• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA: San Andreas confirmed for Xbox 360

What if there is a PS4 Remastering in the works!

Nah

Improvements sound great for the game. Wish they'd add in some easter eggs. Really throw in Bigfoot or something.

I think I realized the magic missing from GTA V... the internet is too good :(

I remember loving the theories and rumours about all kinds of stuff in San Andreas, not knowing if it was true or not because it was uncommon to record footage of a game. Exploring the incredibly vast world just felt so much better as a result.

The PC version crashes alot of some people? Always worked fine for me with and without the downgrade patch. Try downgrading if you haven't

Been there, tried that. I've tried everything. Granted, I'm using 8.1, but I know it's not impossible for it to be stable on 8.1. I could always play for about 10-15 minutes and then CTD every time. Finally just gave up. Hopefully they sort it out.

I'm going to need mid-mission checkpoints to go back to the PS2 GTAs. I absolutely adore those games, but I don't have the patience to redo entire missions when I fail anymore.

Nevadatan

Been there, tried that. I've tried everything. Granted, I'm using 8.1, but I know it's not impossible for it to be stable on 8.1. I could always play for about 10-15 minutes and then CTD every time. Finally just gave up. Hopefully they sort it out.

I been playing the steam version for HOURS, but on Windows 7 so yeah

Psst people talk me about the PS4, I say there's nothing there I want.
People tell me about the Wii U, I said maybe in a couple of yeas.
People tell me to upgrade to Xbox One? Not yet brother.

The 360 is the only console I need right now. Kick ass controller, great apps, lots of free content, cheap ass games and exclusives still released.

Biker19

Banned
They've lost a few Vice City songs over the years. Hell, the only version with the complete soundtrack is the original PS2 release.

It's more like they've got a budget for music re-licensing costs and those songs made them go over budget.

I assume that in order to include most songs that were on games like Vice City & San Andreas, Rockstar would have to pay the record companies (or the artists/groups of the songs who are still alive) a good amount of money in order to properly bring them back through re-licensing.

Vidpixel

My reaction to this news: "Uh, ok."

This just seems so random. But hey, San Andreas was a pretty awesome game, so hopefully this turns out to be a good port.

Anth0ny

They've lost a few Vice City songs over the years. Hell, the only version with the complete soundtrack is the original PS2 release.

edit: was hoping for PS4, but I'll happily take it for 360.

The fact that future generations won't be able to jump on that Faggio at the beginning of the game as Billie Jean kicks in is a damn shame.

Hyunkel6

Will buy it if/when $20. Have it on PC, but never finished it. I stupidly erased my save file near the end of the game. Probably my most memorable gaming mistake and regret.

Soul_Pie

Wat.

A ten year old game getting a re-release on a nine year old console. Seems bizarre to do it at this point in time.

Not really interested in dragging out the 360 again just for this game, as much as I loved it the first time round.

I'm waiting for it to be included in GTAV for current gen. Incorporated into GTA Online would be amazing too, maybe updated controls. Im very interested to see more of this.

That would be a megaton. Almost enough for Sony and Microsoft to compete with Nintendo this holiday.

Nzyme32

I dunno, my PC version doesn't even support dual analog. I hate GTA PC versions, they all fuckin blow. Source:

b0CzEjF.png

SteamDB indicates that the PC version is getting updated. A few gaffers that got to opt in to the unprotected beta found controller support via xinput and widescreen, but since then there have been a lot more betas larger in size. Also looks like the audio is going the way of vice city on steam - new users will get "new audio" which loses some tracks due to licencing issues, current owners get "old music" which is the original stuff

Wat.

A ten year old game getting a re-release on a nine year old console. Seems bizarre to do it at this point in time.

Well, the time frame isn't bizarre, the original game was released October 26th 2004, and the date (at least here in NA) is October 24th, so they are planing some sort of ten year anniversary re-release of the original game. And as somebody else already pointed out there is also a new Steam beta for SA that is currently password locked. This new SA patch is suppose to add proper xinput controller support and native widescreen.

It seems like both the PC and 360 will be getting enhanced versions (though PC through a patch). Though it is odd that there is no word of a PS3 version or PS4 or Xbox One.

