• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

The game keeps telling me how I can level up crew members by doing robberies and hiests?

What the fuck?

Am I missing something because when I played gta v on ps3 there were like only a few hiests that were mandatory via story? How do I actually do hiests as side quests? You know, the fun part of the game and yet they give me fucking yoga side quests...

DukeBobby

The game keeps telling me how I can level up crew members by doing robberies and hiests?

What the fuck?

Am I missing something because when I played gta v on ps3 there were like only a few hiests that were mandatory via story? How do I actually do hiests as side quests? You know, the fun part of the game and yet they give me fucking yoga side quests...

You're not missing anything.

I think Rockstar intended to include more, or at least have optional heists. The crew system is really underdeveloped.

MattyG

Banned
Shooting in FPS mode is really hard. Anyone have any tips? I'm using free aim mode with FPS standard controls and the FOV all the way up.
1st person motorcycle riding is the shit.
Damn straight it is. It's way more difficult too. I didn't turn my head to look at a turn coming up and just barely ran into a median barrier. Went flying over the handlebars and into oncoming traffic.

todahawk

Thanks, I found a spot to do a nice shot of the city from, maybe tomorrow. But here's some lightening.. Sony Golds on during a thunder storm is amazing, i like how the DS rumble gets stronger with the harder claps of thunder. Rockstar are really great at the little details.

gtav_lightening_1_by_chabbles-d87hdqh.gif

gtav_lightening_3_by_chabbles-d87hdv7.gif

LOL love how you're nonchalantly sitting in a car with a popped trunk, missing door and all sorts of nice scrapes on the paint job.

I've done the same thing, stop to take some pics only to notice the front of my car is all mangled and sometimes blood smeared :/

sangreal

What the fuck?

It's not just you. Clearly something that was sloppily cut from the game. My whole first playthrough on PS3 I was waiting for that stuff to unlock or something

Shooting in FPS mode is really hard. Anyone have any tips? I'm using free aim mode with FPS standard controls and the FOV all the way up.

Turn up the sensivity.
You should switch to assisted aiming because it's how the game is meant to be played.
Free aim was better on ps3 because of the bad triggers but with the DS4 it's not an issue anymore and you can freeaim as you wish in assisted mode.

Raptomex

What is the "random job" option during initial loads?
I think it just loads a random Online job.
It's not just you. Clearly something that was sloppily cut from the game. My whole first playthrough on PS3 I was waiting for that stuff to unlock or something
The heists were the biggest disappointments. Rockstar did say crew members would level up before the original release. Little did we know it was pointless. You only use them in 3 or 4 heists. The heists themselves were great but the whole "planning" aspect was really underwhelming. You don't really "plan" anything. You make different choices to see different scripted events. I've said this before and I'll say it again, what this game needs is a heist side mission that you can perform whenever you want. Choose a crew, pick random locations in the city, prep, perform. It could work. But no, they'd rather have that be part of Online. It's a shame. It needs more action-based side missions. After 100% it has the same problem GTA IV did, there's not much to do. Hopefully DLC can remedy this.

Arttemis

Can you change the characters' default cars? I know GTA5 on last gen systems had a system that allowed you to retain your previously used cars, but it never replaced the default car. For example, Franklin always had the car that looked like a Dodge Charger, Trevor had the old Land Rover, and Michael had a sedan.

Can we replace those cars as the defaults with different vehicles?

Raptomex

Can you change the characters' default cars? I know GTA5 on last gen systems had a system that allowed you to retain your previously used cars, but it never replaced the default car. For example, Franklin always had the car that looked like a Dodge Charger, Trevor had the old Land Rover, and Michael had a sedan.

Can we replace those cars as the defaults with different vehicles?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm at 100% and still driving the original vehicles assigned to the characters.

todahawk

My friends and I made this video for our website: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A3QA8TM3p4w

You can kill people by jumping on them and it does not alert the cops. Fun times.
Welp, I know what I'm doing tonight.

This lifeinvader glitch is amazing. Makes Lester's trick like child play.
Hell yeah, I have every property bought and bought every plane and helicopter for each character in the game. Every weapon I have access to is maxed as well.

After a big spending spree I just buy/sell quick to keep each char topped off at $2 billion.

todahawk

What's the glitch again?

After the LI mission the stock is dirt cheap. Buy as much as you can and immediately afterward SELL (not the first SELL ALL prompt), then SELL ALL from the next screen. I've tried to use SELL ALL just to test and as others have said, it does't work if you use the first SELL ALL prompt. You'll make a killing. Just to be safe save beforehand until you get the hang of it.

You can do it with any stock actually, as long as you sort by drop% and the graph shows a constant decline over the past 5 days for that stock.

