• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

awesome_i_hear_that_psych.gif

Enco

I feel sorry for people that are choosing to wait for a fancier and better performing version, GTA madness and gifs will be everywhere for a long time coming. I hope PC only people get some good news relatively soon, GTA V not coming to next gen consoles isn't terrible, GTA V not getting a PC release soon is.
What pisses me off is how quiet Rockstar are being.

Is the PC version in development? Will it be coming out within 1-2 weeks after release? Months? Never? Fucking interact with your fans.

Is the PC version in development? Will it be coming out within 1-2 weeks after release? Months? Never? Fucking interact with your fans.

lol it ain't coming. Did it ever come for RDR? Nope. Did everyone want it? Yup. Since this is bigger it'll probably do a GTAIV and come out a year later.

Most Rockstar games have come to PC eventually so I imagine GTA V will as well.

UrbanRats

If they follow their pattern, is coming 6 months later.

It is coming.
PC is something that can't be ignored anymore, and if they want to make GTAOnline in this grandiose thing that lasts forever, they need to bring it to PC eventually, anyway.
It's coming, but they want people to double dip and maximize sales on the current gen versions, so they won't tell you until the initial sales push on ps360 is over.

Also they probably invested 110% of their work force on ps360 development, so i guess the PC version could be lagging a few months behind and they decided to tackle one problem at a time, it is a massive game to fit in 7 years old boxes, after all.

FACE

Banned

6-8 months has been the standard since GTA 3.

smr00

Banned
I gotta find a cheap PS3 controller before this releases because mine is pretty much dead. Was going to try to wait it out for the PC version but i need dis.

let me guess "reviewers", it's a 10 out of 10.

What will happen is as follows.

Review embargo lifts, huge scores everywhere and hype gets elevated even further.

A few outlier reviews are picked upon, leading to accusations of click-baiting and said reviewer being deemed as insincere.

Game releases and everyone loves it.

Two weeks later a tiny minority begin to find issues or feel disappointed by the game. Over the course of several months, the game is still regarded as a masterpiece but that minority becomes more vocal.

Two years later we all hate the game and clamour for the days of GTAIV

:p

On a serious note, I am so fucking excited for this game. I'm looking forward to just cruising around, robbing a few stores and exploring the world on a bicycle.

What will happen is as follows.

Review embargo lifts, huge scores everywhere and hype gets elevated even further.

A few outlier reviews are picked upon, leading to accusations of click-baiting and said reviewer being deemed as insincere.

Game releases and everyone loves it.

Two weeks later a tiny minority begin to find issues or feel disappointed by the game. Over the course of several months, the game is still regarded as a masterpiece but that minority becomes more vocal.

Two years later we all hate the game and clamour for the days of GTAIV

:p

On a serious note, I am so fucking excited for this game. I'm looking forward to just cruising around, robbing a few stores and exploring the world on a bicycle.

I honestly dont think that the low, outlying reviews will get harshly criticized in this case. There are people -- reviewers -- who genuinely don't like the GTA series, and I can't think of what the conspiracy theory would be to motivate the criticism. With Last of Us, where The Verge gave it a 7.5, the conspiracy theory was that The Verge/Polygon is in Microsoft's pocket and that they were doing that because Microsoft is a big advertiser on Vox networks. Same with the few critical reviews of Uncharted 3... that places gave it a bad review because they're anti-Sony. The same happens for Nintendo exclusives that get lousy outlier reviews.

But GTA is a multiplat game that has no console allegiance. Saints Row is not enough of a title to say that "reviewers are SR homers" or anything like that (especially because SR4 seems to be a pretty big letdown compared to SR3 which maintained it's hype for weeks).

I'm expecting a few outlying reviews giving 8s, but I think they'll legitimately be by people who do not like the GTA games in general... THe same people who would have criticized San Andreas when it came out for being an old engine and more of the same.

So I'm guessing this will be Scotland's biggest ever entertainment export.

I think you're right. Though to be fair to Scotland, GTAV would be an enormous entertainment product for any country.

San Andreas has sold close to 28million copies since release. I don't know if those numbers take in digital sales, which have continued on through rockstar sales and more throughout the years.

SJRB

Gold Member
I just can't believe the five-year wait is almost over.

5.5 fucking years. Waiting. That's almost incomprehensible. Is there any other hobby/whatever out there where fans wait THAT long for something? Olympics/World Championship soccer maybe [4 years], but come on.

Alienous

5.5 fucking years. Waiting. That's almost incomprehensible. Is there any other hobby/whatever out there where fans wait THAT long for something? Olympics/World Championship soccer maybe [4 years], but come on.

Oh stop, you played 'The Lost and Damned' and 'The Ballad of Gay Tony'.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy shit, yeah it's real game got leaked on X360.

Intro is on youtube.

Frillen

Half Life 3?

Certinty

Yeah the intro on Youtube looks pretty damn real. Won't post due to risk of getting banned either. Shouldn't be hard to find though.

Alienous

You want me to get banned? i can't provide any links. Check youtube.

I've seen an 'intro', which is just the leaked main theme and artwork that has been available for months. And, conveniently, no installation screen.

I think the intro you've seen is probably fake. Although apparently the Rockstar logo display for GTA V has been leaked, and is quite real.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is it really bannable? I mean.. its just an intro video that is easily seen on youtube...

Well i'm pretty damn sure that video is not from a legit copy so yes, it's not allowed here as far as i know.

IMACOMPUTA

Well i'm pretty damn sure that video is not from a legit copy so yes, it's not allowed here as far as i know.

Well the youtube video i saw said that the guys brother is a QA tester or something.. Dunno how legit that is, but I know the game hasn't actually leaked yet. So it pretty likely its a legit copy.

Top Bottom