• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Trailer

jediyoshi

Ok I'm beginning to think you're actually being serious.

First of all, she has no cleavage. Sercond of all, the part that's now exposed is not the cleavage even if she had any. Third of all, they've actually covered up more skin this time by giving her baggy short-cut legs instead of a high-cut, ill-fitting leotard.

Edit: No, you know what, there's no way you're serious. Congrats, you baited me. :p

The giveaway was that her feets aren't exposed anymore, so the redesign can only be anti-fanservice.

So Kat's wearing the same costume in Gravity Daze 2.. right?

Not quite!

22643879899_c8dc11a143_o.gif

I tried doing Kats pose on the left (her original design) and wtf who designed that.

sn00zer

No Im really not trolling, I think its just a small step on top of all the other small steps of fanservice they did with the DLC. Kat is a cool character, an acrobatic teenage gymnast who can fly is pretty damn cool in a Miyazaki sort of way. Small attempts to make her sexy, through the towel scene, DLC costumes and DLC scenarios, are just weird and feel inappropriate.

yeah but its just a little "sexier" especially for showing more cleavage. it literally just look like someone said "how can we modify this to make it just a little sexier? I know!, school girl trappings with extra cleavage!"

Where are the school girl trappings? She's not wearing a skirt despite what you initially claimed. So that's out. Also as far as her stockings go, all they did was cover the exposed part of her feet. It's basically the same length as the original. Are you really suggesting that simply the covering of her feet turns this into fanservice? As far as cleavage goes, what cleavage? There's a small slit down the center of her outfit which exposes nothing.

jwk94

No Im really not trolling, I think its just a small step on top of all the other small steps of fanservice they did with the DLC. Kat is a cool character, an acrobatic teenage gymnast who can fly is pretty damn cool in a Miyazaki sort of way. Small attempts to make her sexy, through the towel scene, DLC costumes and DLC scenarios, are just weird and feel inappropriate.
I forgot all about that little run in with sid

Servbot24

Banned

If there are sexy scenes in the DLC (I haven't played them, no idea), then yeah that seems pretty stupid. But as far as just this costume goes, I honestly feel you're just being a bit insecure and projecting onto the costume. It covers more skin than it did before.

sn00zer

If there are sexy scenes in the DLC (I haven't played them, no idea), then yeah that seems pretty stupid. But as far as just this costume goes, I honestly feel you're just being a bit insecure and projecting onto the costume. It covers more skin than it did before.
Not going to go too much into this, but the first design is clearly based on gymnast uniforms and the second tried to create the silhouette of a school girl, with the inclusion of turning the leg bands (that matched the arm bands) into stockings, skirt-like sides, with the addition of unnecessary skin window. Its really small changes that changed it from a practical and pretty awesome design to a more fanservicey one.

Really the design is fine, its just worse for the wrong reasons. And like I said with the GR DLC I imagine the game is going to filled with stupid fan service. Just hoping it wont but the signs are there.

Flandy

Not going to go too much into this, but the first design is clearly based on gymnast uniforms and the second tried to create the silhouette of a school girl, with the inclusion of turning the leg bands (that matched the arm bands) into stockings, skirt-like sides, with the addition of unnecessary skin window. Its really small changes that changed it from a practical and pretty awesome design to a more fanservicey one.

Really the design is fine, its just worse for the wrong reasons. And like I said with the GR DLC I imagine the game is going to filled with stupid fan service. Just hoping it wont but the signs are there.
Bruh the outfit is barely even different. Look how long it took for someone to even point out the differences. If anything she has more skin being covered with her new outfit

I really think you're seeing something that isn't there with this design. Nothing looks school girl like. The shorts cover more now. I see no way the leg bands have become stockings - they got curlier ends and that's it.

Which scenes are you thinking of from the DLC? The maid and cat costumes were pretty fan servicey, even if it was mild - pretty much the same as the towel scene: unnecessary and distracting (in an annoying way) but not egregious. The military costume was fine, I thought. But which scenes are you thinking of?

sn00zer

Really its fine people disagree..... I just think the design is worse and more fan servicey than the first. Its not like Im going to chuck the game out the window because of the minor changes. Still love the first game, just see tht the franchise is unecessarily moving to more fan service for a character that is pretty neat to begin with and fan service does a disservice to.

jediyoshi

I just don't see this universe in which someone looks at the left, then the right, and concludes it has become more fanservice-y

7vkf99E.png

Can't wait for this Gravity Rush remaster.... fuck yea.

I play some in the evening every now and then on Vita. Freaking love this game.

Can't wait for 2 as well.... good times to be a fan of Sony/Japan games :D

Shahed

Really its fine people disagree..... I just think the design is worse and more fan servicey than the first. Its not like Im going to chuck the game out the window because of the minor changes. Still love the first game, just see tht the franchise is unecessarily moving to more fan service for a character that is pretty neat to begin with and fan service does a disservice to.
As someone who agrees with you in that I dislike the general trend of more and more fanservice, I have no idea how you've come to your current conclusion. If anything there's less fanservice than there used to be. The minimal changes to the costume cover her up even more.

Wow, GAF never fails to amaze me. My mind litterally can't compute your dissatisfaction.

GorillaJu

Gravity Daze was one of those games where playing the game was so exceptionally fun that any storyline or objectives put on top of it were a bonus and not necessary to my enjoyment with the primary mechanics. Suffice to say it's one of my favorite games of the last 5 years but it always seemed like it could be something bigger and better of it had a console behind it. GD2 is gonna be amazing T_T

A little off topic but this is the GR thread with more activity, anyone knows when is the remaster going to be available to preorder in the HK store?.

Shin-Ra

The HUD animation's a nice touch.

GravityDaze2ui.gif

Neither of the horizontal gauges depletes in the gameplay demo (dev god mode) but the dark line in the pink gauge moves to the right slightly when Lunar gravity's active and half way when Jupiter gravity's on. I think it might have something to do with charging super moves.

PaulloDEC

The HUD animation's a nice touch.

GravityDaze2ui.gif

Neither of the horizontal gauges depletes in the gameplay demo (dev god mode) but the dark line in the pink gauge moves to the right slightly when Lunar gravity's active and half way when Jupiter gravity's on. I think it might have something to do with charging super moves.

I love that they're getting the chance to add extra details like that this time around. It's still kinda amazing that GR2 is even happening, never mind that it seems to be a full-blown AAA-ish title.

I can't wait to see all the other little touches they'll have added.

Dr. Buni

I was avoiding news about this game, because I don't want to want a PS4 yet (lol), but I saw a picture of Gravity Rush 2 where Kat's skin was really light, so I HAD to check the trailer to see if they lightened her skin. Glad that wasn't the case. We don't have enough dark-skinned characters, it'd be a shame to lose one of the best ones.
If you visit Xenoblade X threads, you will see how annoyed I am at stupid fanservice and sexualization... Yet I will have to agree with others here, I don't see what was changed for worse in Kat's design? If anything shouldn't you be complaining about Raven's design perhaps? She was the fanservice bait in Gravity Rush, after all.

nice screenshots

hope they announce a CE for this, and for pete's sake SCEA dont be lazy and bring that CE here

damn you piss me off sometimes

Koobion

This looks so good. Gravity Rush is easily my favorite Vita game, so I can't wait for this! I hope we get some kind of CE for North America.

A.E Suggs

So hyped for this game. Guess I'll just buy the remaster again for support but I don't really want it again since its so short.

Top Bottom