. Likely due to my site getting PR dumps from publishers where all the screengrabs look photo mode so my minds auto filtering as marketing screenshot these days. It's not wrong thinking about it, Users using photo mode are also trying to make the game look the best it can and the modes themselves allow for lighting etc changes for the most part to aid that.

An in-game shot to me looks like it would if I was playing the game, there's been a few posted but not many so far, and that's why I don't say the game looks bad. It looks pretty good in those. I assumed most people thought in-game & photo mode shots were separate, but I guess I'm the one in the minority :messenger_grinning_sweat:

DanielG165

Yeah, Hellblade 2 is immense. There are plenty of moments with Senua that literally make me stop and believe I’m legitimately controlling a real person. The set piece for the first “real” boss (if you know you know), was the most visually mind blowing showcase I’ve seen all generation long. The game just doesn’t stop lol, it doesn’t stop looking like was supposed to come out for the next Xbox.

Oh, and only the last photo is from a cutscene, by the way. Absolute insanity, this game.

EDIT: Also, people who attempt to downplay this game’s visuals, without having even played it (they’ve just seen footage or photos here, or on YouTub), have no horse in this race, respectively. You can’t say that you, “expected more”, when the game has never run across your eyes in realtime. I don’t know why it’s so challenging for some to simply celebrate something that is, as it objectively stands, the best looking product in its medium, but opinions are opinions. It’s just an odd hill to stand on.

LlTAYjM.jpeg
01iwAoc.jpeg
FZorffj.jpeg
rWDyLSY.jpeg
jsQr6ce.jpeg
C7a75z9.jpeg
0XYRbPQ.jpeg
m6oK8wz.jpeg
bnEEicR.jpeg
JHZo7gS.jpeg

Last edited:

SlimySnake

that whole sequence is mind blowing. the flame illuminates the ceiling and then you start to see reflections in the water. You can also see all the detail in her face as the camera is zoomed in even closer than it does in outdoor areas while the torch gives her that hero lighting we all love. i dont care what anyone says, it looked like i was playing a movie. i couldnt find a single flaw in it. not in the character model or the lighting or the reflections or asset quality.

whats funny is that several times through out that cave level ( a level that i fucking hate btw because of how long it was and how basic it was) , they transition the lighting to either completely dark or just have hero lighting on her while everything else goes black, and good god she starts looking photorealistic in a way no other character model has since this gen started. sometimes its not even a cutscene and they play tricks on you by making you think they are transitioning into a cutscene.

its honestly crazy how the game can look so good in so many different lighting conditions. so many games just fall apart when there isnt enough light. yes, hellblade 2's character model looks the best when there is a torch right next to her face, but the environments dont need that hero lighting to look good because of they will look great thanks to great AO and shadow coverage lacking from most last gen games that dont have RTGI or lumen coverage. we've seen this in other UE5 games like robocop but its perfect here.

Look at how the rock detail is preserved here despite the fact that the sky is cloudy and you dont have bright yellow sunlight coming in like you did in the PS5 UE5 demo. This area would be so bland in last gen games and even most modern games. But UE5 is like i got this. you will get tesselated looking nanite rocks instead of painted on textures and they will have accurate AO coverage where light cant and shouldnt get through.

aid9kFm.gif

In HDR, this looks even better.

DanielG165

Oh yeah, HDR makes this game go even nuttier. I think the cave section was the first, properly DARK cavern that I’ve been through in a video game. The way the torch interacted with the different surrounding areas and Senua herself… Damn I wish I could go back and have that first experience again.

JCreasy

If PlayStation Studios was smart, they would task recruiters with targeting Ninja Theory technical developers that actually worked with Unreal Engine 5. We know some PS studios are working with UE 5. Don’t wait for Microsoft to pull the plug on them.

Msamy

After watching some leaked gameplay from valve next game deadlock looks
graphicly on bar with fortnite (unreal engine 5 vesrsion) and it clearly uses rtgi , that makes really wonder why there's no playstation first party studio using rtgi until now (even Ds2 which may using it isn't from first party studio) it's really sad that most of big studio's even some indie developers build games with better graphics tech than all of sony first party games .

GymWolf

Gold Member
I went back a few pages to see just how many of these cutscene shots have been posted. I only post gameplay gifs so it couldnt be me. Turns out, only three screenshots of cutscene character models have been posted plus one cutscene gif i posted. the rest have been gameplay. i will remove the gifs to not overload the page with gifs but the quotes are there for everyone to see.

Just ridiculous hill to die on. Yes, cutscene model looks superior. it is known. it still looks way better than 99% of the ingame character models out there. Only Horizon and Callisto come close. And people have already said that the facial animations are too exaggerated. The game's biggest achievements are outside of cutscenes in its environment rendering thanks to nanite and the absolutely insane lumen lighting which is complimented by CG quality fog and smoke effects.

its ok to not like the game's visuals but to lie and suggest that we are only posting cutscenes is bizarre. and the cutscene shots that have been posted are mostly in comparison to the CG shots of movies to show just how far realtime rendering has come. its not like we took an ingame screenshot of tlou2 and compared it against a cutscene shot of hellblade 2.
You ignored my pics you fucker.

