• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush/Daze (Vita) - Screens (Nov 2011) - wow

Izayoi

Banned
The one game that I was going to get the Vita on launch for.

Going to suck waiting for it. ;_;

Brilliant art direction and an awesome idea. Definitely Vita's diamond in the rough.

It beats paying 100+ quid for a memory stick when the PSP Launched

rumour has that games will also be available for download a fair bit cheaper...if that is the case, then the high memory card price won't look so bad (considering they are likely to reduce in price fairly fast anyway)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Woot, just saw the thread. I'll feel slightly better about the stick prices if that turns out to be true.

I wish more developers took advantage of the hardware and made bright, colorful and unique looking games like this, as opposed to brown/gray shooters.

yencid

even more awesome Gravidty Daze screens. feel the hype!

01.jpg
04.jpg

03.jpg
05.jpg

06.jpg
02.jpg

10.jpg
09.jpg

the first picture is especially amazing looking

There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes, the danger must be growing
'Cause the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!

Takao

Banned
There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There's no knowing where we're rowing
Or which way the river's flowing
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes, the danger must be growing
'Cause the rowers keep on rowing
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!

What does this have to do with Willy Wonka? lol

udivision

I wish more developers took advantage of the hardware and made bright, colorful and unique looking games like this, as opposed to brown/gray shooters.

This game does offer more than brown/gray, but it has too much brown and gray to be deemed particularly colorful from what we've seen.

Apath

Game looks beautiful but the game play doesn't look very appealing to me at all. Hopefully there will be a demo or something.

udivision

It is, however, bright and unique - and to its credit, it does use color more than many modern games.

I kind of live in Nintendo land so I have a skewed opinion on this.

EDIT: Okay, from watching the 2 minute gameplay trailer I'm getting a weird DBGT vibe from the game.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first video game crush I've had since Aeris in seventh grade.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Game looks beautiful but the game play doesn't look very appealing to me at all. Hopefully there will be a demo or something.

From what I see so far it's in the same category of games like Otogi and Breakdown. May not be the best playing game but it's not like every other game out there. I bought the original Xbox to play games like that and it's good that the Vita will get those types of games.

Apath

From what I see so far it's in the same category of games like Otogi and Breakdown. May not be the best playing game but it's not like every other game out there. I bought the original Xbox to play games like that and it's good that the Vita will get those types of games.

I loved Otogi, and I got no Otogi vibes from the gameplay videos I've seen thus far. If you don't mind, would you care to post an example video that shows some 'Otogi-like' gameplay aspects?

I agree though -- it's nice to see unique games with less-common gameplay practices. I'm just not going to blindly get hyped and buy it just because of that though XD

Top Bottom