• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V 360: 2 discs, install from Disc 1 play from Disc 2. PS3: 1 disc, 8GB install

I hope that this late in the game Rockstar has figured out a way to using the freaking PS3 hardware to not deliver a lesser port.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I think I'll make an effort to not pick this up on release. If there's going to be a next gen or PC release down the line I would really prefer to play it that way.

Fjordson

my friends and I used to basically play a "multiplayer mode" where we would each have to create as much chaos as possible until we died or got arrested, then pass the controller to the next player. I'd love a mode like that, where the game actually scored each player on how much destruction and chaos they created. It wouldn't obviously be the MAIN multiplayer mode, but kind of like a bonus mode like the Mayhem Mode in Saint's Row.
Wow. I did the exact same thing. Though sometimes it was "get at least 4 stars and see how long you can last". Then whenever someone would get wasted, they'd pass the controller, haha. Good times.

S¡mon;67686661 said:
Delete some stuff. I mean, come on, it's GTA V!
Yeah, can't purchassd XBLA games be redownloaded if deleted? I could be wrong here, but I don't think there's any risk in deleting that stuff to make some temporary room for GTA V.

MightyCrow

Neo Member
I'm choosing ps3 because that's where most of my friends play games on. I dont believe there will be any noticeable difference between the two versions.

BibiMaghoo

I didnt know that the Xbox 360 version of GTA 5 would be on 2 discs.

I was assuming it is a big game.

GTAIV with DLC was two discs I think, as was RDR. I think Max Payne 3 was two discs without any DLC.

R* have a history of two discs on 360, though granted only their latest game was two without the DLC.

Gumbie

If everyone is expecting the ps3 version to be so inferior why has Rockstar been demoing that version to the press? Sony money?

GlamFM

Banned

GTAIV with DLC was two discs I think, as was RDR. I think Max Payne 3 was two discs without any DLC.

R* have a history of two discs on 360, though granted only their latest game was two without the DLC.

RDR was one disc.

Ah! With DLC!

Fjordson

LA Noire was three discs on 360! What a mammoth beast that was. Though it wasn't entirely a R* game and I guess part of the reason was the facial animation.

Hip Hop

Wow. I did the exact same thing. Though sometimes it was "get at least 4 stars and see how long you can last". Then whenever someone would get wasted, they'd pass the controller, haha. Good times.

Yeah, can't purchassd XBLA games be redownloaded if deleted? I could be wrong here, but I don't think there's any risk in deleting that stuff to make some temporary room for GTA V.

I'd honestly delete my whole hard drive, even if it was permanent, just to play GTA V.

Seriously though, we are in the semi digital age, where all your purchased stuff is tied to your account so you can delete and redownload at your leisure.

BibiMaghoo

LA Noire was three discs on 360! What a mammoth beast that was. Though it wasn't entirely a R* game and I guess part of the reason was the facial animation.

Was that without the DLC or with it? I know there is a GOTY floating about for it, but it may just be codes to download the content rather than on disc.

Dramos

I'm not really surprised but as someone mentioned earlier, I'm glad single player and multiplayer modes don't need a disk swap.

Fjordson

Was that without the DLC or with it? I know there is a GOTY floating about for it, but it may just be codes to download the content rather than on disc.
Without. I bought it at launch and it's three discs. Intense stuff. But like I said, I think part of the reason was the MotionScan technology.

Lima

So many Xbox 360 20GB users who haven't hooked up a USB flash drive to their console yet. I'm not quite understanding this...

Cheap people, cheap people everywhere.

Seriously. GAF is full of them. Can't believe how many people are still rocking a phat 20GB 360. How does that thing still work?

8byte

Banned
It has nothing to do with me being a PC gamer, it has to do with people just pretending it isn't there. I've seen plenty of exclusive console gamers notice the blur introduced by 640p in RDR and GTA IV, it's jarring as hell. It gets really sad when people go into this denial mode or brush it off with "just a bit of grass lol".

Fine, you can't see it or it doesn't bother you but don't start lecturing other people about the differences with "just grass lol" when you clearly have no idea.

"Sad" lol.

What's truly sad is your attitude. No one is in denial, we're simply stating that the general populace simply doesn't notice these differences. If we were talking about the 360 version running at 60fps vs 30, then sure, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Most "gamers" (not us enthusiasts) don't know shit about resolution, etc. to them, if the box says 720p, then that's the truth, they don't know or care otherwise. To expect different or think everyone playing games is as keen as us? THAT, my friend, is denial.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I never understood how this works. At least with the 360 nearly all games don't need to be installed.

I think so they can sell it as a cheaper entertainment device for those who want it,if you want to play a ton of games on it I guess they expect you to buy one with a bigger HDD

Fair enough :)

See? I'm not completely unreasonable. :)

Yeah, our rule was "if you're not generating at least one wanted star within 5 minutes or setting up something really crazy, you're disqualified". We had some pretty strict rules, but it usually led to some amazing stuff. Like riding a bicycle (not a motorcycle, a bicycle) up the big mountain in San Andreas and launching CJ off the jump at the summit just to see how long it would take to hit the ground. Or me discovering a "warp point" in one of the buildings in the Hollywood Hills that, if jumped into, would teleport the player to the central street in the middle of Los Santos.

