• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

kmax

I think it just loads a random Online job.

The heists were the biggest disappointments. Rockstar did say crew members would level up before the original release. Little did we know it was pointless. You only use them in 3 or 4 heists. The heists themselves were great but the whole "planning" aspect was really underwhelming. You don't really "plan" anything. You make different choices to see different scripted events. I've said this before and I'll say it again, what this game needs is a heist side mission that you can perform whenever you want. Choose a crew, pick random locations in the city, prep, perform. It could work. But no, they'd rather have that be part of Online. It's a shame. It needs more action-based side missions. After 100% it has the same problem GTA IV did, there's not much to do. Hopefully DLC can remedy this.

I agree with this. I've been talking with my friends about this and we really expected something like the film "Heat". It's pretty underwhelming that Rockstar didn't develop that aspect as it easily is the most coveted activity.

Let's hope that they at least do a DLC.

todahawk

I think it just loads a random Online job.

The heists were the biggest disappointments. Rockstar did say crew members would level up before the original release. Little did we know it was pointless. You only use them in 3 or 4 heists. The heists themselves were great but the whole "planning" aspect was really underwhelming. You don't really "plan" anything. You make different choices to see different scripted events. I've said this before and I'll say it again, what this game needs is a heist side mission that you can perform whenever you want. Choose a crew, pick random locations in the city, prep, perform. It could work. But no, they'd rather have that be part of Online. It's a shame. It needs more action-based side missions. After 100% it has the same problem GTA IV did, there's not much to do. Hopefully DLC can remedy this.

Excellent post. Really do hope they add heists in some way to SP.

Turbo is broken dont use it
In what way? Do they actually kill performance?

About 50 missions in.

The main story is interesting, but character motivations make no sense at times. It's clear that things are just being dragged out to add in more missions. It's just not very believable at all.

Oh for sure. The motivations of the characters make no sense at all, at almost any point in the entire game. There is also zero character development. Every character in the game is basically the exact same as when you first meet them, from the main protagonists down to every side character... It's one of my big complaints with the game.

The missions themselves were enough fun to justify the lack of development and the absurd motivations, but it makes me scratch my head when people pretend like the game has a good story.

About 50 missions in.

The main story is interesting, but character motivations make no sense at times. It's clear that things are just being dragged out to add in more missions. It's just not very believable at all.

Meh. Seems relatively simple.

Franklin wants money & stands by his mentor Michael when Michael needs help.
Michael needs to pay back the $2.5Million then gets blackmailed into working for the FIB.
Trevor is a psychopath and thus needs no motivation other than to kill people. But he does have weird sub-motivations.

Sure, they do write the events to create missions . . . it is a game and it would be boring if they just all went quietly into the sunset. It is not deep stuff but
the 'Dead gangster in a shady informal witness protection program resurfacing and being harassed by his former associate is interesting.'

About 50 missions in.

If you haven't already start responding to any texts and emails that give the option.You find out much more about the character's point of view. Most responses are pretty funny too.

This lifeinvader glitch is amazing. Makes Lester's trick like child play.

Indeed, it's perfect for those of us returning for a second playthrough this gen. No more worry about hospital bills, the price of guns and cars and I can buy all the real estate when I want.

Indeed, it's perfect for those of us returning for a second playthrough this gen. No more worry about hospital bills, the price of guns and cars and I can buy all the real estate when I want.

That is EXACTLY it.

It was funny, right before I banked 1.8 billion I had $14 and I was just about to go back into the menus and sell ... I ignored helping when she (wife, I think?) was at the Jewelry store, so she yells "and it's coming out of YOUR bank account!" and I don't think any money was taken because I didn't have $5,000 in there. Then BAM, billionaire.

That is EXACTLY it.

It was funny, right before I banked 1.8 billion I had $14 and I was just about to go back into the menus and sell ... I ignored helping when she (wife, I think?) was at the Jewelry store, so she yells "and it's coming out of YOUR bank account!" and I don't think any money was taken because I didn't have $5,000 in there. Then BAM, billionaire.

