• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Stiler

Holy crap, for anyone who's downloading at a snail's pace just pause/resume your d/l a few times.

I guess when you do this it switches the d/l servers because I went from having another 6 hrs (on a 100mbps connection) to have 50 min.

does anyone know the difference between the digital standard edition and digital limited edition for Sony PSN Asia store? the item description is exactly the same. usually I assume the limited edition will include the Raven dlc, but I thought the Raven dlc will be free now.

or is the free Raven DLC only for western market?

Kaelan

Love the game so far. It sucks you can't get gems from sidequests tho. A huge improvement over the first game imo

wapplew

does anyone know the difference between the digital standard edition and digital limited edition for Sony PSN Asia store? the item description is exactly the same. usually I assume the limited edition will include the Raven dlc, but I thought the Raven dlc will be free now.

or is the free Raven DLC only for western market?

Limited edition give you Sound track, theme and White Kat costume.

Rainy

Banned
Were you supposed to get the preorder bonuses from Amazon via an email or something?
Asking because I didn't get an email with a code yet.

MikeDown

Banned
About an hour in so far, gonna play a bit tomorrow before I head off to work. Absolutely love it! The tutorials get a little old tho. Also I noticed that
Cecie's doll looks strikingly similar to Durga, got a bad feeling about where things are going

Yeah, that is what I ended up doing, just running around with 20+ guys and a few mechs all blasting away at Kat while she runs around like a loony, lobbing crates all over the place.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. It looked like it was impossible to do it any other way.

Roussow

So I'm going to need a guide on how to get these costumes unlocked, I'd also like to know how many episodes there are.

What do Dusty Tokens do, anyway? I assume they're unlocks, but I'm having trouble actually seeing online events pop up -- perhaps now y'all in the states are getting your hands on the game this online stuff is going to be populated.

I did not play the first game, but this shit is charming as all get out. I love the feeling of movement, and the music and look of the game really makes me think of a Ghibli movie for some reason.

I can't wait to see the real city.

LotusHD

Banned
So I'm going to need a guide on how to get these costumes unlocked, I'd also like to know how many episodes there are.

What do Dusty Tokens do, anyway? I assume they're unlocks, but I'm having trouble actually seeing online events pop up -- perhaps now y'all in the states are getting your hands on the game this online stuff is going to be populated.

Some of them are pre-order bonuses. (White outfit) Some require a save file from the remastered version of the first game. (Spy, Maid, Military) Some are obtained through the story.
Red Dress
And some are unlocked through Dusty Tokens (Mining/Tanktop outfit, Default outfit from the 1st game) And some happen through sidequests, though I don't know the specifics on which ones just yet. I don't know about the rest though, I'm sure someone will eventually get back to you.

As for how many episodes, I swear I saw a review say

Kindekuma

Banned
Just got my Pre-Order bonus code from Amazon!

Redeeming now since it doesn't come in until sometime before 8PM tomorrow ;_;

Caim

Is the catwoman costume in the base game?

Need to have a save from Remastered to get that and two other costumes.

『Inaba Resident』;228730241 said:
Is the White Kat outfit for all preorders or physical copies only?

I'm assuming every copy does. I pre-ordered via PSN and got the costume and the Director's Soundtrack.

Online servers for this game seem to not be up at the moment. I got the message while trying to look at leaderboards.

And some happen through sidequests, though I don't know the specifics on which ones just yet. I don't know about the rest though, I'm sure someone will eventually get back to you.

I've gotten Nurse Outfit from a movie side quest and Delivery Outfit from a flyer side quest, all in Hekseville.

Skrams

Just spent 3 hours collecting Gem's. Yup, it's Gravity Rush all right!

At least I'm not the only one. I just spent 2-3 hours collecting gems. I got about 10k at least. The world is so big and there's still so many gems to spend needless time collecting.

Done for the night but Kat and the supporting characters are as fun as ever. Opening's a bit slow unfortunately but I expect it to open up soon enough. Looking forward to playing more tomorrow.