I'd honestly delete my whole hard drive, even if it was permanent, just to play GTA V.

Seriously though, we are in the semi digital age, where all your purchased stuff is tied to your account so you can delete and redownload at your leisure.

I have so much Rock Band DLC on my 360 that deleting it would basically mean I'd have to spend an entire afternoon redownloading it all. Deleting really isn't an option at this point in time, at least for me.

Seriously. GAF is full of them. Can't believe how many people are still rocking a phat 20GB 360. How does that thing still work?

These two things do not comply.

My brother has an old phat 20GB from the minute the 360 launched and it still works like a charm.

Why buy a new 360 when the old one does exactly the same thing? Playing games.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
"Sad" lol.

What's truly sad is your attitude. No one is in denial, we're simply stating that the general populace simply doesn't notice these differences. If we were talking about the 360 version running at 60fps vs 30, then sure, but unfortunately that's not the case.

Most "gamers" (not us enthusiasts) don't know shit about resolution, etc. to them, if the box says 720p, then that's the truth, they don't know or care otherwise. To expect different or think everyone playing games is as keen as us? THAT, my friend, is denial.

I'm on this forum and I really don't care about resolutions either TBH.

Expect to hear some first details soon – it’s called Grand Theft Auto Online and we’re very excited to unveil it for you sometime this summer.
Sounds like they're going in hard with V's multi-player. I'm looking forward to more details.

Cool, the mandatory install is the best way, and the way I was hoping they'd do it, if the game has to be on more than one disc. I install all my games to the harddrive anyway.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I'm leaning towards PS3 at the moment simply because that is the version they have been showing to journalists and they have said it looks good. If the 360 version is better (as was the case with RDR and GTAIV) then I'll get it on that. Having to install it isn't an issue.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like they're going in hard with V's multi-player. I'm looking forward to more details.

Confirmed:

• Blimp Jousting
  • Blimp Heists
  • Blimp Racing
  • Hidenburg Co-op

#BLIMPLOVE

hiboulin_by_spitfiresonice-d69uak4.png

Soup Bar

I honestly thought this was going to be on 3 discs, but that doesn't matter. I'm happy I can install extra discs, and play off one forever. Every multi disc game should let you do this.

Sethos

Banned
"Sad" lol.

Well, your argument kinda falls flat when someone who claims he doesn't care, claims he can't see it tries to state its factual differences on an enthusiast forum. If you can't see it or feel it, why the hell would you take to a forum and try to discuss the differences when you know nothing about it? I don't join a musical forum and go into a discussion about guitars, people talking about their differences and I say "lol colour" -- I just stay the hell out or discuss shit I actually know something about.

There are differences, they are very clear to some and they are on paper. So saying one version is superior is just true, nothing more, nothing less. You just seem to be confusing my argument with saying "PS3 version is unplayable!!!" because I'm not. Where the hell am I even arguing for the general public or saying "EVERYBODY CAN SEE THIS!!!1" - You are just grabbing shit from thin air to create some sort of argument with me. I said quite a few people can see the difference, however any idiot knows the general gaming public doesn't care but we aren't even discussing that segment.

People who can't see it or don't care, will in the end, not give a shit. However when someone is stating the differences between them and personally use that to choose their version, why the hell would someone who doesn't care have in business in that discussion? You apparently mistake my posts for speaking on the behalf of the entire gaming population.

FrankT

Excellent. This is how every third party and first party 2 disc titles should have been run from the go. MS waking up way too late on that one.

Good thing for next gen this fall.

AzerPhire

This thread is a perfect example of how the differences between PS4/XB1 multi-platform games will be meaningless to 99% of the population.

I agree it will look better, I said so in my second post with a joke about the grass. This has upset some people it seems, which was not my intent. Especially when I was agreeing that saying they will look that same was a PR move, again, in my second post.

But...some people have either misread my intent, or woke up on the wrong side of the bed today :)

It's all good though, I have nothing invested in it either way.

I don't think people are upset. But you are brushing off the differences as if they don't matter on a board where we discuss down to the pixel. The responses were not unexpected. Nobody is saying it's unplayable. But in the past, the differences are definitely noticeable by most.

I mean, it's obvious when talking about differences we're speaking to the people who have the choice. Somebody who only owns a PS3 or a 360 obviously wouldn't care either way about this conversation.

Apath

Screw flash drives. I ordered a 320GB HDD for $40 on eBay.
This thread is a perfect example of how the differences between PS4/XB1 multi-platform games will be meaningless to 99% of the population.

Won't the difference between PS4 and XBO games be much bigger than PS3/360 games? People are predicting major resolution and frame rate bumps.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
still using my launch day 360 going to have to delete everything to play this oh well not like id be using it for anything else gta 5 is the king of the mountain no more current gen games after that point

Top Bottom