Hell yeah, I have every property bought and bought every plane and helicopter for each character in the game. Every weapon I have access to is maxed as well.

After a big spending spree I just buy/sell quick to keep each char topped off at $2 billion.

Yeah, after playing the whole game last gen, I'm really glad you can just cheap the money. I never even got enough money to buy most property the last time I played. I forgot you could buy a tank in the single player.

Tigress

Heh, I wanted to keep some goals/challenge in the game so I'm trying to make myself get cars by stealing them only. Planes too but they don't seem to pop up that much so I might cave there.

The money glitch is so that I stop worrying about how much money I'm burning through dieing a lot doing stupid stuff (I honestly don't find it fun when it's hard to make money and every time I die I lose 5000 so I freak out about if i die too much I'll go through what money I can make. Part of the fun of GTA is doing stupid stuff that could get you killed ;) ).

Also, on online, has anyone noticed it doesn't seem to spawn helicopters or planes that much. I haven't seen barely any helis spawn at all since the new gen on online and I decided to try for a fighter jet last night only to fly over the military and there was nothing on the base (not one plane and it seemed really empty).

Please don't tell me they decided to stop plane griefing by just not spawning them (I mean I annoy it can be irritating but imho it's still not worth avoiding griefers by not having them there to steal at all).

(also makes me wonder if the planes are available to steal in SP. I eventually want to try to steal a fighter jet and see if I can't keep it in Trevor's hangar. I know you could in the PS3 version though I got the impression it was a glitch).

todahawk

Yeah, after playing the whole game last gen, I'm really glad you can just cheap the money. I never even got enough money to buy most property the last time I played. I forgot you could buy a tank in the single player.
Yup, and tanks are available at airplane hangars after you buy them so it's really fun that Frank and Michael both have hangars at the LS International airport. So convenient.

Heh, I wanted to keep some goals/challenge in the game so I'm trying to make myself get cars by stealing them only. Planes too but they don't seem to pop up that much so I might cave there.

The money glitch is so that I stop worrying about how much money I'm burning through dieing a lot doing stupid stuff (I honestly don't find it fun when it's hard to make money and every time I die I lose 5000 so I freak out about if i die too much I'll go through what money I can make. Part of the fun of GTA is doing stupid stuff that could get you killed ;) ).

Also, on online, has anyone noticed it doesn't seem to spawn helicopters or planes that much. I haven't seen barely any helis spawn at all since the new gen on online and I decided to try for a fighter jet last night only to fly over the military and there was nothing on the base (not one plane and it seemed really empty).

Please don't tell me they decided to stop plane griefing by just not spawning them (I mean I annoy it can be irritating but imho it's still not worth avoiding griefers by not having them there to steal at all).

(also makes me wonder if the planes are available to steal in SP. I eventually want to try to steal a fighter jet and see if I can't keep it in Trevor's hangar. I know you could in the PS3 version though I got the impression it was a glitch).

Same here, I've only used money to buy properties and all of the aircraft, war machines and boats. Haven't bothered to buy cars, I like finding them, stealing them and then modding them.

Having trouble with heli spawns even in single player too. The buzzard used to spawn reliably at the NOOSE hq on the roof but I've only seen it once. Non issue now that I bought it but spawns definitely seem to have changed.

i stole a fighter in single player the other night but it was smoking heavily and the engine died right near the airstrip. hit the ground a bit hard and exploded. seems like it's still possible though. just need to get away with less damage. The jet doesn't seem to spawn in the first hangar like it used to. I used to be able to drive in the main gate with a fast car, pull in the first hangar on the left and get away pretty easily. It's no longer there, had to snag one from the middle area which was a lot more dangerous.

perfection (was the first thing that popped into my head as well).

Do you really don't know what censorship is? Or do you just wanted to make that senseless comment?

... what?

I don't even know if it's censorship. I don't think someone said 'You can't have this game on the market unless you take out the nudity outside of the strip club". If that was the case, my comment still stands, but I could see your point.

However, if not being able to see tits outside of the strip club stops you from buying this game then you're missing out.

Anyone having any issues buying a slip on the marina? I go do it with every character, it makes the cha-ching sound, but doesn't let me actually buy a slip. I don't see the money subtracted or anything.

I"ve been able to buy other properties but not that one. Anyone else having this issue?

todahawk

Anyone having any issues buying a slip on the marina? I go do it with every character, it makes the cha-ching sound, but doesn't let me actually buy a slip. I don't see the money subtracted or anything.

I"ve been able to buy other properties but not that one. Anyone else having this issue?

Nope, haven't run into that one and first I've heard of it.

... what?

I don't even know if it's censorship. I don't think someone said 'You can't have this game on the market unless you take out the nudity outside of the strip club". If that was the case, my comment still stands, but I could see your point.

