• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

mollipen

This is...wow. Uhh. Yeah. Not too sure I'm digging the tutorial-laden introduction, especially when I chose hard mode. And everything looks so bleh. And you have to constantly mine ore and do fetch quests and what the fuck... this is not how you sell your game.

I know it's gonna get better but wow, what an abysmal start.

I was kind of feeling the same way at first, but then I really came to appreciate the intro. It's actually good at setting the tone for what's to come, and makes the point at which Kat is "freed" upon the world feel that much more special and satisfying.

The way the original GR started worked because Kat was just coming into her powers. Just letting her lose on a big, beautiful world right from the stat wouldn't have had as much of an impact, I don't think.

Het_Nkik

Only got to play the first three chapters or so last night, but yeah, put me in the camp that's not enjoying the intro at all. So slow and boring.
Just let me fly around a city already!

I do appreciate the attention to detail regarding Kat's undergarments, though...

4y0Iq1u.jpg

AdOooVQ.jpg

SxP

Game definitely picks up fast when you reach the city. Not to mention the color palette change makes the game look a whole lot better to. I think the beginning set the mood well, but it didn't need to go on for quite so long.

OmegaFax

Only got to play the first three chapters or so last night, but yeah, put me in the camp that's not enjoying the intro at all. So slow and boring.

I do appreciate the attention to detail regarding Kat's undergarments, though...

What undergarm ... ooh I see what you did there.

Mathieran

Banned
Yeah it does look noticeably better on the pro on a 1080p screen. Which is a bit surprising considering it uses a method less effective than checkerboard rendering.

I guess I didn't look at the pro details but it looks really clean. I know the art direction helps a lot too with how nice it looks. I was especially impressed when I reached
The Forbidden Lands

cerulily

I also got screwed by Amazon.ca. EB at Fairview mall in Toronto had plenty of copies on its' shelf though. Pretty disappointed in Amazon.ca yet again.

Yeah the beginning did drag on a bit for me too but once you reach the first city it really opens up massively and makes that moment even better.

Lisa's trousers.

32272886052_14f4065197_o.png

CerhLMv.gif

She honestly reminds me of a Kazuma Kaneko character design (especially those trousers). Gothic as fuck.

Ferr986

Seriously, just WHY? Why every devs has this morbid fetish on putting stealth missions in every friggin game?

oh man.... not this...

calder

Brutal. I always get digital but I got some Amazon gift cards so I ordered this from Amazon instead. Just got an email TODAY from Amazon...

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on January 11, 2017 (Order #):

"Gravity Rush 2 - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition"

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

What the hell? That kinda sucks, I have a long weekend and would have just bought it digitally to play it had I known. :|

I also got screwed by Amazon.ca. EB at Fairview mall in Toronto had plenty of copies on its' shelf though. Pretty disappointed in Amazon.ca yet again.

Fuck Amazon.ca seriously. They got me twice, not anymore. I've cancelled my pre-order and went to buy it instead from the psn.

Yea, happened to a bunch of us and it's not the first time.

Amazon.ca is getting worse and worse. I'm a Prime member too...

I got my PS4 Pro 3 days early and was hoping it would happen with Gravity Rush 2 as well...

They're really that bad? Should I be worried about my Persona 5 and Nier Automata Pre-orders?

Number45

Is there any reason for me to change the difficulty to hard? Trophy for it, and if so when do I need to change it by? I've only played an hour or so, so I can start over if necessary.

Completed the original on Vita and then got the platinum on PS4 so I'm familiar with the way the game works.

Shoeless

Yea, happened to a bunch of us and it's not the first time.

Amazon.ca is getting worse and worse. I'm a Prime member too...

Man, you guys are totally not selling me on Amazon Prime Canada. I ordered Yakuza 0 through Amazon, but I'm in no rush to get it since this just dropped. It's probably the only game I'll buy this year physically, but if your Prime experience is anything to go by, my free shipping experience for Yakuza 0 is going very, very late. Late free shipments on Amazon was one of the reasons I decided to go digital this generation.

LotusHD

Banned
Also, why can't I upgrade my Gravity powers? Like, falling speed and whatnot??

I miss leveling HP and gravometer with ems instead of talismas :/

Oh shit, I just realized we can no longer upgrade it. Interesting, I don't know if I prefer that or not lol

I do have to admit, I miss reputation and using gems to fix various things around the city. Wonder why they didn't bring this back.

Well to be fair, if people are already calling you "Gravity Queen", you're already pretty popular to begin with.

---

Jeez, is there anyone that ordered from Amazon.ca that didn't get fucked over?

Shoeless

I miss leveling HP and gravometer with ems instead of talismas :/

It does make me wonder. Someone should do a comparison of the "recharge rate" between having zero gravity shifting energy in the GR1 before upgrading, GR1 after maxed out upgrade, and what it is in GR2.

