• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Rembrandt

Banned
With all of the collectibles, I really wish they had some in-game way of finding them without having to have my tablet open with maps and screenshots to tell me where parts/scraps/paintings/etc are. Even something as simple as a "somewhere in this area" circle like they do on some of the missions.

The garage/impound thing still pisses me off. I can maybe see it on cars that are stolen, but on stuff that I buy legitimately? Those should be perma-stored in the garages just like your character's standard car.. if you leave it somewhere or it's destroyed (which is inevitable), then it just reappears in the garage a short time later. The game can already do this, because it works with aircraft. I crash my choppers all the time, and they're always back at the helipad the next time I go there (Franklin's stolen choppers, not Trevor's story chopper).

Minor gripes in the grand scheme of things.. I've already put a shitton of hours into the game and I'm not even done with the story yet, much less all the side activities.

I wouldn't complain about that, especially with how out there some of these collectibles are. I can understand finding the peyote on Mtn Chiliad on your own, but I have no idea how people stumbled upon the rest.

todahawk

Ok. I will give it a try. I hate not being able to complete a mission. I hate my god damn disability. Thank you for the tips.

No problem.
Also, did you know you can switch shooting in vehicles to just L1 in stead of L1 to aim and R1 to shoot? It's in the control options. That might help.

With all of the collectibles, I really wish they had some in-game way of finding them without having to have my tablet open with maps and screenshots to tell me where parts/scraps/paintings/etc are. Even something as simple as a "somewhere in this area" circle like they do on some of the missions.

Well, that exists for some items such as the pot van missions. But the whole point of some of the collectable missions for people that want to explore the whole world as a challenge and thus giving such hints would make it too easy (such as the spaceship parts and letters). Either that or they are Easter eggs that are meant to be hidden (like the Peyote).

But I do think they have too many of such unguided collectables and more of them should have some guidance.

Perhaps they should have a "Some XXXX collectables are still in these neighborhoods: " list for a simplified collectable.

hunchback

No problem.
Also, did you know you can switch shooting in vehicles to just L1 in stead of L1 to aim and R1 to shoot? It's in the control options. That might help.

I will try that. I must have missed it because I did change controls. I have to wait a few day's unfortunately. I destroyed my hands trying so much. Thank you very much and Happy Thanksgiving.

todahawk

I will try that. I must have missed it because I did change controls. I have to wait a few day's unfortunately. I destroyed my hands trying so much. Thank you very much and Happy Thanksgiving.

No prob and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Don't hesitate to post if you have more questions :)

Megasoum

Banned
No problem.

Oh I didn't know that... I'll have to check it out.

That was the only thing, control wise, that was still bugging me.

I'm amazed at the amount of control customization they have in the new version.

todahawk

Oh I didn't know that... I'll have to check it out.

That was the only thing, control wise, that was still bugging me.

I'm amazed at the amount of control customization they have in the new version.

Yep, in the control settings look for 'driveby control type', it defaults to 'aim + fire' but you can switch it to just 'fire'.

++++++++++++++
Okay, I'm really bummed. The peyote plants don't respawn?
And now Franklin's garage off of the house won't open... WTF

hunchback

No prob and Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Don't hesitate to post if you have more questions :)

You, Sir are a life saver. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I finally figured out how to switch like you suggested. I finished the Father/Son mission. I think I got lucky though. Thank you again for your help.

N° 2048

Well, thankfully my PS4 never auto downloads updates in standby like it should (lol). I can do stock market glitch then update :)

todahawk

You, Sir are a life saver. I cannot thank you enough for your help. I finally figured out how to switch like you suggested. I finished the Father/Son mission. I think I got lucky though. Thank you again for your help.

Yeah, I just posted the specific setting after I recalled it wasn't the most obvious. Good to hear you got past it and glad to help!

The garage/impound thing still pisses me off. I can maybe see it on cars that are stolen, but on stuff that I buy legitimately? Those should be perma-stored in the garages just like your character's standard car.. if you leave it somewhere or it's destroyed (which is inevitable), then it just reappears in the garage a short time later. The game can already do this, because it works with aircraft. I crash my choppers all the time, and they're always back at the helipad the next time I go there (Franklin's stolen choppers, not Trevor's story chopper).

Minor gripes in the grand scheme of things.. I've already put a shitton of hours into the game and I'm not even done with the story yet, much less all the side activities.

Can't you use Franklin's dog to sniff for collectibles?

Furyous

I have to turn the game in for credit. I can't complete the Father/Son mission. It is impossible for me to shoot and drive. I have done the mission at least 25 time's. I have tried every control scheme available with different cameras. I fail every time. This really sucks because I was really enjoying the game. Before anyone says I suck, I'm a disabled gamer.

