• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grasshopper Manufacture remaking The Silver Case for PC in Unity 5

There's a very good guide online that I used to finish it, but you'll miss out on nearly ever major story beat. A LOT is conveyed only through text apart from the major WTF moments.

Yeah, I've used the guide for the first case only. I'd probably be using that guide whether my Japanese was good enough or not. :p
How much could you understand when you played it?

cj_iwakura

Yeah, I've used the guide for the first case only. I'd probably be using that guide whether my Japanese was good enough or not. :p
How much could you understand when you played it?

Very little. Just the key beats, it's a very dense script.

Remaking flower, sun, and rain on PC? Hell yeah, let's make it happen!

Well, maybe if they port the PS2 version... it's night and day in comparison to the DS version. (Not to mention the removed OP)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Firstly, THANK YOU.
Secondly, can you assuage any of my concerns about the game's original content?

And how far along is it?

Sorry, I can't say anything.

(I'm also not on the team. I've moved onto a dev team internally to work on a brand new project. Hopefully I can talk about what I'm working on in a couple months)

Never heard of this before, reading up on it and now im hyped, really wanna play Moonlight Syndrome too but that'll be a miracle.

cj_iwakura

Never heard of this before, reading up on it and now im hyped, really wanna play Moonlight Syndrome too but that'll be a miracle.

I always figured your name was a reference, heh. MS can happen, but it'll take time. Vermillion's been doing a translation of it at her blog and EsperKnight plans to put it in game afterward.

If you've ever played Danganronpa 2, it has MS in it, basically.

I always figured your name was a reference, heh. MS can happen, but it'll take time. Vermillion's been doing a translation of it at her blog and EsperKnight plans to put it in game afterward.

If you've ever played Danganronpa 2, it has MS in it, basically.

Yeah i played DR2, i knew that part was reference to an old game but i thought that was as far as it went, not that it was basically the whole game.

cj_iwakura

Yeah i played DR2, i knew that part was reference to an old game but i thought that was as far as it went, not that it was basically the whole game.

Not even close, but it's the same idea. Graphic style is pretty much 1:1.

The link in the OP talks about how MS ties into TSC, but I'd avoid the TSC section.

Basically,
the main character of MS is TSC's antagonist.

thebatdan

Y'all's hype is highly motivating =) it should be us thanking fans like you. Soo yeah, thanks!

Also yeah I can't say anything until the 6th. I'll swing back in then to talk about it tho.

cj_iwakura

Y'all's hype is highly motivating =) it should be us thanking fans like you. Soo yeah, thanks!

Also yeah I can't say anything until the 6th. I'll swing back in then to talk about it tho.
You have to realize this is the Suda51 equivalent of going back and releasing Megami Tensei 1 and 2. So, thank you!!!

This is like the most unlikely game on my wishlist to ever get. Flower, Sun & Rain is one of my all time favourite games. Blows my mind how you people managed to make this a reality. It's great that we can say thanks to the likes of you [even if it's just over the interwebs] for making this a reality for us plebs (fellow Berserk fan +1). :D
Thank you!

cj_iwakura

This is like the most unlikely game on my wishlist to ever get. Flower, Sun & Rain is one of my all time favourite games. Blows my mind how you people managed to make this a reality. It's great that we can say thanks to the likes of you [even if it's just over the interwebs] for making this a reality for us plebs (fellow Berserk fan +1). :D
Thank you!
Rewatch the end of FSR sometime. You'll notice the last scene is done in the style and font of The Silver Case, even in the localization. I don't get the importance of the dialogue, but apparently it's very significant.
"Give me back my ¥50,000!"

Rewatch the end of FSR sometime. You'll notice the last scene is done in the style and font of The Silver Case, even in the localization. I don't get the importance of the dialogue, but apparently it's very significant.
"Give me back my ¥50,000!"

Finally that ending will make sense for us! Erm, hopefully, that is. Been listening to Takada's water -For Relaxing Time- (Flower, Sun & Rain OST music) all evening in celebration.

Noticed Suda posted this on Twitter:

"IndieMegaBooth PLAYISM Booth." (Silver Case artwork)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEgl3Cfs1z7/

cj_iwakura

Finally that ending will make sense for us! Erm, hopefully, that is. Been listening to Takada's water -For Relaxing Time- (Flower, Sun & Rain OST music) all evening in celebration.

Noticed Suda posted this on Twitter:

I have a theory that (TSC/FSR spoilers!)
at some point during TSC, Tetsugoro lent Sumio Kodai that money. So the stinger is that he knows Mondo is Kodai.

takoyaki

screenshot2016-04-24ar0lj2.png

if you shift the letters by 3, it spells out:

THE SILVER CASE
Grasshopper Manufacture

still can't believe it's happening, I'm so excited for the game :)

I have a theory that (TSC/FSR spoilers!)
at some point during TSC, Tetsugoro lent Sumio Kodai that money. So the stinger is that he knows Mondo is Kodai.

