• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush Remastered |OT| Kat's out of the Vita

Kindekuma

Banned
I got the Chinese/English subbed PS4 figma CE back at launch, but I still
don't have a PS4 to play the game with yet
. Have fun with GR everyone who's never played it before, I love this game.

Catdaddy

Played it for the first time last night and really enjoyed my short time with the game, I picked up the controls (at least the early ones) fairly quickly. Looks like this will be a Gravity Rush weekend.

The alternate costumes are cool but it's bugging me to use them when all of the conversations are pre-rendered.

I'm up to I think Episode 12 and I'm really loving this game, vastly prefer it to Infamous (as far as open-world original superhero IPs go. Everything is so unique, even if the story itself isn't anything special)

Mikey Jr.

This game is even better on the PS4. Loving it all over again. Almost feels like a whole new experience to me (granted I haven't played the vita version since launch). And Kat is such a refreshing protagonist.

This was Bluepoint, wasn't it? Those guys are wizards.

Buy this game, people. I need that sequel.

I bought it! I'm doing as much as I can!

Nameless

I'm up to I think Episode 12 and I'm really loving this game, vastly prefer it to Infamous (as far as open-world original superhero IPs go. Everything is so unique, even if the story itself isn't anything special)

I played through Infamous and dabbled with Batman within the past month or so and while the traversal mechanics were a definitely strength of both games Gravity Rush is on another level entirely. The game gives me butterflies and makes me giggle like a child when I pull off some narly, totally improvised ariel sequence.

When you start to put everything thing together and feel like you have absolute control over Kat and her abilities it feels friggin sublime.

Raylan

Banned
This game is even better on the PS4. Loving it all over again. Almost feels like a whole new experience to me (granted I haven't played the vita version since launch). And Kat is such a refreshing protagonist.

So much this!
I have so much fun right now with this game. So go go go guys. Buy it!

ckohler

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that Kat tends to float upwards and over her destination rather than directly towards where you put the blue reticle? I keep overshooting my destination even though I'm fairly certain I had the reticle exactly where I wanted her to go when I pushed R1.

DKHF

I'm up to episode 12 and still enjoying it. The story and characters are my favourite part. Some of the gameplay is a little repetitive and I'm not a huge fan of having to get information from random NPC's but that's good for getting more of the lore/back story and isn't required that often (though I talk to them all still). I can see some of the director Keiichiro Toyama's horror background coming through in some of the boss/enemy designs (mainly a certain boss) and in some of the comic book cutscenes.

Also the character Alias
reminds me of Shadar from Ni no Kuni. I've beaten him already where I'm up to but I expect he will come back later.
The alternate costumes are cool but it's bugging me to use them when all of the conversations are pre-rendered.

I thought of Infamous when I was playing it (probably due to it being a superhero Sony IP) and also vastly prefer Gravity Rush in every aspect.

Picked up my copy today but since im going on a trip soon i probably won't play this till march ;-; Can't wait to replay this on the PS4 and im pretty excited to finally play the DLC i never played on the Vita.

Ogawa-san

Is it just me or is anyone else finding that Kat tends to float upwards and over her destination rather than directly towards where you put the blue reticle? I keep overshooting my destination even though I'm fairly certain I had the reticle exactly where I wanted her to go when I pushed R1.
It's probably the gyro aiming, you might be tilting the controller while "falling" without noticing.

Z3M0G

Has anyone tried remote-playing this on an actual Vita with original controls to see how it translates over? I don't think the swiping will work out well if the touch is mapped just to the center of the screen like it normally is for Remote Play games... they'd need to map it to the entire screen, which I don't think I've ever seen a game do.

VRMN

Has anyone tried remote-playing this on an actual Vita with original controls to see how it translates over? I don't think the swiping will work out well if the touch is mapped just to the center of the screen like it normally is for Remote Play games... they'd need to map it to the entire screen, which I don't think I've ever seen a game do.
Playing Gravity Rush Remastered on a Vita via Remote Play sounds like one of the most meta gameplay experiences of all time.

Vitacat

Beautiful port. Hope everyone is enjoying it. It was exciting having such a good exclusive in the early Vita days. My nickname says it all.

antitrop

I didn't know this had came out. I checked the videos and wow Bluepoint delivers again.

They did so much work, you'd almost never know it was a Vita game. Some of the NPC character models clash with the rest of the graphics getting such a substantial lift, but that's it.

Funny, I tried out Dragon Ball Xenoverse last night after playing Gravity Rush all day. Now that game looks like an upressed Vita game running at 30fps with serious frame pacing issues. It was a mess, lol. Bluepoint the gods.

MMaRsu

Banned
The PS4 needed a game like this. Nice graphics, cute protagonist, whimsical music and world, and fun yet simple and visually stunning mechanics. This game is basically Sony's answer to Nintendo's 1st party games, it just gives me that vibe.