How does the glitch work? Does it work 100% or is it possible to lose money?

MattyG

Banned
Has there been any progress in the search for the jetpack or whatever the Chiliad Mystery is? I haven't checked up on it since the summer, and I'm really hoping there's new stuff to find in the PS4/X1 version.

Has there been any progress in the search for the jetpack or whatever the Chiliad Mystery is? I haven't checked up on it since the summer, and I'm really hoping there's new stuff to find in the PS4/X1 version.

The jetpack isn't real, man. Let it go, just let it go.

Muffdraul

It works until you hit the cap, then you get $0 back. I don't know what the cap is. What I did was create a save file first, then just invest 100% of my money in LFI a few times. Eventually I'd go bust and get $0 back, so I'd reload and start over and be careful not to invest 100% again after I hit the highest previous amount, which was completely different for each character.

Using round numbers to keep it simple-

1. Invest $1 million - get $10 million back
2. Invest $10 million - get $100 million back
3. Invest $100 million - GO BUST get $0 back

So then I'd reload my save and start over. When I had $100 mil, instead of investing all of it in LFI again I'd only do $50 mil or whatever. By doing that, I was able to get all 3 characters up to approx. $2 billion, in like 10-15 minutes.

It works until you hit the cap, then you get $0 back. I don't know what the cap is. What I did was create a save file first, then just invest 100% of my money in LFI a few times. Eventually I'd go bust and get $0 back, so I'd reload and start over and be careful not to invest 100% again after I hit the highest previous amount, which was completely different for each character.

So then I'd reload my save and start over. When I had $100 mil, instead of investing all of it in LFI again I'd only do $50 mil or whatever. By doing that, I was able to get all 3 characters up to approx. $2 billion, in like 10-15 minutes.

hah, that's great. I'll try it, thanks :)

flippeh

I'd guess if it's max ~2billion, it's probably a 32bit signed int, so 2147483647 if was like last gen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2147483647

Sometimes a mission will require Michael (or Trevor or Franklin for that matter) to use his own car. It happened again last night and I had to drive Michael's default black car. Now, I had already bought a different car that I would much rather use. Is there any way to change which "owned" car is provided for missions?

Also, if a car that I own blows up, does it respawn somewhere? And what is the rule for stolen cars? It seems I can store them in my garage, so what is the actual benefit of buying over stealing?

Basically that. The best part though, is that you can sell "part" of your stock, so you can get close to cap, and then buy a bunch, then just sell to get close to cap again. You'll be "close to 2.1b" (think I'm at 1.8 or something, just leaving some space, not like that money goes that fast) and then if you really screw up and lose it, I still have millions in 'stock' I could sell, not that I actually care about return on it, just sell for whatever price it's at.

R* is pretty quick on things like this, I'm surprised it isn't fixed yet honestly.

Scoot2005

Banned
I called the ambulance as Franklin 5 fucking times just now. They rolled right up then drove off. RACIST LOL.

But seriously WTF is going on.

Edit - I am being serious. I stood right in front of the ambulance from the fourth attempt, called the number, lights went on and then went off. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I am in the same boat, played it last gen and couldn't afford anything. Now about ~20 missions in I have bought the golf country club.

Is there a link out there describing exactly how to do this glitch for someone who's never touched the stock market in this game (or IRL)?

That iFruit app is fucking annoying. The Chop mini-game is not very fun and then when not playing it, I get messages saying "Chop is hungry, feed him" or "Chop is thirsty". Plus it has an in game currency to buy food & water.

If it was a work of satire of how annoying IAPs can be then it succeeded. App deleted.

NotBacon

Is there a link out there describing exactly how to do this glitch for someone who's never touched the stock market in this game (or IRL)?

