• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Daze/Rush sequel teased in tweet

drkOne

Gravity Rush worked out really great on the Vita, I don't know if I want the sequel on handheld or home console though.

I won't be disappointed either way.

Astral

Not giving this game a sequel would've been a disaster story-wise. It intentionally left a lot of things unanswered.

Too little too late... the first game was great (if only I could play it for more than an hour or so at a time). I already traded my Vita in towards a Wii U and don't really regret it since the only other games I had were Katamari, which is the same as every other one and Disgaea 3... a port of a quickly transplanted PS2 game onto PS3.

Erm...

@FURYO1990: @K_Toyama フォローありがとうございます。ダゼの続編期待しています。大賞取ったんだから、是非続編を…

@K_Toyama: @FURYO1990 ありがとうございます!次回作に向けてがんばります!

I hate to damper expectations, but the word 次回作 (jikaisaku) could mean next production, not necessarily a sequel. It's tempting to jump to that conclusion, given the context. I'll try to clarify.

There's no reason to assume it's not a sequel though, given Toyama's other comments in the past

Too little too late... the first game was great (if only I could play it for more than an hour or so at a time). I already traded my Vita in towards a Wii U and don't really regret it since the only other games I had were Katamari, which is the same as every other one and Disgaea 3... a port of a quickly transplanted PS2 game onto PS3.
That's neat.

Mandoric

Banned
Erm...

I hate to damper expectations, but the word 次回作 (jikaisaku) could mean next production, not necessarily a sequel. It's tempting to jump to that conclusion, given the context. I'll try to clarify.

There's another pair where they both use 続編.

Erm...

Seconded.

Also, sounds more like 'will work on' than 'currently working on'.

Kyon

Banned
OMG CRYING!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Crazy how every single Vita thread somehow devolves into sales-age discussion.

Excited for a possible sequel for this. The story certainly sets itself up for a ton of potential direction for a sequel (hell even a prequel), and the game was an absolute blast even if it was a little flawed.

There's another pair where they both use 続編.

Ah, there it is.

@shira_sc: @K_Toyama おめでとうございました!続編期待してます!

@K_Toyama: @shira_sc ありがとうございます!続編がんばります!

To which I would say carry on celebrating. Then I just got a cryptic, perhaps snarky reply from Toyama:

@Cheesemeister3k: @K_Toyama @furyo1990 つまり、グラヴィティデイズの続編に頑張っていらっしゃいますでしょうか。
"So, you're working on a sequel to Gravity Daze?"

@K_Toyama: @Cheesemeister3k 内緒です
"It's a secret."

I guess he means it's not an official announcement yet, given his other responses.

Crazy how every single Vita thread somehow devolves into sales-age discussion.

When the system's yearly sales in Japan have been out done by the 3DS XL, this surely can't be a surprise?

Ah, there it is.

@shira_sc: @K_Toyama おめでとうございました!続編期待してます!

@K_Toyama: @shira_sc ありがとうございます!続編がんばります!

To which I would say carry on celebrating. Then I just got a cryptic, perhaps snarky reply from Toyama:

@Cheesemeister3k: @K_Toyama @furyo1990 つまり、グラヴィティデイズの続編に頑張っていらっしゃいますでしょうか。
"So, you're working on a sequel to Gravity Daze?"

@K_Toyama: @Cheesemeister3k 内緒です
"It's a secret."

I guess he means it's not an official announcement yet, given his other responses.

And there it is. Carry one. Well, maybe not, but not a denial.

OMG CRYING!

I think you're confused on what human emotions are. Tears are when bits of water leak from a person's eyes usually in either sadness or frustration... of which I felt neither.

What I stated was that Vita had it's chance to impress me, and one game in 9 months wasn't enough. What's upcoming for the Vita? Persona 4: Golden... a PS2 port. Sony All-Stars? Available on PS3.

I'll check back in on the Vita scene in 2-3 years when this new Gravity Rush is out and by then maybe it'll have some nice exclusives worth playing.

Kyon

Banned
I think you're confused on what human emotions are. Tears are when bits of water leak from a person's eyes usually in either sadness or frustration... of which I felt neither.

What I stated was that Vita had it's chance to impress me, and one game in 9 months wasn't enough. What's upcoming for the Vita? Persona 4: Golden... a PS2 port. Sony All-Stars? Available on PS3.

I'll check back in on the Vita scene in 2-3 years when this new Gravity Rush is out and by then maybe it'll have some nice exclusives worth playing.

crying psrt wasnt at you lol and i was crying HAPPILY :D

Also who cares if a game is a port? More games are GOOD for a system that has "no games" O__o

Yeah pretty sure there aren't any ports on the Wii U... Oh wait...

Takao

Banned
You guys are nuts if you think this will be a PS4 game. The original took years to make, and by the time they do it all over again on new hardware I suspect most will have forgotten about the first. It'll be on Vita, if a PS3 version exists is what's left to be seen.

Jawmuncher

Excellent.
Hopefully they keep this series actually exclusive on the vita.
Since the PSP was definetly missing that title it could call it's own.
(Franchise wose, had a lot of spinoffs, prequels from sony titles)

Hmm....I wonder if there would be some special incentive for those who have a saved file of the first game (like what the Mass Effect sequels did)

If so, I'm gonna have to replay everything :p

Amory

The clunky combat made that game unplayable for me. Shame, because it was really pretty and the main character was interesting. Great music, too, if I recall correctly.

Here's hoping they get it right next time.

aww yeahhhhhhh. Favorite game of the year so far.

And I have to say, it couldn't have happened to a nicer or more well deserving guy (getting grand prize). Toyama is a serious class act.

B.O.O.M

This made my day. Very Happy :D absolutely LOVE Gravity Rush

And this is a perfect fit for the system as well..I have no doubt in my mind that this is for vita

Yay, I hope they have lots of time to polish it off. First game was lovely in atmosphere , concept, characters and had decent but flawed fighting mechanics. But still found the game really charming, excited to see what they can do with a sequel.

All I want is the mechanics of Gravity Rush but paired with a world in which there is actually stuff to do.

Gravity Rush had a big, detailed, beautiful world, and there was absolutely nothing do in it other than the same couple challenge missions. Then 2/3 of the story missions had you going outside of the city, leaving the world with a bad stench of wasted potential.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Great news! I loved the first one, and it left enough story points open for a sequel to make sense. I'm eager to see what improvements they'll make to the combat and powers. They should also expand Hekkesville and make it larger.

Really hoping Kat shows up in PlayStation All Stars at some point.

kuroshiki

All I want is the mechanics of Gravity Rush but paired with a world in which there is actually stuff to do.

Gravity Rush had a big, detailed, beautiful world, and there was absolutely nothing do in it other than the same couple challenge missions. Then 2/3 of the story missions had you going outside of the city, leaving the world with a bad stench of wasted potential.

Well you have to leave something for the sequel you know.

Top Bottom