I was under the impression that because we couldn't upgrade that stuff, we were probably just sitting at the maxed out levels from GR1, but my assumption may be totally wrong.

calder

Man, you guys are totally not selling me on Amazon Prime Canada. I ordered Yakuza 0 through Amazon, but I'm in no rush to get it since this just dropped. It's probably the only game I'll buy this year physically, but if your Prime experience is anything to go by, my free shipping experience for Yakuza 0 is going very, very late. Late free shipments on Amazon was one of the reasons I decided to go digital this generation.

Coincidentally, Amazon.ca says my Yakuza 0 preorder is ready to ship, so hopefully they don't screw that up too.

chrono01

I'm pretty upset about the Amazon.ca situation too (I pre-ordered there, since I'm a Prime member and wanted to save a bit of money). Not happy about receiving my game later. I'd damn well better receive my pre-order DLC...

Mathieran

Banned
Brutal. I always get digital but I got some Amazon gift cards so I ordered this from Amazon instead. Just got an email TODAY from Amazon...

What the hell? That kinda sucks, I have a long weekend and would have just bought it digitally to play it had I known. :|

Can you cancel and buy PSN cards to purchase it digitally?

I'm pretty upset about the Amazon.ca situation too (I pre-ordered there, since I'm a Prime member and wanted to save a bit of money). Not happy about receiving my game later. I'd damn well better receive my pre-order DLC...

I got my pre-order DLC before my game arrives (which is tomorrow). It takes 1-2 business days after your game ships.

I was hoping I could download the soundtrack and transfer it to my PC before my game arrives, but apparently I'm unable to download it. I guess I can't do it until I pop my disc in.

chrono01

I got my pre-order DLC before my game arrives (which is tomorrow). It takes 1-2 business days after your game ships.

I was hoping I could download the soundtrack and transfer it to my PC before my game arrives, but apparently I'm unable to download it. I guess I can't do it until I pop my disc in.
Wait, you got your pre-order DLC code from Amazon.ca? Man, I might have to send them an email if this is the case...

It always worries me about late shipments from Amazon, since they have a tendency to forget the bonus items when you get it post-launch, despite pre-ordering well-within the time-frame listed for the bonus. :/

Interesting reading about the slow start to the game. A few of the reviews I read, touched upon this issue. They do mention that the game picks up steam rapidly from thereon so nothing too bad.

Wait, you got your pre-order DLC code from Amazon.ca? Man, I might have to send them an email if this is the case...

It always worries me about late shipments from Amazon, since they have a tendency to forget the bonus items when you get it post-launch, despite pre-ordering well-within the time-frame listed for the bonus. :/

Oh, you're Canadian? I'm American so I bought my copy from Amazon US. Amazon.ca should follow the same policy for pre-order DLC.

But yeah, I got an email today from Amazon that contains the code for the DLC and my copy was shipped yesterday. If your copy hasn't been shipped yet, don't worry. However, if your copy has already shipped 2 days ago, then you should definitely get on Amazon.ca's case.

chrono01

Oh, you're Canadian? I'm American so I bought my copy from Amazon US. Amazon.ca should follow the same policy for pre-order DLC.

But yeah, I got an email today from Amazon that contains the code for the DLC and my copy was shipped yesterday. If your copy hasn't been shipped yet, don't worry. However, if your copy has already shipped 2 days ago, then you should definitely get on Amazon.ca's case.
Yeah, Canadian here. Apparently shipments for us have been delayed (for some reason, it sounds to be a stock issue for all of Canada), so I'm just concerned I won't get my pre-order DLC because of it (since my game probably won't ship for a week after launch).

I'll probably send them an email just to make sure they don't forget it.

Ferr986

It does make me wonder. Someone should do a comparison of the "recharge rate" between having zero gravity shifting energy in the GR1 before upgrading, GR1 after maxed out upgrade, and what it is in GR2.

I was under the impression that because we couldn't upgrade that stuff, we were probably just sitting at the maxed out levels from GR1, but my assumption may be totally wrong.

Recovery seems close if not the same as GR1 upgraded yeah. I don't think duration is as long, but not sure.

ramyeon

You have to find them in the world. They should be yellow Kat "ghosts" that are hanging around, if I'm remembering the color right.
Oh fair enough. I haven't seen any of those yet but I'm still pretty early. Assumed there'd be a browsable gallery or something.

Weiss

Banned
Is there any point to Side Missions? I did a longass three part one and all I got was gestures, and another didn't give me anything.

I think the first one at the settlement gave me a talisman, but that's it. I guess I have to grind for those? Not really sure how acquiring them works.

Arondight

I'm glad I picked this up. This game is a massive improvement over the first. The options in this game mesh far better with kicking, sliding, throwing making combat very fun. Just passed the Lunar section and it's great constantly switching. The game looks gorgeous and love the huge variety of colours. Also pretty impressed with the scale of the cities, the various levels. I don't think I've been this dedicated to a game in months.

The only parts I haven't enjoyed are the mining section where there's a particular enemy which feels cheap.

Not to sure why but It took me a while to come to grips with Rocket jump. Like my controller wasn't working properly in the level it was introduced. Good thing it works so well in the city.

Top Bottom