However, if not being able to see tits outside of the strip club stops you from buying this game then you're missing out.

Heh, I already bought it :p
I don't see any point in removing nudity (well, because there's still lots of nudity in the game -->Stripclub) so I think it has to be censored. I just have no idea why they did it. Male nudity is still existent btw.

Is it just me, or do performance upgrades do absolutely nothing? I just bought engine upgrades for my bike, and a turbo, yet it still tops out at 110mph. :/

And on the website it says my bike's top speed is 140mph. Wtf?

Raptomex

Is it just me, or do performance upgrades do absolutely nothing? I just bought engine upgrades for my bike, and a turbo, yet it still tops out at 110mph. :/

And on the website it says my bike's top speed is 140mph. Wtf?
Yeah. I do notice certain upgrades really effect performance but not everything. Rockstar said it would effect vehicles but I only notice certain upgrades effect performance. I think they even went as far to say as you can overdo it or something but I don't think you can in SP as far as I can tell. I don't play Online so I have no idea if it's more beneficial there.

Um, to find them to deposit money from online? Unless there's a new efficient way I'm unfamiliar with. It's been awhile since I've played so I can't remember where the atms are.

I'm sure somebody else answered, but you can deposit money from your phone in the game. Open phone -> Browser -> MazeBank (or w/e) -> Deposit.

This has been since GTAO's launch... I think they realized finding an ATM was too difficult and risky.

shandy706

Was harassing traffic when this happened.

RaggedJealousBoa.gif

It's really hard (nearly impossible) to see in a gif, but there was a small piece of flaming debris that catches the guy perfectly as he gets out of the car. You can see the larger piece fly directly at the guys car, but if you look closely there's a piece that flakes off towards him right as he's getting out.

I cracked up.

Waiting in the rain for my taxi....should have worn a rain jacket :(.

CoordinatedWeepyEasteuropeanshepherd.gif

MattyG

Banned
Are there still random events that are missable (like the construction site one) and can prevent you from getting 100%?

Reule

Ha that part wasn't directed at you, the thanks was sincere :)
Alright, cool beans!

Are there still random events that are missable (like the construction site one) and can prevent you from getting 100%?
I don't think missing one random event would keep you from getting 100%. I believe you only need 14 out of 57 for it.

Edit: Which reminds me, I just missed Simeon's random event again. I keep forgetting about doing his before the first heist.

REALLY wish I could level up faster online. Need to buy a soothing tank...

Check some online mission lists to see what the payout is. Find a mission that's a good combination of short with a decent payout and do it a bunch. Or get into some races, they can be worth a bunch.

Personally, I'll suggest against buying the tank. If you didn't know: For whatever reason, they label destroying someone's custom car as a foul and doing it repeatedly will get you labeled as a bad sport. The problem is that when you go around in a tank shooting stuff, you will be blowing up custom cars all the time. It really put a wet blanket on how cool the tank should be.

Muffdraul

This lifeinvader glitch is amazing. Makes Lester's trick like child play.

Seriously, there is no longer any reason not to do the assassinations ASAP or to bother doing any investing related to them. No sleeping over and over to wait for stocks to peak. Lovin' it.

Tigress

Check some online mission lists to see what the payout is. Find a mission that's a good combination of short with a decent payout and do it a bunch. Or get into some races, they can be worth a bunch.

Personally, I'll suggest against buying the tank. If you didn't know: For whatever reason, they label destroying someone's custom car as a foul and doing it repeatedly will get you labeled as a bad sport. The problem is that when you go around in a tank shooting stuff, you will be blowing up custom cars all the time. It really put a wet blanket on how cool the tank should be.

I don't get the bad sport for blowing up some one's vehicle as long as they don't get charged the vehicle insurance fee (either you pay it or the game doesn't charge it to them).

What I do think is BS is that if some one blows up your car and they don't have the money to pay for it, you pay for it. They fixed it at one point but then went back to this system. There is no real reason for it. it's not like if some one doesn't pay real money gets lost (no one needs to pay at all except for making up game rules to play by). And it doesn't enhance gameplay. Well except for the griefers/trolls whose entire purpose is just to have fun making other people miserable and why should anyone care about their fun when their fun is making other people's games not fun?

I would suggest the tank though. Cause it's just fun to rampage against the cops (that's what I use it for and I have yet to blow up anyone's vehicles. It is a bit of a damper I worry about that but I mostly worry cause I'm too cheap to want to pay the replacement fee ;) ).

TheExodu5

Banned
About 50 missions in.

The main story is interesting, but character motivations make no sense at times. It's clear that things are just being dragged out to add in more missions. It's just not very believable at all.

Top Bottom