• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered (Asian/R3, completely in English) now available

So, what's the word on the Asian version having full English text? People said the same thing about Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, but when I bought that it ended up only having English subtitles and not English menu text.

I don't want to end up getting burned twice on this sort of thing. D':

Like『Inaba Resident』 said, it's full English for everything but I don't know if it's me but I think the O and X buttons are switched around in menus

kadotsu

Banned
To those who own this, can you upload a clip of restarting a timed event? I want to know the load times. Some gold medals were actually nasty to get on VITA because of loading.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Bluepoint, you beautiful bastards.

Seeing that beautiful art liberated from the Vita's limitations is an act of justice.

ChuckNyce

So, what's the word on the Asian version having full English text? People said the same thing about Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition, but when I bought that it ended up only having English subtitles and not English menu text.

『Inaba Resident』;188710550 said:
Bought it off the HK store and every single thing is in English. Menus, text, subtitles, etc.

I can confirm, bought it this morning and played for a couple hours, all the text is in English. Just make sure you create a Hong Kong PSN account and buy it off of the HK store (which was also in English). I believe there's a Japanese version out and that version would not be in English.

I bought a 300HKD PSN card for Play-Asia here. Came out to $42 USD and the code arrived within 5 minutes of purchase.

I also streamed it for a bit earlier today, feel free to check out the archived video if you'd like - http://www.twitch.tv/chucknyce/v/29212319

Carl

Playing it now. One of my favourite Vita games, i'm so happy to see it looking so good on the big screen :)

Shenmue

Banned
Damn it! I really want the figma. Going to have to see if any relatives in Taiwan can pick this up for me.

No where to order still right?

Tsunamo

The wait till Feburary was already hard, but this just makes it even more harder. Ah well, guess i'll be able to holdout.

Also glad to see it looks fantastic on the big screen, always thought the game would look amazing in HD. (helps that bluepoint did some touchups too)

Shenmue

Banned
I know quite a few people ordered from buygames2, a HK game retailer. Anyone get shipping confirmations yet? If so, I really regret not getting it from there while I could.

Caved and picked it up.

This was an Assassin's Creed 1 situation for me, a so-so game wrapped around fun as hell mechanics. It game didn't fully connect with me on Vita, but 1080p/60, no long load times, and less gimmick nonsense is what it needed to push me over the edge into really enjoying it.

Gecoma

Just bought & played it for a hour or so, so far as good as I remember. Looks great on the PS4.

My first time using an alternate region account to buy an unreleased in my region game. Surprisingly easy to create one. Though I did forget you have to use point cards to pay for stuff, playasia had some that were easy to buy fortunately.

Gonna take me a while to get used to 'x' to back out of stuff & 'o' to advance.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/gravitydaze/project/2015/11/tokuten.html

The theme requires PS+ to download it and since the HK store doesn't offer you a free 15days PS+ trial there's a workaround, so if you try to access a save in the cloud using the PS4 system menu, since the could storage is a PS+ feature they'll give you 2 free days of PS+

*maybe this should be put in the OP for everyone that want to buy it from the HK store.

Wow thanks for the tip, nice looking theme. Hard to replace that Transistor one though...

Did they use the touch pad for anything ? For dodge of slide for example ?

It also does that thing from the vita version where if you touched Kat's character model on the touchscreen she acts surprised & grabs her butt like someone groped her.

...yeah >_<

Play-Asia still haven't dispatched my copy yet... assholes.

Edit - Okay, I literally got the "Item Shipped" email eight minutes after this post. All is forgiven.

dEvAnGeL

those of you who have the game please post impressions! i mean on the remaster part of the title, how does it look? what about frame rate? things like that, please :p

Black Hat

Story-focus environments probably got extra special attention (as they should) but it's great to see some of the work put in.

GravityRushRcompSTART.gif

God damn Bluepoint have their remaster game on lock.

Best in the biz.

jesta

Neo Member
:( please stop with the teasing ha - I'm seriously tempted to grab off the HK store but trying to hold out as i already have too many games to play :(

dEvAnGeL

could not resist and got it! lol, ended up getting a psn card from playasia and got the game and the theme thanks to the workaround you guys mentioned here! thanks!

dEvAnGeL

This game looks incredible on ps4, i mean it obviously doesn't look "NEXT GEN" but the art style of the game lends itself great for this remaster

Gravidee

For those that had their orders cancelled at buygame2, did you place the orders before or during the time in which the CE was backordered?

would i be able to buy this off the HK store via paypal?

Don't know if there's a way — I tried that, but it wouldn't go through even with a HK PSN account and an HK PayPal account. If the card you're using isn't an HK one, I don't think it'll work.

I had to buy HK PSN credit to buy it. There should be some store links in the thread

UrbanRats

Don't know if there's a way — I tried that, but it wouldn't go through even with a HK PSN account and an HK PayPal account. If the card you're using isn't an HK one, I don't think it'll work.

I had to buy HK PSN credit to buy it. There should be some store links in the thread
Then you'll have the game linked to an HK account though, right?
I did buy Resident Evil 2 on a US account (my main being EU) and never had any problems, but I'm still weary.

For those that had their orders cancelled at buygame2, did you place the orders before or during the time in which the CE was backordered?

Same day it got posted on GAF. No indication of it being on backorder at that time. They did end up sending out an email about not being able to confirm stock numbers a couple days afterwards though.

Oh man! I'm going to Japan on the 27th, I'll have to try and track that down! I really wanted the figma, but I didn't want to double dip.

So everything's in English? That's crazy, and great!

Gravidee

Darn, guess my CE was cancelled too. I still really want that figma. It's unlikely, but I wonder if SCEA would ever release the collector's edition here.

Sounds to me like you bought the Japanese version of DMC4, whereas the regular Asian version had full English.

Oh man! I'm going to Japan on the 27th, I'll have to try and track that down! I really wanted the figma, but I didn't want to double dip.

So everything's in English? That's crazy, and great!

The Asia version that's being sold elsewhere has English subs, the Japanese version does not.

jkh13

Neo Member
Same day it got posted on GAF. No indication of it being on backorder at that time. They did end up sending out an email about not being able to confirm stock numbers a couple days afterwards though.

I posted about it on GAF only a few hours after I placed my order, didn't get the stock numbers email though. I guess they had really limited stock.

Then you'll have the game linked to an HK account though, right?
I did buy Resident Evil 2 on a US account (my main being EU) and never had any problems, but I'm still weary.

I've since started playing this on my main, non-HK account, just in case anyone was wondering whether foreign digital purchases are tied to a specific account.

Top Bottom