• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2: Bigger Worlds, Little Details, Silly Side Quests

jacobeid

Banned
I'm so glad this game exists.

Same. Day one. Realllly hoping it hits 2016 in the US but I'm not sure. Before Horizon got delayed I thought they would move this to February. Hell, they might still do that and send it out to die next to Horizon :/

Fantastic. It sounds like they're addressing the flaws in the original, which was a diamond in the rough (constrained by the Vita).

BTA

Any game that directly cites Kamen Rider as an influence is going to get my attention, and after playing the remaster I was really excited for this as is, so that's excellent.

Kudo

I hope there's lots of Rift World kind levels, those were my favourite stages in the first game.

silva1991

Do we know what the target framerate is?

Open world bigger than the first game
best cel shaded graphics ever(until Ni No Kuni 2 comes out)
destructible environment(sorta I guess)
from what we have seen the world is detailed and not empty

this game is 30fps period.

27740525132_b741aa001b_z_d.jpg

This picture describe Kat perfectly.

I've loved that shot ever since we first got it.

Gravity Rush (and the English localisation) does silly so well.

All of Kat's clothing ruffles in the wind now.

GR2katbreeze.gif

Soooo good.

I'm so glad this game exists.

This. I'm so glad we got this series and that it's getting this largely expanded sequel. Really happy it got recognized so that it didn't just disappear.
I hope somehow this does well enough for them to keep going if Toyama wants to.

As well as the new HUD 'ammo' indicator showing how many projectiles Kat's got remaining, Gravity Throw seems to do a much better job of avoiding immediately colliding with closeby environmental blockages.

GR2gravitythrow.gif

There's just a lot more stuff lying around in GR2 too so projectiles should be a bigger part of combat.

GR2katbreeze.gif

All of this is so dope. Throwing stuff was a cool ability, but it was too unwieldy. And the clothes billowing lends so much to the sense of falling/flying. If you get some cool outfits, they'll look even cooler now

Yass [gravity] queen.

poodpick

Look at those graphics and how much of a boost they've received compared to the remaster. It'll be 30fps for sure.

I'm no expert on graphics rendering, but couldn't most the physics be done using compute? Maybe the reduced framerate is due to the increased number of NPCs.

Hopefully it's a rock solid 30.

I was absolutely in love with the first game. I beat it 4 times and got the platinum on Vita and PS4. This looks to blow it out of the water. I don't know what to do with myself when this comes out.

Now this one game I'm looking forward. GR was the first game is purchased for the PS4(Uncharted doesn't count).
I played through the games main story, but I still like going back to play it.

Skeeter49

While I'm sad it wasn't at the conference, thinking they should have ended the show with Gravity Rush 2 is a little too much. I think the trailer between Horizon and Detroit would have been the perfect spot.

The info on side quests is good to hear. I really liked the challenges, and once you're fully leveled, I wouldn't say any are particularly hard, on PS4 anyway, I've heard they were a pain on Vita because of the controls, but I was disappointed there weren't regular side missions, besides the DLC ones.

I really liked Kat from the original GR. This wasn't one of those cases of "Hey they made a female character as a protagonist because they're under represented". Not at all. I genuinely liked Kat as a character. Even though she was a girl, I could still relate to what she stood for and really looked up to her as a protagonist. I can't say that for a lot of more "mainstream" games with male protagonists. Ultimately that is how things should be. A good protagonist is a good protagonist, whether male or female as long as the developer has a great story and character development in mind for that specific character. For that I can't wait to play Kat's next adventure.

I really liked Kat from the original GR. This wasn't one of those cases of "Hey they made a female character as a protagonist because they're under represented". Not at all. I genuinely liked Kat as a character. Even though she was a girl, I could still relate to what she stood for and really looked up to her as a protagonist. I can't say that for a lot of more "mainstream" games with male protagonists. Ultimately that is how things should be. A good protagonist is a good protagonist, whether male or female as long as the developer has a great story and character development in mind for that specific character. For that I can't wait to play Kat's next adventure.
Yeah, I enjoy Kat's personality. I like playing as her and seeing how she handles situations.

While Tearaway might have been a more competent, rounded game. The imagination that went into this game really made the Vita a worth while purchase for me. Lovely stuff, hope to play the sequel some day.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Everything about this game just sounds right. I played the first on my Vita and thought it was a good game but this one is shaping up to be on a whole different level.