SteamDB indicates that the PC version is getting updated. A few gaffers that got to opt in to the unprotected beta found controller support via xinput and widescreen, but since then there have been a lot more betas larger in size. Also looks like the audio is going the way of vice city on steam - new users will get "new audio" which loses some tracks due to licencing issues, current owners get "old music" which is the original stuff

Shame about the audio, but not too surprising. But the other features sound nice.

smurfx

get some go again
i want gta3 and vice city on the 360. in fact i just bought the trilogy for pc today. it was 6 bucks on amazon.

EGM1966

Seems a bit random. I guess there's some goal or maybe R* felt there was good sales potential or wanted to trial more of a light remaster to see how market responds.

Exactly. This game should be ported to Xbox One & PS4 instead like with GTA V. Both Xbox 360 & PS3 are already dying in software sales, anyway.

Nah, both are still reasonably strong in terms of software sales. You only need to look at any weekly PAL charts to see that first hand.

I'm sure it will come to PS3 and PC too. Rockstar only talked about the 360 release because that's what was leaked and they were asked about (or that's what I hope).
As has been said already, the Steam version has a beta that has been updated a lot recently, so we just gotta wait.

Keep in mind, hadn't it been because of the achievement leak, they wouldn't have said anything yet.

zerotol

Banned
It's an awesome game, but have any of you replayed it recently? The controls are terrible, the missions are shallow. It hasn't aged well at all.

It's an awesome game, but have any of you replayed it recently? The controls are terrible, the missions are shallow. It hasn't aged well at all.

I have, on my phone, but yes I have played it recently, and that's pretty much why I want this, because to this day I still remember that game and how it played, and still like it.

Lucifon

I don't want to play on my 360 anymore but I want to buy this :( Just chuck the same version on Xbone/PS4 and I'd be happy.

JP

This just seems pointless to me, the worst GTA game (Yes, I'm including the handheld and top down games too) being released on the 360???

This makes no sense at all to me, particularly with the PS4/Xbox rerelease of what I'd say was the best GTA ever on the way.

Not even sure I'd want it if it was a PS4/Xbox remaster and it was free with GTA V.

zerotol

Banned
I have, on my phone, but yes I have played it recently, and that's pretty much why I want this, because to this day I still remember that game and how it played, and still like it.

Off topic, but out of curiosity how far did you get using touch controls? I made it to Las Venturas on iPad, then gave up after failing Flight School 5 times in a row.

Mobile GTA SA on sale now BTW just announced tonight... yet another piece of SA news. Like I said before, I read the Rockstar newswire at least once or twice almost every day because I play a lot of GTAV/GTAO essentially every day for the last year... and this is probably the most I've seen them release consecutive updates about a title since V released. There's been small SA updates constantly last few days, much more than they usually do for 'anniversary' style events. I support this SA anniversary is a bit different but it's still seems like they got a lot planned.
Yeah every time I revisit most of the old GTAs, my nostalgia gets a bit of a rude awakening. I mean, all the things I love are still there: the atmosphere, the music, the story... even the sense of exploring the world is still captured well in SA because of the maze-like map design and fog, a testament to its masterful limitation-aware design. But the missions and gameplay certainly age very poorly.

After V, which finally had decent gunplay in a GTA and has probably some of the best mission production values (e.g. unique gameplay mechanics or unique pacing structure for individual missions) of any shooter (third or first person), going back to even IV, let alone SA and VC, are a gameplay chore. Driving ages OK but the gunplay was never good even when those games were new -- and age has only made it much worse.

I find it hurts SA the least just because the world and free roam activities are just so good (and unique), and VC gets by on just 'those feels' often (at least for a few hours). But especially in IV or in any PS2 entry after the story magic and nostalgia begins to wear a little thin again, the gameplay begins to really tire out. I can handle replaying SA but VC is always just a brief return and IV is an even shorter revisit.

Green Yoshi

I have, then I went from my PC to my PS2. And there the controls are fine. But it looks really ugly. Some missions are a pain the ass, but overall the variety is great.

Top Bottom