TEARAWAY BRO

I really think Ill like this game but have no idea what the gameplay is all about.

Well beaten it, game was...pretty good. Understanding it's handheld origins I can see why it's a bit limited in scope and half-baked in some areas, especially when it comes to exploring the world between missions and challenges, and the combat is incredibely shallow despite the neat mechanics, gravity kicking everything and focusing on upgrading that ability just wrecked everything, fighting enemies on the ground feels pretty shit. The concept is engaging enough for the short amount of time it takes to beat the game.

So yeah, good game, wouldn't agree with the metascore of 80 and the user score of 9.1 on Metacritic. But a solid 70 from me, was worth the budget price of twenty quid!

I had no idea you could dodge in the air until I started playing PS4. Could you do that on Vita? I replayed this game like twice and I never knew you could do that.

TEARAWAY BRO

I really think Ill like this game but have no idea what the gameplay is all about.

The gameplay is about being fun, unlike Tearaway. Most of what you're doing in Gravity Rush is flying, and there's also a bit of skating. So the core of the game is traversal. Even when you're attacking, positioning yourself via flying around and then soaring into enemies is the ideal attack method.

Generally, the game is open world and has the basic structure of go to X point for the next main mission, Y points for challenges, and Z for a side mission. You open up new parts of the world as the story progresses.

Coda

While I know I'm supposed to be flying around, has anyone else found that running around on the ground is SUPER jerky? Like even running in a straight line Kat starts and stops when she gets near any npcs or variations in the map that arent 100% flat.

Yeah I noticed that too, like if you try to change directions when running forward she does this weird stop jerky motion; I thought at first my controller was spazing out. But yeah sliding is usually a faster way to get around on the ground. They should still fix and patch out that running problem though.

I had no idea you could dodge in the air until I started playing PS4. Could you do that on Vita? I replayed this game like twice and I never knew you could do that.

The gameplay is about being fun, unlike Tearaway. Most of what you're doing in Gravity Rush is flying, and there's also a bit of skating. So the core of the game is traversal. Even when you're attacking, positioning yourself via flying around and then soaring into enemies is the ideal attack method.

Generally, the game is open world and has the basic structure of go to X point for the next main mission, Y points for challenges, and Z for a side mission. You open up new parts of the world as the story progresses.
Not really sure I agree with you there, as Tearaway's gameplay is also focused on creating a fun, unique experience with the various ways you can interact with the world as well as controlling iota. Gravity Rush is definitely a fun experience as you say, but so is Tearaway, and they are both charming, inventive, and creative experiences. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to appeal much to the current PS4 user base, and the lack of marketing and support from Sony doesn't help much.

My copy dispatched today, and knowing ShopTo that could mean I have it by tomorrow. Here's hoping. It's not often the 3-day-later EU release bugs me too much, but I am so ready to jump (and float) back into this game.

ckohler

It's probably the gyro aiming, you might be tilting the controller while "falling" without noticing.

I considered that. You might be right. If so, I may turn down the sensitivity. I wish you could disable it entirely, though.

Playing this game has me hyped for the anime. It oozes studio Ghibli-like charm. I hope they do a good job with it.
They're making an anime? First I've heard.

A.E Suggs

I considered that. You might be right. If so, I may turn down the sensitivity. I wish you could disable it entirely, though.

They're making an anime? First I've heard.

The anime wasn't announced to long ago and the article that had it was easy enough to miss it. They announced it during that gravity rush 24 hour stream I think.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I actually totally forgot Bluepoint did the remaster. I should have known. The quality is just fucking superb. Bluepoint is hands down the best when it comes to porting games to other platforms.

I totally missed the news on the anime. That's great! Kat is such an insanely likable protagonist, I can't wait to see what the show does with her and the world.

antitrop

Thank god.

To be honest the game was great, but that one stealth section was literally killing it. Glad to know it's the only one, will continue playing tonight.

That stealth section was really bad, thankfully it was over very quickly and I'm happy to hear they don't repeat it.

I'm on Mission 10 now and everything has been gravy since.

antitrop

Eh, it wasn't difficult. You just had to walk around the side of the landmass. Easy peasy.

It certainly was not difficult, it just wasn't fun. It's okay that they did it for one short mission, but if there were more of those sections, that's when I would have a real problem with it.

I just bought a digital code with some Amazon credit I had left and the code doesn't work. They won't offer me a refund and want to resolve it by e-mail. So annoying.

Edit: Oh great, they want me to call Sony. Ugggggggh.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This thread being only 10 pages long makes me sad.

More people need to play this game! PS4 owners, buy this shit, god dammit!