After the LifeInvader mission, their stock should be uber low. They were at life 46% down when I did this. When it's super low:

- Purchase as much LI stock as possible in the LCN. You can access the stock market through the web browser on your phone in-game.
- Go to 'My Portfolio'
- Don't click SELL ALL on this screen
- Click on the company name (LifeInvader) in your portfolio.
- Sell All
- Repeat

Edit: Oops thought you were talking about the new glitch

Muffdraul

I got it from this thread last week, I think it came from reddit. Here's my version:

• Log on to internet (in-game, of course) and go to LCN
  • Go to Markets
  • Go to Life Invader and buy all of the stocks you can
  • Click Continue
  • Go to Markets again
  • Go to Life Invader again
  • Click Sell All
  • Repeat (and follow my previous directions re: going bust, and remember the numbers I used in my example have NO bearing on the actual numbers.)

The original instructions from Reddit didn't specify Life Invader, they said to go down the list and find the stock that had fallen the lowest. If you're doing this trick before the first Lester mission, then it probably be something other than Life Invader. But as far as I can tell, after that Lester mission, it's going to be Life Invader for the rest of the game. I could be wrong about that. But it certainly sounds like most people are doing this with Life Invader.

Is there anyway I could lose my money with the glitch? I know about losing it due to hitting the dollar value cap, but is there any other way?

Muffdraul

Is there anyway I could lose my money with the glitch? I know about losing it due to hitting the dollar value cap, but is there any other way?

Like I mentioned before, just make a save before you start and you're safe no matter what happens. The only way you will lose money doing this is by investing so much that you go over the cap, which is apparently approx. $2.1 billion.

Heh, I already bought it :p
I don't see any point in removing nudity (well, because there's still lots of nudity in the game -->Stripclub) so I think it has to be censored. I just have no idea why they did it. Male nudity is still existent btw.

That's the thing though, maybe they just removed it because they thought it didn't fit. If I saw something that said Rockstar was pressured to remove something it would be a different story. The only time I saw them buckle was hot coffee. Otherwise I think they don't give a shit.

1385.gif

Radec

Like I mentioned before, just make a save before you start and you're safe no matter what happens. The only way you will lose money doing this is by investing so much that you go over the cap, which is apparently approx. $2.1 billion.

I hit the cap last night and didn't get money when I sold all my stocks.

Then I just sell a few stock instead and after that I was able to get all my money back.

Now I'm a billionaire!

Fun times ahead

It's a bug, hopefully it gets patched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVbWApPV-EU

there's a new Safehouse Garage bug, too, that I've been able to recreate a few times...

basically Safehouse Garages are fine except if you Save on-foot nearby. For some reason, perhaps related to the Personal Vehicle, when you Save with both the Personal Vehicle and the Safehouse Garage with a car inside (or when you load said file), it makes the Garage car disappear.

If you Save off screen somewhere, it's totally fine.. I hadn't seen a Garage bug on PS3 in almost 11 months... and I haven't seen a single Garage bug in any other situation on PS4... but be careful Saving near your Safehouse Garage, especially on foot.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... Is Carry on my wayward son new on the soundtrack??

I'm doing the stock market exploit right now with the radio playing in the background... Went from Danger Zone to Carry On.... So awesome haha

Also:

Fabien: "Namaste Michael"
Michael: "Na-ma-go-fuck yourself"

Haha that line never gets old.

If you haven't already start responding to any texts and emails that give the option.You find out much more about the character's point of view. Most responses are pretty funny too.
slick, yeah, not only that but when you Hangout between missions, make new Phonecalls, etc... the character switch scenes. there's a lot of small story flavour added by context or mission-sensitive stuff. i made a big list a few pages back. if someone is already 50 missions through the game, it could be very easy to miss most of that because most of it is discovered free roaming between missions.

why's my screen diff -- ohh I have sunglasses on. Cool!

Which reminds me, Mario Sunshine was ahead of its time.
Yeah I had that issue. Did the lifeinvader glitch so basically bought everything any time I went into a store. Later, I couldn't figure out why everything had a weird color filter. Duh, it was the last sunglasses on the rack.

Top Bottom