• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport E3 2016 Trailer

Mascot

l46CuAXOAFc7waUV2.gif

Those solar flares are majestic.

xrnzaaas

Yep it looks significantly better since the first preview. Now only if they'd find more time to add a sp career mode (or at least soon after the premiere in GTS 2.0 patch).

Audioboxer

Never doubted PD with graphics, I just miss the days of buying cheap crappy cars and battling my way up to money and better cars. "RPG-lite" side of GT.

what is the name of the steering wheel everyone's using in the latest trailer?

is it cheap

It's the Thrustmaster T300RS and it's $300. I guess they're using it for now until the official wheel is done

thrustmaster-gran-tursjkej.jpg

That wheel doesn't have a date, name, or price. But it's more than likely going to be at least double that of the T300RS.

Caayn

Wow.

Who decided to green light the may shit show when they could've waited a tiny bit and showed this.

Pachimari

I don't know which wheel to buy for this. Logitech G29 is supposed to be good isn't it? But I hear the gear shifter is plastic and doesn't feel good.

bud

It's the Thrustmaster T300RS and it's $300. I guess they're using it for now until the official wheel is done

That wheel doesn't have a date, name, or price. But it's more than likely going to be at least double that of the T300RS.

thanks.

do prices for these wheels always stay the same?

i'd consider one if it was about a 100-150 bucks cheaper.

thanks.

do prices for these wheels always stay the same?

i'd consider one if it was about a 100-150 bucks cheaper.

The official prices rarely drop, but what you will see happen is stores putting them on sale every now and then. The T500RS (a better version of the T300RS) is a $600 wheel, but a few years ago Microcenter put them on sale for $150. Now that's obviously an extremely rare occurrence, but it does happen. Amazon has had it on sale in the past for $350. The T300RS could see a similar sale once the new official GT wheel is released.

dr guildo

that just looks bizarre. the lighting makes it look so hot (literally).

sensational.

if they continue making advancements with the sounds, then this might be the first gran turismo ever that could make me enjoy just watching it rather than playing it.

Indeed, just astonishing, great work from PD !

bud

The official prices rarely drop, but what you will see happen is stores putting them on sale every now and then. The T500RS (a better version of the T300RS) is a $600 wheel, but a few years ago Microcenter put them on sale for $150. Now that's obviously an extremely rare occurrence, but it does happen. Amazon has had it on sale in the past for $350. The T300RS could see a similar sale once the new official GT wheel is released.

i hope so.

would love to play with a wheel.

amar212

At least double sounds VERY optimistic for the dierct-drive wheel. I would love it to be only at least double, it would change the complete DD market in a glance.

GrayFoxBH

The graphics still look poor for PS4 standards, imo. Even GT5/6 looks amazing on gifs. Anyway, I'll buy this game eyes closed.

terrible

Banned
How have they been able to up the visuals so much from the build we saw last month? I thought PD worked at a glacial pace.

Man I still just want to put a super turbo engine in a AWD Nissan and demolish the AI with my speed!

Everything sounds and looks perfect now! (Sorry car guys, I don't get th sound complaints, not hardcore enough) I just want a mode with damage and to collect classic cars like civics, accords, Imprezas, beetles etc...and admire my garage. I dunno if I can play Poke'cars now sadly...that's a big draw for me. I don't think there needs to be a GT7, PD just needs to release new car bundles, tracks, and events frequently, and I think that's how you satisfy the hardcore and casual GT fans. So far, I've sadly heard nothing about the update roadmap :-(

But please, I'll make a thread if you guys want, I can't do gifs and stuff. Maybe a Mod can just changed the title of this thread?

"GT Sport E3 Footage Graphical Improvements"

amar212

So, no new news of that Thrustmaster wheel from E3? I'm curious if it really is direct drive.

Yes, Kazunori confirmed it to Jordan during the Q&A

Kazunori Yamauchi talked to GTPlanet about the wheel giving some interesting insights. Firstly, Yamauchi makes note that this wheel will be ‘Direct Drive’ – meaning that the motor shaft is directly linked to the wheel itself without the use of belts and gears. A main positive in Kazunori’s eyes for this is that “It generates high torque from the motor, and the torque is stable.”. The stability of the torque is something Polyphony found important, pointing out that there are no wheels currently on the market that have a linear torque pattern, which is something the new GT Sport wheel will look to include.

“I always felt with other wheels that something was wrong – that something was off. When we actually used the torque meter to measure the torque on those other steering wheels, there were some that had a high peak but would then drop off – they would only give the torque in spikes. So we went and redesigned it so that the torque delivery is linear.

Even when you play with the wheel for hours at a time, the torque delivery will remain stable.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/thrustmasters-new-gt-sport-wheel-to-include-direct-drive-motor/

DAT STABILITY

Nice! Now to wait and see how much it is. I've been thinking about getting a T300 lately (mainly for Assetto Corsa on PC) but wasn't going to get rid of my G27. I'm not going to buy anything now until more info comes out about this new wheel.

It's a direct drive wheel, so unless you are willing to part with a good chunk of money you should probably go with the T300.

Could be a decent investment if it were compatible with more than a couple of platforms and there was some assurances it won't be locked out of next gen.

I'd love to jump in to a high end wheel but I've been stung betore.

Great to see beautiful replays again, especially after the shitshow that they are in Project Cars. The audio here is still horrendous though, the footage is way better if you mute it (seriously). Until they fix the audio it's just not a viable game for me.

Wait... Wtf. This looks good now? The lighting went up quite a few notches.

are they actually going to do it? Are the sounds improving with the graphics?

Almost everything is improving, sounds are noticeably better from reveal but still needs work, lightening has just improved massively, still some tearing but much subdued compared to reveal and in general there is a good amount of polish on everything.

JamboGT

With the sounds there are still quite a few individual cars with big problems, Z4 GT3 for example. But some are sounding pretty good, especially noticeable in the replay cameras. There are other things like gearshifts and stuff which do need work.

Top Bottom