GR2katbreeze.gif
Oh. My. God. I've been in love with hair/clothes physics ever since I played Alice Madness Returns and seeing this gif just made me 10x more hyped than I was before. :p

This is one of the most underrated aspects of GR. Kat is such a charming and likeable protagonist. Such a change from all of the dark/gritty game protagonists we get nowadays.

Shin-Ra

I just made the connection between the gold panels and twiddly lines in the UI, and Kat's costume decoration.

GR2goldui.gif

This part
clearly inspired by The Last of Us!
😱

StereoVsn

This game looks like The Last of Us, like all the other Sony 1st Party games. I have enough of all these Gravity-Games, with mindless action. And it has another boring female white character, flying through the city? Ugh. Next please.
You forgot the /s in this post.

Man, this is one of my most anticipated games for the year which should say something considering this is a crazy year for gaming.

The world looks so good here and I love that they are expanding the game with more exploration, quests, some light RPG elements. Can't wait.

PaulloDEC

I don't think I've heard a single thing about this game that's diminished my enthusiasm. Every time we hear or see something new, it's something awesome.

Easily my most highly anticipated game for the second half of 2016.

I just made the connection between the gold panels and twiddly lines in the UI, and Kat's costume decoration.

GR2goldui.gif

This part
clearly inspired by The Last of Us!
😱

They've sure stepped up their UI game since GR1. I made a post about it elsewhere, but things are looking really slick on that front.

This is one of the most underrated aspects of GR. Kat is such a charming and likeable protagonist. Such a change from all of the dark/gritty game protagonists we get nowadays.

Yup.

I don't think I've heard a single thing about this game that's diminished my enthusiasm. Every time we hear or see something new, it's something awesome.

Easily my most highly anticipated game for the second half of 2016.

They've sure stepped up their UI game since GR1. I made a post about it elsewhere, but things are looking really slick on that front.

Yeah, I'm loving their choices in how to expand this franchise with new/expanded features to a true PS4 title.

Jigorath

Banned
I loved how light-hearted the tone and atmosphere was in the first Gravity Rush. It wasn't a grand epic story or anything, it was mostly about a young girl trying to fit into a new place all the while going on fun little adventures. Like a video game version of Kiki's Delivery Service.

bigjig

What are the chances of the first Gravity Rush being packed in with Gravity Rush 2, like what Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2?

I loved how light-hearted the tone and atmosphere was in the first Gravity Rush. It wasn't a grand epic story or anything, it was mostly about a young girl trying to fit into a new place all the while going on fun little adventures. Like a video game version of Kiki's Delivery Service.

89E460DB-BE4E-4504-ACEB-9624A3E044D2_zpscpl7tc60.gif

What are the chances of the first Gravity Rush being packed in with Gravity Rush 2, like what Nintendo did with Bayonetta 2?

There's no indication they're even going to do anything like that with PS2-on-PS4 games, so they're not going to do that with PS4 games.

Shauni

I understand the frustration of this not being a Sony's conference and all, but people really just need to understand that E3 has become an almost entirely western focused show. The only kind of Japanese titles that are going to be featured prominently are those that have strong presence in the West like FF, RE, etc. I look forward to games like GR2 and P5, but I totally understand why Sony doesn't feature them front and center at E3.

Having said that, GR2 is one of my most anticipated games right now after playing the first game. Super amazing stuff.

Spot on. I've never played anything that captured that light, airy, fluid Miyazaki style magic like Gravity Rush, and this one, visually, looks even more like an anime on top of retaining the style of the first game. So excited.

Shin-Ra

More of that stylin' HUD design.

GR2targetmarkerui.gif

I don't know if the photo mode lets you take full screen pics, if not hopefully there's a no HUD option.

So excited to play this. Kind of bummed that there isn't a lot of hype for this game coming out of E3. Seems to me like it's the forgotten game among the AAA first party titles. I hope I'm wrong cause the game look great

StereoVsn

So excited to play this. Kind of bummed that there isn't a lot of hype for this game coming out of E3. Seems to me like it's the forgotten game among the AAA first party titles. I hope I'm wrong cause the game look great

This is why Sony should have put the damn thing in their conference. Game looks amazing and they could have spent a few extra min with it. Instead we got yet another Zombie game eating up whole bunch of time.

Top Bottom