• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Trailer

No Love

Banned
One of my most anticipated games in a long time. Loved the first one so much. They nailed it with the presentation on this one.

Patapwn

It looks great and all, but holy fuck the music is bad. Spectacularly so.

Quot+here+learn+this+knowledge+you+ll+likely+never+use+rather+than+_0fb67f74b6e13e6e950b1da6a41bad97.jpg

Goddamn jawdropping, I can't wait to play this.

Personally I'm surprised this was shown on stage. The fact that it was there and highlighted quite strongly was the best part of a rather mediocre conference. Looking forward to playing the game again with the Remaster.

So glad to see it getting two conferences on stage. Wonder if they'll put it up for a moment at PSX.

I don't get why they're not releasing GR HD in December here, the Asian version does and it has English included :/

February is way too packed already

Ultimadrago

Looks alright, Im still not sure Im sold on the combat. But I didnt play the first one so when the ps4 version of that comes perhaps itll feel better in the hands.

Kick in the teeth to Vita faithful, very disappointed.

The debris toss power in the first game was practically useless because there weren't too many objects that could be used because of the limitations of the Vita. The PS4 doesn't seem to have that problem. But sure, why can't they gimp this game and put it on the Vita as well?

It looks great and all, but holy fuck the music is bad. Spectacularly so.

Not gonna lie, that track that plays in the trailer does seem like a bit of a step down from the OST of the first game. But then again, all the best compositions in Gravity Rush were actually heard outside of the combat segments. The more calm or carefree the situation, then the higher probability that the music was going to be exemplary.

There are a couple of exceptions though, like 'Resistance and Extermination' and 'The Phantom of Hexa Ville' off the top of my head.

It's truly the sequel I dreamed about. Beautiful.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
This footage actually dampened my hype, the ground combat looks exactly like the first's. :(

A little disappointed to see there hasn't been any major overhaul of the combat from the footage so far. If there was one thing wrong about the original, it's that the combat got dull after awhile. Not sure how far these different stances will go to making the combat less repetitive.

Ferr986

I don't get why they're not releasing GR HD in December here, the Asian version does and it has English included :/

February is way too packed already

Agreed. Its incredibly annoying that this still happens with japanese games with no reason at all.

I wouldn't say awful, but it doesn't sound as good as the music from the first game. That violin/synth instrument really needs to be toned down some. Sounds like someone's mashing on a keyboard.

I actually agree that it isn't as good as a lot of the tracks form its predecessor but it's still a pretty damn good piece. And it's one track! I have no doubt the full OST is going to be fantastic.

A little disappointed to see there hasn't been any major overhaul of the combat from the footage so far. If there was one thing wrong about the original, it's that the combat got dull after awhile. Not sure how far these different stances will go to making the combat less repetitive.

This footage actually dampened my hype, the ground combat looks exactly like the first's. :(

Highly unlikely it'll be as repetitive/limited with multiple move sets to switch between now.

I actually agree that it isn't as good as a lot of the tracks form its predecessor but it's still a pretty damn good piece. And it's one track! I have no doubt the full OST is going to be fantastic.

I don't doubt that, but I wasn't talking about the entire OST, just this track in particular.

I thought the visuals looked a bit rough on the stream but seeing those screenshots posted above I guess it was just the poor quality of the stream. Beautiful.

Not sold on the gameplay tho.

Ventara

Looking good! I love the artstyle for this game. It's a shame it won't be on the Vita, but I'll be picking this up day 1. Hype!

Mmmm, the combat was terrible in the first one and this trailer has made me very cautious about getting hyped for the sequel. Combat doesn't look like it's been changed enough imo.

jett

D-Member
It's too bad this wasn't a PS4 title from the start. It doesn't look like a Vita game, but the roots kinda show. Maybe it runs at 60fps.

Gurish

It's too bad this wasn't a PS4 title from the start. It doesn't look like a Vita game, but the roots kinda show. Maybe it runs at 60fps.

Did you download the HQ trailer? I think it's a beautiful game, I can't think how anyone can not be satisfied with those visuals.

Did you download the HQ trailer? I think it's a beautiful game, I can't think how anyone can not be satisfied with those visuals.

It's also obviously not a game with infinite budget, so considering that I'm very happy with how it looks. It has enough style to not need insane amounts of polygons and effects.

RK128

Kick in the teeth to Vita faithful, very disappointed.

I'm still bitter about that too (and its honestly a big reason why I'm not looking forward to the game; considering not getting the game when it comes out) but I'm still hopeful that the jump to PS4 was worth it.

It being on it leads to having more power to mess around with, thus making the worlds more alive and giving Kat a lot more to do with her powers. It also helps the game find success....if Sony bothers to advertise it. Thankfully, it seems SCEE will do so, but I would not be surprised of SCEA treats it as badly as Tearaway Unfolded; not bothering with any advertisement despite it being on PS4 was to get more sales out of the game.

Hope the game is a success and it looks like its doing a lot right from the gameplay trailers so far :). Not getting it out of principle but I hope others have a blast with it :D.

It's also obvioulsy not a game with infinite budget, so considering that I'm very happy with how it looks. It has enough style to not need insane amounts of polygons and effects.

And the final game will probably have a lot of effects looking at the environment damage cause by some of the attacks back in the TGS trailer. There was some nicely breakable stuff there.

It looks gorgeous.

RK128

No, it was a PS4 game FROM the start; the creator of the original had the option to make it a dual-console release on Vita and PS4, but decided after playing around with the PS4 hardware to scrap the Vita version and make it for the ground up on PS4.

It is a PS4 game through and through, so it is being built as such. I don't think it will be 60FPS but it will be a stable 30FPS or have an unlocked frame rate.

wouwie

The game looks superb. One of my most anticipated games for next year.

I hope the ghost travellers will also be in GR2.

The only thing I'm a little cool on, is that it seems the kick combo strings are still canned animations. Yes we still have all the air movement, but I was hoping for improved melee attack options in this one.

Top Bottom