• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grrrr! Someone stole my XBL gamertag

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The Faceless Master said:
pretty sure that was only available for that xmas season.

Yes because apparently I'm making this up. Are you dolts for real?

MAGICAL FAIRY LAND AHOY!

photofom0.jpg

GUMDROP HOUSE ON LOLLYPOP LANE!

fernoca

Sinatar said:
Yes because apparently I'm making this up. Are you dolts for real?

MAGICAL FAIRY LAND AHOY!

http://www.abload.de/img/photofom0.jpg

GUMDROP HOUSE ON LOLLYPOP LANE!
I don't think that they're implying you're actually lying; but it is true that you can't gift points since back then. At least to other separate accounts.

You CAN gift points if you have a Live Gold Family Pack, to the accounts linked to that one; which was probably what that person did.

That aside, there's no option per se.

eastmen

Banned
fernoca said:
I don't think that they're implying you're actually lying; but it is true that you can't gift points since back then. At least to other separate accounts.

You CAN gift points if you have a Live Gold Family Pack, to the accounts linked to that one; which was probably what that person did.

That aside, there's no option per se.

People bought points on my account. I still was able to log in and change my password , the points never showed up on my account . The person had transfered them to another account.

The only thing I can think of is that they took over my account and added their account to my family account and then removed their account from the family account after they got their points .

fernoca

eastmen said:
People bought points on my account. I still was able to log in and change my password , the points never showed up on my account . The person had transfered them to another account.

The only thing I can think of is that they took over my account and added their account to my family account and then removed their account from the family account after they got their points .
Makes me wonder if (or how) they actually look out for "family accounts"; since the process is relatively easy (Load the "family account", buy points, add the other account to the family; gift points, remove the account(s).); but is not like everyone knows an account is part of the Family Pack (unlike something like PS Plus, there's no icon/logo showing it).

Top Bottom