That mission sucks and took me too long to complete. The suicide in-game trick works so try that. Keep dying and eventually skip that section.

No, I did not mean it at as anything racist. I was just referencing how amazing the game is in that you simulate real things like a fire hose used against protesters which is something that occurs all across the planet by all kinds of police forces against all kinds of protesters. That is the only situation I know of where people use firehoses on humans.

Cool. I guess i was reading too into it. You cant be too sure these days especially on neogaf.

But yeah firetrucks, civil rights, and protesters took me right to 1960 imagery.

First person mode has really grown on me, driving in first person is amazing.

Still iffy on the gunplay though, it feels really off.

I don't like driving much in first person since I can't see the traffic on my sides but I love it when I crash the vehicle and the whole world goes spinning around outside the car.

First person mode has really grown on me, driving in first person is amazing.

Still iffy on the gunplay though, it feels really off.
Yeah the FPS stuff is great, unless you're trying to reverse park or drive the Duke O'Death :)

On the shooting controls, the huge dead zone means you can't make fine adjustments, which basically ruins the shooting. It's a shame after their previous gen games controlled quite well. I'm using partial assist at the moment after using free aim in the previous gen GTA games :(

Question: how does the monkey stuff (murals or graffiti I think?) actually work?

Yeah the FPS stuff is great, unless you're trying to reverse park or drive the Duke O'Death :)

On the shooting controls, the huge dead zone means you can't make fine adjustments, which basically ruins the shooting. It's a shame after their previous gen games controlled quite well. I'm using partial assist at the moment after using free aim in the previous gen GTA games :(

Question: how does the monkey stuff (murals or graffiti I think?) actually work?

You're supposed to photograph them all.
http://gta.wikia.com/Monkey_Mosaics

I think we can all agree that Rockstar continually botches car ownership. Somehow, 360/PS3 GTA games took a step back from even GTA San Andreas. What's especially frustrating is how other games like Saints Row got it right from the start of last generation. At least in San Andreas, you could find a car and stash it in one of your garages for later, and if you had all of the properties around the map that was pretty easy to store up a bunch of unique cars.

Then GTAIV came out and completely obliterated car ownership. Just... totally trashed the idea by eliminating garages and randomly spawning a shitty car in front of your residence... which made no sense to me. GTAIV did car management worse than any open world driving game ever made, worse than San Andreas, Vice City, and GTAIII.

GTAV improved things from GTAIV but still not up to snuff with even the basic system that Saints Row #1 had in 2007. Even if I knew Rockstar's system I wouldn't trust it. Can someone answer, if I buy a fancy car on one of those websites, it gets delivered to my garage, right? If I take that car out for a mission and leave it somewhere, is the car then gone? When GTAV came out this was super glitched up and didn't work and there was a lot of misinformation, and then GTA Online introduced a mostly working model of car ownership (still not very good, still not as good as Saints Row #1 in 2007, but better).. And so I'm confused how GTAV SP handles it.
Haven't read every page since but either to answer or just verify others if anyone else answered.

Cars parked in Garages, Safehouse parking spots, and Impounds will never disappear. They stay there forever*.

If you drive any car to a mission, and you cannot use it on a mission, it will always go to impound and stay there.

Some cars you can use on a mission. It depends on the mission. For example, during By The Book, it will always spawn the Bodhi for Trevor because he uses that on the mission but when you come out of the basement, technically your car will still be there -- you're just required to use it. The meet up for Blitz Play preparation also will spawn your Bodhi after the mission, even if you drove their in a different car. Three's Company, for example, forces you to even use certain clothes (normally missions will remember your customized clothes but that one forces T and F to always wear the same outfit, same for Ending C and some other missions).

Other missions let you use your car. Trevor Philips Industries let's you use your own car the whole mission. Heist 2 remembers your car to the very end (M and F drive off it whatever T was driving). Sometimes you need to use a trick... for example, Crystal Maze will despawn your car if you leave it at the 'vantage point' and then you're stuck with the ATV at the end. Even if you get back in your car and drive it closer to the house, it despawns. But I tested it like 10 times, and if you drive your car to the spot where the the ATV spawns, it actually remembers your car. I show this in this video here (should be no ads, I quickly turned them off for GAF). You can see that instead of the ATV, I tricked the game to keeping my Dubsta car there.

If you abandon a non-customized car, it disappears. But if you customize a car and abandon it, it will always go to the Impound.