Darsxx82

that whole sequence is mind blowing. the flame illuminates the ceiling and then you start to see reflections in the water. You can also see all the detail in her face as the camera is zoomed in even closer than it does in outdoor areas while the torch gives her that hero lighting we all love. i dont care what anyone says, it looked like i was playing a movie. i couldnt find a single flaw in it. not in the character model or the lighting or the reflections or asset quality.

whats funny is that several times through out that cave level ( a level that i fucking hate btw because of how long it was and how basic it was) , they transition the lighting to either completely dark or just have hero lighting on her while everything else goes black, and good god she starts looking photorealistic in a way no other character model has since this gen started. sometimes its not even a cutscene and they play tricks on you by making you think they are transitioning into a cutscene.

its honestly crazy how the game can look so good in so many different lighting conditions. so many games just fall apart when there isnt enough light. yes, hellblade 2's character model looks the best when there is a torch right next to her face, but the environments dont need that hero lighting to look good because of they will look great thanks to great AO and shadow coverage lacking from most last gen games that dont have RTGI or lumen coverage. we've seen this in other UE5 games like robocop but its perfect here.

Look at how the rock detail is preserved here despite the fact that the sky is cloudy and you dont have bright yellow sunlight coming in like you did in the PS5 UE5 demo. This area would be so bland in last gen games and even most modern games. But UE5 is like i got this. you will get tesselated looking nanite rocks instead of painted on textures and they will have accurate AO coverage where light cant and shouldnt get through.

aid9kFm.gif

In HDR, this looks even better.
The uncanny valley feeling becomes strange. It really produces mini shocks in the brain and you need a few seconds to remember that what you see is not a movie with real actors. Everything comes together perfectly, including the sound.

That part of the caves has made me think about the possibility of some area in Gears 6 where you face several Locust, remembering the setting of Gears 1 areas.

Or the next Tomb Raider in its typical caves😯

Yeah, Hellblade 2 is immense. There are plenty of moments with Senua that literally make me stop and believe I’m legitimately controlling a real person. The set piece for the first “real” boss (if you know you know), was the most visually mind blowing showcase I’ve seen all generation long. The game just doesn’t stop lol, it doesn’t stop looking like was supposed to come out for the next Xbox.

Oh, and only the last photo is from a cutscene, by the way. Absolute insanity, this game.

EDIT: Also, people who attempt to downplay this game’s visuals, without having even played it (they’ve just seen footage or photos here, or on YouTub), have no horse in this race, respectively. You can’t say that you, “expected more”, when the game has never run across your eyes in realtime. I don’t know why it’s so challenging for some to simply celebrate something that is, as it objectively stands, the best looking product in its medium, but opinions are opinions. It’s just an odd hill to stand on.

LlTAYjM.jpeg
01iwAoc.jpeg
FZorffj.jpeg
rWDyLSY.jpeg
jsQr6ce.jpeg
C7a75z9.jpeg
0XYRbPQ.jpeg
m6oK8wz.jpeg
bnEEicR.jpeg
JHZo7gS.jpeg
This is insane looking ur gonna make me get gamepass for a month just to slog through this game purely for the graphics

TLOU2s gap between cinematics and gameplay models was much much larger than hellblades on ps4. They closed the gap slightly with the Ps5 version but it still appears to be a wider gap, at least from the footage

The uncanny valley feeling becomes strange. It really produces mini shocks in the brain and you need a few seconds to remember that what you see is not a movie with real actors. Everything comes together perfectly, including the sound.

That part of the caves has made me think about the possibility of some area in Gears 6 where you face several Locust, remembering the setting of Gears 1 areas.

Or the next Tomb Raider in its typical caves😯

The caves reminded me of Gears as well. Hopefully Gears 6 will also be a looker.

Darsxx82

The caves reminded me of Gears as well. Hopefully Gears 6 will also be a looker.
Hopefully TC have seen the opportunity to take advantage of the virtues of UE 5 in this regard to offer us at least some phase or area that takes place in caves at that level. In fact, they could simply use that same place with several Locusts and would have already managed to make those of us who wish for a turn into the dark atmosphere of Gears 1 and 2 happy.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I can't wait to see new doom , gears 6 and perfect dark in the upcoming xbox showcase i expect all of them to have true next gen graphics
Sony is getting lapped this generation, unbelievable. They simply have nothing to show.

However Hellblade 2 bodes well for Wolverine, if thats the target they have in mind for fidelity.

Last edited:

DanielG165

Throw MS Flight Sim 2024 in there as well. Although it’s a niche game overall, there’s nothing else like it in scope and scale, while maintaining photorealistic graphics.

It’s honestly crazy, as even though I, as an Xbox fan, can very much acknowledge how much they’re screwed up lately and how the foundation desperately needs those massive holes patched… They currently have the best looking games on the market. Flight Simulator, Hellblade 2, both photorealistic games, the latter of which genuinely comes off as CGI 98% of the time. I can only imagine how Gears 6 will look like, probably not as absolutely bonkers as HB2 just do to it being a larger game with more going on, but still nothing short of incredible.

SlimySnake

Sony is getting lapped this generation, unbelievable. They simply have nothing to show.

However Hellblade 2 bodes well for Wolverine, if thats the target they have in mind for fidelity.
they arnet even doing a showcase this year, just another shit state of play. get fucked herman. he took over what was effectively the best gaming publisher both in terms of graphics and goty awards and completely fucked up their output in 5 years.

and of course he was promoted for it. typical corporate politics. fail upwards. just like ms execs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom