• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT Sport E3 2016 Trailer

Yiazmat

Sqpec08.gif

KDdDxXv.gif

commedieu

Banned
Yeah. thats uh.. thats impressive. Space sounds though still. But hell, I can't even play games that loudly anymore. Ahhhh welll. nipples, stiffening.

edit:

the replay/passby sounds seem improved a lot.

I mean shit, that is photo realistic.

giphy1.gif

MGR

Maybe there was some truth to this whole "daily updates" thing we heard back at the unveiling event because I can't fathom how they've managed this after what we've seen back in May.

They haven't. The May showing was deliberately underwhelming to manage expectations. No wonder Kaz was in such a good mood. Trolling everybody the whole time.

Now that it's confirmed the game will be pretty like every other Gran Turismo hopefully the spotlight can be put back on the important stuff.

Niks

Maybe there was some truth to this whole "daily updates" thing we heard back at the unveiling event because I can't fathom how they've managed this after what we've seen back in May.

They haven't. The May showing was deliberately underwhelming to manage expectations. No wonder Kaz was in such a good mood. Trolling everybody the whole time.

Now that it's confirmed the game will be pretty like every other Gran Turismo hopefully the spotlight can be put back on the important stuff.

Maybe it had something to do with the net code?
I mean, they deliberately chose to run an early build with rock solid (ish) net code so that the "tournament" could run without any hiccups?

Mush

Maybe it had something to do with the net code?
I mean, they deliberately chose to run an early build with rock solid (ish) net code so that the "tournament" could run without any hiccups?
There's a theory doing the rounds on GTP (which actually doesn't sound too farfetched) that the build we saw at the unveiling event was in fact the build that was intended to be used for the Beta.

thelastword

Banned
GTS may just be one of the few console racers with a very high level of AF. The game is improving leaps and bounds, it's late year release is looking very promising atm...

Well, I told you weeks ago that GTS looks as good as you'd expect from a proper GT.

Thing is, the best thing about GTS is still not graphics, it's the driving. They fucking nailed it. The last time I was so enthusiastic about driving a racing car was after my first laps in the first GTR.

-Amon-

GT Planet seems to confirm that Campaign is just sort of license / tutorial events and GT Sport has no traditional career mode.

If these videos are really representative of the final state of the game, i could simply do time attacks for years on that thing.

Elios83

Well, I told you weeks ago that GTS looks as good as you'd expect from a proper GT.

Thing is, the best thing about GTS is still not graphics, it's the driving. They fucking nailed it. The last time I was so enthusiastic about driving a racing car was after my first laps in the first GTR.

The problem is that as soon there is a collision the magic ends abruptly and Polyphony refuses to take the issue seriously and fix it once and for all.
Normal races are not made of the perfect laps you see in the gifs.
Fortunately the game seems to be already significantly improved graphics-wise over the May presentation but that was far from being the only problem.

EGOMON

Yup PD are freakin wizards! You should never doubt them when it comes to graphic.
I mean GT5/6 were being compared to new-gen titles (PCars, Forza) and still managed to hold their own.

Amazing improvement of what was shown in the beta. Looks polished.

The per-object motion blur on the vehicles is very pretty. Gives it a really good look.

eso76

faRakgP.gif

Zo1shs0.gif

in my enthusiasm, I forgot to crop the top one

Jesus.
On a mobile screen these look like CG.
I want a digital foundry article detailing the improvements over the build we saw in May.
Are replays 800p with letterboxing now ? Just curious, doesn't bother me.

If these videos are really representative of the final state of the game, i could simply do time attacks for years on that thing.

What, I could simply pick a car and a track and hit 'demo' for years, I don't even want to drive :p

Putty

Good heavens above! I'm only looking at the gifts but Christ on a bike they look simply unbelievable! Hype level now smack at the top! Such a vast VAST improvement!

viveks86

Man, the gameplay and replays look a generation apart now!

The one thing they have in common is how laughably bad the cars sound...

Not too thrilled about the visuals as I don't care for replays at all. Great news for those who do, I guess.

I wonder if Neo could bridge this gap... Since we are already hitting 1080p60, all the remaining GPU could be thrown at IQ and postprocessing. Hopefully CPU doesn't get in the way

Zaki2407

Can anyone confirm that the replay mode will be 60fps on all camera angle?
It seems that the spectator angle is not 60fps by looking at the video.

red731

What the hell happneded here?!

I rememeber being kinda, pretty much dissapointed and it looks like the tables have turned so good?!

This is what the Campaign mode includes:
So no traditional GT events like "Sunday Cup" will be playable offline. I can see them being a part of the online "Sport" mode though. There was a photo from Kaz's London presentation showing a Project CARS-like race calendar with events on it, so that could be something. Imagine having to the do the Sunday Cup on actual Sundays!http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4882315.html

I don't understand why there is this general idea that "Sport" mode will be online only.
I don't recall ever hearing Kaz say anything like that.
I don't see why it can't be divided in a series of online and off-line events against AI, with the offline portion organized in a similar manner of old GT careers (probably more free-form?), but now indipendent from patent test, coffee breaks ecc that are instead under "Campaign"

Top Bottom