If you give a car to someone, switch characters, it will remember that car unless, 1. you restart the game, 2. switch back to them and you get a Switch Scene which has a default car (e.g. Trevor chasing someone/getting chased will always have the Bodhi by default), 3. you start a mission.

Anyhow, there are ways to keep your cars safe, and once you know what works, what doesn't... it's pretty reliable to keep cars safe. I always keep the same cars all game... I'll get very unique cars that only spawn once and keep them in garages, use them on missions, etc for months and I've done this on maybe 8-9 playthroughs now.

But there's no general rule for using them on missions and you have to know from experience which missions or events can cause problems. Sadly. It's not optimum. I do like the cars get destroyed instead of infinitely respawning on a list (a la Sleeping Dogs) but I do wish you could change your personal car or manage 'Personal Cars' to decide which will currently appear for cut-scenes, etc.

*there were lots of Garage bugs for a month at PS3 release but I never saw one again for 11 months... until the PS4 release. There is a rare new Safehouse garage bug that seems to be related to spawning your Personal Vehicle and Saving... sometimes when your personal despawns and respawns , it'll make your garage car disappear. Also, sometimes if you Save near a Safehouse where your car in the parking spot would 'draw', and your reload the save, it'll disappear... and it'll disappear every time you reload the game file..

But! if you reload the entire game by closing the app and relaunching it, it will remember your car! so... if you do lose a car in your garage, try that. don't use reload the save file. reload the game from scratch. that has worked for me..

and the new safehouse parking spot garage seems rare, I'm about 70 hours into the PS4 version so I've probably 'drove back' to my Safehouse over 100 times, so I've successfully had my car stored there safely at least 100 times. But I think... 5 times now, I've had it disappear. 3 times I could recover by restarting the game app. 2 times I could not.

IMACOMPUTA

Check some online mission lists to see what the payout is. Find a mission that's a good combination of short with a decent payout and do it a bunch. Or get into some races, they can be worth a bunch........

How do you do missions a bunch? Can't you only do them once and then you have to wait for it to come around again?

matmat271

Neo Member
Well, thankfully my PS4 never auto downloads updates in standby like it should (lol). I can do stock market glitch then update :)

I ask myself if the auto download doesn't start at a specified time. For exemple, i noticed my PS4 has downloaded The new Battlefield 4 DLC at 4:00 am (in France) after it was released.

Just picked up a PS4 with GTAV and wanted to know if its too late to get all the bonus content for single player for returning players. I have a PS3 version of GTAV lying around somewhere, but never got round to playing it, primarily because of the announcement of the game for the new consoles. The murder mystery, railgun etc. all sound pretty good, so how exactly do I go about getting those? Do I need a save from the PS3 version or do I need to have created a character in GTA:Online? I'm hoping it's not too late and it wasn't some kind of pre-release thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Just picked up a PS4 with GTAV and wanted to know if its too late to get all the bonus content for single player for returning players. I have a PS3 version of GTAV lying around somewhere, but never got round to playing it, primarily because of the announcement of the game for the new consoles. The murder mystery, railgun etc. all sound pretty good, so how exactly do I go about getting those? Do I need a save from the PS3 version or do I need to have created a character in GTA:Online? I'm hoping it's not too late and it wasn't some kind of pre-release thing. Any help would be appreciated.

It's not too late. Create a Social Club account in RockStar website. Get on to GTA: Online on your PS3. Link your PSN account to your Rockstar Social Club account. Start the PS4 version with that same PSN account and will you should get the bonuses. Those single player ones doesn't just land on your lap. You gotta find them around in the city.

BigDug13

If chop is riding with you, he's supposed to bark when you're near collectibles. Then if you get out of the car, he'll guide you to it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Damn Rockstar got me listening to music I'd never have listened to.

I've been listening to Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Backstreet Boys, Lorde

My favourite radio station is nonstop pop fm...ain't ashamed to admit it!

I kinda listen to a lot of rock/metal/punk but the songs in V aren't that great. alright some good rock songs.

reminder

I just noticed, that the "CONFIRMED" song Radar Love from Golden Earring still isn't in the game. I hate fake updates just because someone got the game early and another person claims to have heard this song in one of the streams. I was really looking forward to finally hear this song in the game, after previews of the PS3/360 versions back then already mentioned this song...

Edit: and wasn't there a Kavinsky song "CONFIRMED", too? Damn...

How do you do missions a bunch? Can't you only do them once and then you have to wait for it to come around again?

When the vote screen comes up, after you completed the mission, one of the voting options is replay. Vote for that one and if you're solo, it will replay that mission. If you're not solo, others will need to vote for it too.

Top Bottom