I bought the Vita version day one, loved it. Bought the PS4 version day one. Loving it some more! I just hate to see a beautiful game like this fail to drum up interest, especially on a forum like NeoGAF, which is an enthusiast forum! Gravity Rush is charming, visually beautiful (it reminds me of a Ghibli film), and a gorgeous score. The gameplay is also unique and fun, despite the standard first entry in a new IP hiccups many unique games tend to have.

I want this game to do well on the PS4. I want more people excited for the sequel as well. So many truly mediocre and uninspired games sell millions, but a whimsical, lovely game like this and Tearaway sell like butt. It's kind of depressing.

I can't wait to get home and sink some more time into this remaster. Bluepoint has done it again, but was there ever any doubt they would?

I just bought a digital code with some Amazon credit I had left and the code doesn't work. They won't offer me a refund and want to resolve it by e-mail. So annoying.

Edit: Oh great, they want me to call Sony. Ugggggggh.

Hey man, it seems like we are having the exact same problem (see my last post in this thread). I bought the digital game code from Amazon yesterday and when I tried redeeming it on the Playstation website it game me the invalid code error. Amazon told me to contact Sony, and Sony is escalating the issue, whatever the eff that means. Told me they would get back to me within three business days, so far have not heard anything back.

Edit: Amazon reviews confirming this is indeed an issue: http://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Rush-...By=helpful&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1

Hey man, it seems like we are having the exact same problem (see my last post in this thread). I bought the digital game code from Amazon yesterday and when I tried redeeming it on the Playstation website it game me the invalid code error. Amazon told me to contact Sony, and Sony is escalating the issue, whatever the eff that means. Told me they would get back to me within three business days, so far have not heard anything back.

Edit: Amazon reviews confirming this is indeed an issue: http://www.amazon.com/Gravity-Rush-...By=helpful&filterByStar=critical&pageNumber=1
Yeah, I saw that. On the phone with Sony now but it doesn't seem promising. The Amazon rep told me if I call and they do not resolve it to call back with the Sony case number and they will work from there, but I doubt they will do much. I'd take a refund at this point.

Edit: They're saying it's a known issue and that I just have to wait for it to be resolved and try to redeem tomorrow. Back to Amazon!
Edit edit: Amazon refunded me.

It certainly was not difficult, it just wasn't fun. It's okay that they did it for one short mission, but if there were more of those sections, that's when I would have a real problem with it.

I can understand what you mean. This game certainly wasn't designed with stealth in mind.

Nesther

Wonderful remaster. Just as fun as it was playing through the Vita version. And to think I was toying with the idea of skipping it!

Vitacat

This thread being only 10 pages long makes me sad.

More people need to play this game! PS4 owners, buy this shit, god dammit!

I bought the Vita version day one, loved it. Bought the PS4 version day one. Loving it some more! I just hate to see a beautiful game like this fail to drum up interest, especially on a forum like NeoGAF, which is an enthusiast forum! Gravity Rush is charming, visually beautiful (it reminds me of a Ghibli film), and a gorgeous score. The gameplay is also unique and fun, despite the standard first entry in a new IP hiccups many unique games tend to have.

I want this game to do well on the PS4. I want more people excited for the sequel as well. So many truly mediocre and uninspired games sell millions, but a whimsical, lovely game like this and Tearaway sell like butt. It's kind of depressing.

I can't wait to get home and sink some more time into this remaster. Bluepoint has done it again, but was there ever any doubt they would?

Yeah, it's a brilliant remaster. Bluepoint is great at what they do.

People always saying they want new ideas, something different -- well here you are. A beautiful art style, unique gameplay, and only $30 MSRP. Buy it people. Send the message that there's more to gaming than guns and zombies (not that I'm against any of those things, but variety is good).

This game is so good. I am enjoying it more on the PS4. Now that it's out on a console with good numbers I hope a lot of people give it a chance.

ClearData

Would a hashtag help matters? Maybe if GAF got the game trending people might take notice and a few more sales for this gem might be achieved.

Edit: Just tweeted a thank you to Bluepoint and studio Japan using the #GravityRushRemastered tag.

Yeah, just got my copy and I'm loving replaying it, Bluepoint did an amazing job.

Yeah, it's a brilliant remaster. Bluepoint is great at what they do.

People always saying they want new ideas, something different -- well here you are. A beautiful art style, unique gameplay, and only $30 MSRP. Buy it people. Send the message that there's more to gaming than guns and zombies (not that I'm against any of those things, but variety is good).

Yup

Im in love, moving around feels incredible, and why don't more people talk about this sound track!? Its god tier! The game looks and sounds like a ghibli movie!

Right on!

The game keeps crashing during one of the missions in the Maid DLC. When you're tailing Melda around the city, she eventually hails a cab and flies off, with you in stealthy pursuit. Once the cab stops and lands, you are able to approach it, a small scene plays and the game crashes. Have repeated it three times in a row now without fail.
Is this a known issue with the Maid DLC?

Top Bottom