Kaelan

I got the gravity kick upgrade where it locks on to two enemies or something, but when I use it it still targets one. Anyone got any idea whats going on?

wapplew

Episodes.

Caim

I got the gravity kick upgrade where it locks on to two enemies or something, but when I use it it still targets one. Anyone got any idea whats going on?

The chain 2 (or more) kicks? You just press the button again after your first kick.

Or is it something else?

The chain 2 (or more) kicks? You just press the button again after your first kick.

Or is it something else?

No I think that's it. It confused me too at the start; I was thinking you could have your Gravity Kick hit two targets at once, or something, but it actually just lets you do chained Gravity Kicks without any downtime between them. Without those upgrades Kat has a second or two of recovery between Gravity Kicks.

In the first game you could just spam Gravity Kick over and over in every fight, so I think they actually nerfed that ability specifically to make you less reliant on it. It's a pretty good idea, because using the Stasis Field and the different styles is a lot more fun this time around.

Caim

No I think that's it. It confused me too at the start; I was thinking you could have your Gravity Kick hit two targets at once, or something, but it actually just lets you do chained Gravity Kicks without any downtime between them. Without those upgrades Kat has a second or two of recovery between Gravity Kicks.

In the first game you could just spam Gravity Kick over and over in every fight, so I think they actually nerfed that ability specifically to make you less reliant on it. It's a pretty good idea, because using the Stasis Field and the different styles is a lot more fun this time around.

Yeah there seems to be a lot more to upgrade this time around.

Getting gems is pretty tedious so far, but it looks in Announcements there will be online events that will increase gem gain and give Dusty Tokens.

Couple things so far:

- it seems like they went all in on the GR language. Maybe I'm imagining it but it seems like characters speak a lot more, even if it's just a word here or there
- that intro got me
- the ducks are adorable, especially when one nearly kills itself
- THIS GAME IS MAGICAL

The Saga Continues...

jQssRui.png

Oh, and it's out of stock @ Amazon.ca.

Perfect. ;_;

Number45

I should be preloaded when I get home! \o/

Need to finish TLG first (pretty sure I'm almost at the end) and I'm diving right in later.

This tutorial is one of the most boring introductions to a game I've played in recent memory. I'm really hoping I dig the main game because right now I'm regretting buying this thing. My own fault I guess considering I never got into the Vita one past the first level or so but good god.

Kaelan

This tutorial is one of the most boring introductions to a game I've played in recent memory. I'm really hoping I dig the main game because right now I'm regretting buying this thing. My own fault I guess considering I never got into the Vita one past the first level or so but good god.

Game opens up after that. First 1-2 hours are slow and very boring. Stick with it, you'll start to enjoy it most likely

The stealth missions are really awful this time around. Back in the first game they only had 1 in the beginning, but recently I spent half an hour in an awful stealth main mission.

So the part where you have to bring Brahman around town. The part where he wants you to take him to the ferris wheel, I wasted so much time going around the buildings, going underground, but was caught every single time. Then it turns out you have to bring him to the train station instead. They could've made it clearer.

Please tell me there are no more stealth BS after this...

wapplew

All sewer hole discovered!
BTW, quick travel with sever make no sense cause I don't see any pipe connection between region.

wapplew

The stealth missions are really awful this time around. Back in the first game they only had 1 in the beginning, but recently I spent half an hour in an awful stealth main mission.

So the part where you have to bring Brahman around town. The part where he wants you to take him to the ferris wheel, I wasted so much time going around the buildings, going underground, but was caught every single time. Then it turns out you have to bring him to the train station instead. They could've made it clearer.

Please tell me there are no more stealth BS after this...

I think there is one more stealth mission, but not that BS.

jwk94

Might be because I find the characters and dialogue so endearing, but I haven't found the opening to be boring at all.
Same, I'm loving the new people.

It's really weird walking around the city and not seeing gems everywhere. How am I supposed to earn money?

Top Bottom