• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

For people who played the PS3 version a lot what do you all do to have a great experience online? Do you just do PVP? Missions? Races?

I think I've spent most of my time doing races. I've done over 600 which is kind of weird when I looked at it, but I think they are lots of fun.

I've did lots of missions at the beginning for money, but after you've done a mission a few times you won't want to do it again.

I spend lots of time just driving around. Even dodging cops can be lots of fun if you have some crew or friends.

psn

Servers down? Had problems since yesterday, but I can't even connect right now. Same for my friends...

This is ridiculous... Same fail as last year..

I am having allot fun free aim pvping online wether it be in a lobby or playing TDM. Was in a chaotic lobby with 25 people last night, it felt like GTA-BF4. I had to dodge tanks attack copters, people trying to run me over or blow me up with C4 and snipers. Was the most gaming fun I had in a long time.

Erban1

At least for me it seems like my sessions time out when specific things are happening. Free roam games are always empty until I play a job and quit back to freeroam. I can stay there without the entire lobby disappearing until i do something that earns me XP.

Both times I've had the whole lobby drop i was on the run from the police, as soon as the screen flashed to let me know i had successfully lost the cops the rest of the players "leave".

I wonder if there's some sort of bug that causes connections issues when the game tries to send your earned experience back to the social club.

Yeah, online is not working at all today. I want to log-in because R* support told me the missing trophies/bonus content should unlock now.

Dem servers getting hammered again, just in time for the weekend. :(

Yeah, online is not working at all today. I want to log-in because R* support told me the missing trophies/bonus content should unlock now.

Dem servers getting hammered again, just in time for the weekend. :(

yrah, I can't log-in either.

This shit is getting tired. MCC don't work. GTA Online don't work. AC: Unity is a piece of shit. These game devs need to get their act together, and probably more appropriately, the publishers need to be funding game development more so they can hire enough devs to make sure these games launch without problems.

Again, I'll mention that I was able to increase the stability on my end by forwarding ports for the ps4. They need to do lots of work on their end but after I finished fixing my router I didn't have any disconnects all of last night. It;s something I've been meaning to do anyways but their game needs work properly.

Can anyone confirm that one server share the same weather and day time? If it is nighttime and raining for me, is it like that for the person I'm fighting against?

Also looking more at the Zentorno I can see the beauty in the bat mobile look

Mistel

Banned
Can anyone confirm that one server share the same weather and day time? If it is nighttime and raining for me, is it like that for the person I'm fighting against?
It's the same sort of time of day for everyone but it can have different things for rain, storms, etc for different players.

Hey look, a 1.14 GB patch!!

They must really want to fix things to have it pushed out at this time...I tried o get online an hour ago or so and no luck, but no update either!

Hey look, a 1.14 GB patch!!

They must really want to fix things to have it pushed out at this time...I tried o get online an hour ago or so and no luck, but no update either!

When the file was done preparing to download, I had over half the patch already. I've never seen that before. Hopefully some good fixes.

On PS4, haven't been able to get into a lobby with more than 3 people, Matchmaking is still busted. It always makes me host. Why even include 30 player matches when you can't get 5 people?

Doc Morbid

Neo Member
There's a 1.03 patch? My game is 1.02 (after the 1.14 GB patch a few hours ago) and claims to be the latest version when I check for updates.

Game keeps timing out, of course. I guess I didn't want to play Online tonight after all.

Oni Jazar

There's a 1.03 patch? My game is 1.02 (after the 1.14 GB patch a few hours ago) and claims to be the latest version when I check for updates.

Game keeps timing out, of course. I guess I didn't want to play Online tonight after all.

Same here. No patch and no online at all tonight. :(

Quick question for when I can actually get on, is the car insurance pretty much the same since og GTA Online on last gen? Thinking of getting an Adder, wondering if I have to insure before purchase or after if it gets destroyed, stolen etc. Hoping I don't have to pay 10k each time it gets wrecked :(

MisterNoisy

Man, I'm shocked at how well online works this time around. Character transfer went without a hitch and online play has been great since launch.

Not 100% sure I like the new/modified version of my original toon - she seems way too friendly-looking now - the 360 version of her looked like a pissed-off Catherine Zeta-Jones with a meth habit:

hiE48k5.jpg

Now she looks like the girl next door:

5GZobiv.jpg

Oni Jazar

MisterNoisy

Perhaps you missed the bunch of posts before you. We're all unable to connect.

Ah, that sucks. I'm on XB1, but yea - it's been smooth sailing so far - I've been able to play with 4-5 friends and/or in public lobbies without any hitches since day one. Hopefully they sort out whatever the issue is soon for PlayStation players.

Also: my brother and I happened upon a yellow SandKing XL in the used car dealer lot by the discount clothes store in the desert with custom wheels and other accessories that sold for over $17K Just a heads up. :)

So the racing rp glitch is back. Criminal records racing gets your rank up pretty quick again. Did a few races and went up almost a rank a race.

Big Chungus

i have around 1 million from the preorder bonus + stimulus package.

are there stocks or any other way to increase my money or should i just go ahead and buy an apartment and cars?

thenexus6

I just hate the fact I get a message saying "error now sending you back to GTA SP" which takes ages.. then I start up MP right again and get into another world.. If you error out just find me a new game not boot me back to SP.

I just hate the fact I get a message saying "error now sending you back to GTA SP" which takes ages.. then I start up MP right again and get into another world.. If you error out just find me a new game not boot me back to SP.

Yes, I am done with wasting my time with this. This game has longer connection times than Drive Club, it's garbage. GTA Online is fun, but I will not touch it again till things are semi-normal.

this latest 1.03 patch on PS4 has definitely stabilized GTAO for me. I get into online servers with no server timed out errors and every free roam server I have entered now has had atleast 12 players or more in there. Played for about 2 hours tonight since the patch update without being kicked.

this latest 1.03 patch on PS4 has definitely stabilized GTAO for me. I get into online servers with no server timed out errors and every free roam server I have entered now has had atleast 12 players or more in there. Played for about 2 hours tonight since the patch update without being kicked.

Sounds good, now release the patch in EU please.

randomwab

Is there anywhere online that shows character creation guides? Can't for the life of me get a decent looking character for online.

MMaRsu

Banned
Yoo we need some more ppl in the GAF session :)

Add me (mmarsu) , Thepandamovement, Eastcoast_gho5t or Chrisbydemand

Join up GAF homies :)

Megaversy

Neo Member
Yoo we need some more ppl in the GAF session :)

Add me (mmarsu) , Thepandamovement, Eastcoast_gho5t or Chrisbydemand

Join up GAF homies :)

I was able to add all of you except for eastcoast (privacy settings I assume). Hope you guys are on when I get off work!

Top Bottom