• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great. Trippy. Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fart

Savant
watching fear and loathing in las vegas ON DRUGS is like cutting off your arm to ask a hot amputee chick out.

darscot

Cube - Brilliant
Run Lola Run - Visual and Audio bliss
Jacobs Ladder - Classic
The War Zone - Most sorrowing movie ever!
Requim for a Dream - Great drug movie.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
B00000IREA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00005Q71P.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The latter not really a movie, but quite mesmerizing

Although it's a popular movie, I'll say The Nightmare Before Christmas. My friends and I watched this on shrooms and we all had a bad trip. It scared the hell out of me. When those kids are talking about kidnapping Santa, I nearly lost it.

The Fifth Element by Luc Besson (director of Leon/The Professional) has a weird, colorfully imagined sci-fi world unlike any other, and Milla Jovavich with orange hair.

More props for Koyaanisqatsi and Powaqatsi.

fart

Savant
Warm Machine said:
you've been waiting a long time to use that one.
if an amputee fetish is wrong i don't want to be right.

anyways, tromeo and juliet or any of john waters' movies

i have a friend who was credited in cecil b demented! true story.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I have a whole video of magic eye images.

It may not be trippy, but after a couple of hours of a constant state of unfocused vision, you don;t half have a headache.

Guzim said:
Natural Born Killers is more of a butchered treatment of Tarantino's script :p
Bah, people just say that because Q spent so much time complaining about how he didn't want the film made. I think you can appreciate the difference between the type of filmmaker Oliver Stone is and the type Quentin represents and come out enjoying the film. Oliver's not in the business of making hip gangster films and decided to self-parodize the picture in a sense.

Alucard

Banned
waking_life_dvd.gif

A trippy movie and a GREAT movie. Please, see it. I felt almost completely light-headed after the first time I viewed it. There are just so many ideas and theories to take in.

Some great suggestions here.

IN the last couple of weeks, the weirdest movies I have seen have been "Cube" and "Meet the Feebles."

Neither is overly trippy, but both are full of "what the heck am I watching!?" moments.

Blinky

trippingmartian said:
B0000542DH.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The most visually exciting film of the 1990's. From the synchronized rear-projections, to the color themes, multiple film stocks, and eclectic soundtrack/score, Natural Born Killers is truly a mindfuck to behold. It's a great satirical look at the voyeuristic society we've become and is a great tongue-in-cheek tribute to Hollywood and mass media. It's also a revised treatment of an early Tarantino script.

Are you insane? That movie was horrible. That movie was just a failed atempt at trying to seem clever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom