• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 Trailer

Styles baby!

ujB7Uip.gif

Shin-Ra

The boss fight music is a bit challenging on my tired ears atm but I'm sure it works in contrast to the normal, softer music.

Looks super detailed for a SCEJ open-world game but I hope they can match Bluepoint's GD1 remaster shadow res/filtering eventually and AF samples get a boost.

It's funny, I never realized how fucking slow this game seems when you're watching it and not playing it.

Obviously I've only played the Vita one, I'm just saying, it looks so slow. The different styles could be interesting depending on boss weaknesses and such.

Shin-Ra

I like the powdery particles and contact lense on this Nevi. They've really amped up the detail while keeping it stylistically unique.

GReye.jpg

I like the powdery particles and contact lense on this Nevi. They've really amped up the detail while keeping it stylistically unique.

GReye.jpg
Yeah all the new nevi designs are great evolutions and improvements on their original counterparts. I love the new mosquitoes.

The combat in this is looking really fun. I don't get the hate? The use of physics and style switch make it seem like it will really mix it up.

Cha

I liked what I saw for the most part. It looks beautiful, but i still kinda prefer the simpler and thicker outlined look of the first game (just not its resolution ;)). Good to see that Dusty is still there. Curious about the new powers and why it sounds robotic. Loved the direct control on Vita (it felt natural moving the screen around to aim and swiping to dodge), and hope that feeling is retained when using a controller. Not much change in the combat isn't bad news to me. I enjoyed it.

Shin-Ra

Yeah all the new nevi designs are great evolutions and improvements on their original counterparts. I love the new mosquitoes.

The combat in this is looking really fun. I don't get the hate? The use of physics and style switch make it seem like it will really mix it up.
I feel like, in an attempt to make the footage look more cinematic and easier to follow they made it slower and stop'n'restart-ier looking than even the original when played skilfully.

Now there's more junk lying around there should always be a nearby option for attacking high weak spots without building up distance for a gravity kick.

Gorgeous.

Completely agree.

The Gamekult preview is pretty great : we learn the game is 20 to 40 hours long, the size of the map is 2 and half times larger than the first game, and there are much more missions in the sequel (x3 more). Also Kat can now interact with the inhabitants (not only use her power on them)...

Guymelef

The Gamekult preview is pretty great : we learn the game is 20 to 40 hours long, the size of the map is 2 and half times larger than the first game, and there are much more missions in the sequel (x3 more). Also Kat can now interact with the inhabitants (not only use her power on them)...

Excellent.

eye candy

Great gifs. Man, this game is looking a whole lot more vibrant and colourful than the first.

Thanks for the details, can't wait to devote those 40 hours to mastering the gravity mechanics all over again and obtaining the platinum. I wonder how else you can interact with NPCs now. Conversations where you can make different decisions maybe?

Exciting times.

PaulloDEC

There's actually a bunch more really interesting bits too. Forgive the Google translation:

• No date or launch period - we still teach that it is a solo game with an asynchronous multiplayer mode for the mysterious moment.

• Kat can also now make their politeness with various animations for interacting with non-player characters.

• Another button on the PlayStation controller 4 activates a photo mode where you can take control of the seriousness of Kat, which moves the objects to create its décor and take a "selfie".

• ...and a gesture on the touch pad activates the lunar way (up) or Jupiter fashion (down).

• Once raised with your power, humans could be put in orbit around the heroine to form a human shield.

A mysterious async multiplayer mode, various interactions with NPCs, a photo-mode of some sort, gestures for combat mode switching and using helpless chumps as a human shield. I like.

Great gifs. Man, this game is looking a whole lot more vibrant and colourful than the first.

And to think we've only seen one area! The first game had a different look for each zone, after all... can't wait to see something akin to Pleajune.

ced

Looks awesome.

I know nothing about GR, should I expect gimmicky motion controls in this or all analog?

PaulloDEC

Looks awesome.

I know nothing about GR, should I expect gimmicky motion controls in this or all analog?

Based on the first game, I imagine there'll be some gyro controls for looking around while you're in the air. I doubt they'll make them mandatory, though.

Based on the first game, I imagine there'll be some gyro controls for looking around while you're in the air. I doubt they'll make them mandatory, though.

Correct. The PS4 demo at TGS for the remaster gave you the option to turn off the motion controls. I wouldn't expect the sequel to be any different.

Costume differences aside, that GD2 illustration is so much better drawn. Never liked that awkward pose she struck in the first image.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Wall-to-wall Kat selfies in the OT the first week.

Shin-Ra

The changes to Raven's costume aren't reflected in her in-game model yet.

There appears to be some good promotional activity for GRR in Singapore at the moment, and Asia in general so hopefully it finds a strong audience there.

mejin

I know Sony has a lot of exclusives for 2016, but this one here is one of my most wanted. Amazing work, Toyama!

Servbot24

Banned
Great..... they show more cleavage, turned her leotard into a short skirt and gave her stockings.... god damn I hate stupid fanservice trends

I'm going to assume this is a troll post. :p

Anyways, I think the tweaks to the outfit were the right choices.

Im not..... I really hate fanservice and hated it even more in Gravity Rush...and all the costume changes are just to push more towards "sexy underage schoolgirl"...such horseshit

Well, for starters she's not wearing a skirt. They just made the bottom of the outfit longer, which seems to be the opposite of what you'd do for fanservice.

sn00zer

It's like the same outfit though

yeah but its just a little "sexier" especially for showing more cleavage. it literally just look like someone said "how can we modify this to make it just a little sexier? I know!, school girl trappings with extra cleavage!"

Servbot24

Banned
yeah but its just a little "sexier" especially for showing more cleavage. it literally just look like someone said "how can we modify this to make it just a little sexier? I know!, school girl trappings with extra cleavage!"

Ok I'm beginning to think you're actually being serious.

First of all, she has no cleavage. Sercond of all, the part that's now exposed is not the cleavage even if she had any. Third of all, they've actually covered up more skin this time by giving her baggy short-cut legs instead of a high-cut, ill-fitting leotard.

Edit: No, you know what, there's no way you're serious. Congrats, you baited me. :p

Top Bottom