That's what I figured too looking it up online after beating FS&R looking for answers to that ending (which even confuses the Japanese players too). I'm wondering if these remakes will eventually lead to new entries after FS&R so we can see what happened after. I mean, it's fun to think about the events after that game. Maybe if we get The Silver Case: Ward 25 we will see what happens with certain other characters? No idea where that game fits in the timeline (I mean, I kinda don't want to know yet until after we get The Silver Case) but getting better context for these characters and events will make FS&R even better.

cj_iwakura

That's what I figured too looking it up online after beating FS&R looking for answers to that ending (which even confuses the Japanese players too). I'm wondering if these remakes will eventually lead to new entries after FS&R so we can see what happened after. I mean, it's fun to think about the events after that game. Maybe if we get The Silver Case: Ward 25 we will see what happens with certain other characters? No idea where that game fits in the timeline (I mean, I kinda don't want to know yet until after we get The Silver Case) but getting better context for these characters and events will make FS&R even better.

From what I recall(may have to double check Paradise Hotel's write up), it's a direct sequel and focuses on another group of detectives investigating a new series of killings.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Yeah it's been super motivating in our office. So glad to see people so excited.

Clov

Yeah it's been super motivating in our office. So glad to see people so excited.

It's honestly the most exciting announcement of the year so far; I'm not sure if anything at E3 could beat this for me. I've been wanting to play The Silver Case ever since I finished Killer7 a decade ago. Killer7 is my favorite game of all time, and I honestly do think it has the best story in all of gaming. To get another game that Suda51 both wrote and directed is fantastic! I know that it's going to be something truly unique and interesting. Thank you for helping to bring The Silver Case over; I'm looking forward to playing this at last!

cj_iwakura

It's honestly the most exciting announcement of the year so far; I'm not sure if anything at E3 could beat this for me. I've been wanting to play The Silver Case ever since I finished Killer7 a decade ago. Killer7 is my favorite game of all time, and I honestly do think it has the best story in all of gaming. To get another game that Suda51 both wrote and directed is fantastic! I know that it's going to be something truly unique and interesting. Thank you for helping to bring this over; I'm looking forward to playing this at last!

I think this tops anything in the decade for me. This is the kind of thing you'd never think would happen.

thebatdan

PAX is done and I'm beat. Thought I'd stop in here just to see what's up tho. Love that y'all have the postcard all sorted out. Had a young lady swing by the booth and was determined to figure it out before she left. Didn't take too long. I was really happy to see that enthusiasm.

Was a good show overall. Suda did a lot of interviews so pretty soon you'll all get a nice peek at what's in store.

thebatdan

Thank you!

Haha man Berserk is just the best! Wish we could get the rest of the story already though. If you make it to PAX Prime come by our booth and ask for Dan. It'd be rad to meet you

cj_iwakura

PAX is done and I'm beat. Thought I'd stop in here just to see what's up tho. Love that y'all have the postcard all sorted out. Had a young lady swing by the booth and was determined to figure it out before she left. Didn't take too long. I was really happy to see that enthusiasm.

Was a good show overall. Suda did a lot of interviews so pretty soon you'll all get a nice peek at what's in store.

I can not wait. I'm kind of sad you didn't just drop the shroud early, but I respect you for sticking to your guns. There better be one heck of a reveal, though. ;)

Are there any pics of the TSC thing at the booth? All I saw was Suda's instragram pic.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I have to be honest, I was too young to ever get interested in Suda's games, nevermind the fact that those games would never arrive to my country. However that thread where a Gaffer described on depth Kill The Past games and how they are connected were mind blowing. For that, I can happily say I'm excited.

I also hope that this means that Suda is coming back to direct and write games. Quite a unique style that games need.

EDIT: I do remember, however, Flower, Sun & Rain for DS back when I wanted a DS. I read over and over again GameInformer's preview for the game. It sounded amazing. I hope I have the chance to finally play it in the future as well.

cj_iwakura

Is it too soon to make avatars? I want to make avatars, have some:

Sumio Kodai:
Zap93UD.png

Sumio Kodai (2):
MZXk7Iw.png

Tetsugoro Kusabi:
5WK2gJv.png

The Chief, Shinji Kotobiki
FVglldb.png

Chizuru Hachisuka:
SDsVoJL.png

Kiyoshi Morikawa:
5Qk24K8.png

Morichika Nakategawa:
rHrLIoW.png

Shelter Children:
M3JVlfz.png

I'll switch to Sumio Kodai avatar when the game is revealed, for sure so thanks for making those. Not that I don't like Eric's (from Zero Escape 3) design or anything, it's just hard to compete with Sumio.

Haha man Berserk is just the best! Wish we could get the rest of the story already though. If you make it to PAX Prime come by our booth and ask for Dan. It'd be rad to meet you

I'd love to, unfortunately I'm stuck in an office in England. And yeah the wait sucks, but what with me being a Shenmue fan, a Berserk fan, an old school Resident Evil fan (which may be back with RE Remake), a Kill The Past fan (and fan of Suda's early work in general); I am used to these long waits now. Just got to make sure I live a long life to see all of them come to completion in my lifetime, hehe.

http://believeintheinternet.com/en/

Eleven polygons now. This could take a while...

Suda mentioned to one of his fans in Japanese on Twitter to wait until the start of May since he is getting so many Tweets off them about it since the fans in Japan are going crazy about it due to its cult status over there. So if it's the start of May, at least it's not a long wait for the big reveal or anything.

I may or may not have had an interview with Suda about this very thing... (I'm in the center)
CgwH-VkWMAAh8Cf.jpg

I did find out that Suda is why Hotline Miami is out in Japan, and I was the first person to show the game to him....

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
That's a really cool photo. Didn't know Suda helped get Hotline Miami over to Japan. But seriously, I lost all hope when the DS port wasn't released. Been waiting so long to play this game.

Top Bottom