• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Risgroo

Anyone else getting some major stuttering a few times a minute or so? I didn't notice it the last time I played, but now it's really annoying. It's enough to make me lose control when I'm driving.
I downloaded a patch a few hours ago, maybe that's the cause?

Are some missions limited to once per game day? Maybe try a race or a different mission.
Missions can't be replayed. You can play them as many times as you want but you have to start them manually each time, because apparently disabling the replay button disrupts the flow of grinding to try and deter it.

todahawk

Missions can't be replayed. You can play them as many times as you want but you have to start them manually each time, because apparently disabling the replay button disrupts the flow of grinding to try and deter it.

Drives me nuts, give us the damn heists but don't stop stuff like that if people want to. What does it hurt? Oh, R* sells in game money?

Any way I can transfer money between characters? Trevor is so poor compare to Michael & Franklin and the glitch is gone.

Unfortunately, no. Have you already completed Lester's assassination missions? Those and BAWSAQ trading will be your best bet for making money without the glitch. When you're done playing for the night, invest all your money in 3 or 4 different companies on seperate save files. Also keep a save with nothing invested, in case they all go down. The next day, load the save with the highest gains and sell. Rinse, repeat. PIS is usually a good one.

Maddocks

Quick question. Is the trade in for 30 dollar thing still going on at target and other stores is that already finished? I just got a ps4 because of black friday and didn't do the trade in sooner because I never knew if I would actually get lucky enough to score one today.

Anyone else find flying in planes/helicopters hard in first person view?
No way! I've been driving vehicles in first person for a while, and the new view is really incredible. It's taken some getting used to, but I am tearing ass around with the Besra and Vestra and stunt prop plane with no problems. Just do it more, and then do it some more!

Besra Action.

The above video was the first one I did for this gen GTA. I learned, Sharefactory has no place in GTA vids...too long on the startup..
Dang, missed the glitch. Some of the property is so expensive, is it feasible to own it all without the glitch?
Yes! Do the Lester assasination missions where you can manipulate the stock market. Regardless of it being "nerfed" or not, it's still one of the better ways of increasing your bank roll.

You could always play the stock market for real, using the Bawsaq, but that is a time sink. I took the time one night, made a lucky investment of 20-30 mil a char, and got a 370% ROI overnight. I had been trying to work the LCN market for at least a month prior to this, so I was flipping out when I saw the hundreds of millions pour into my account when I sold everything.

Daffy Duck

The first plane mission with Trevor was a nightmare for me, I had to switch to the TP view.

Guess I just need to spend more time flying.

todahawk

No way! I've been driving vehicles in first person for a while, and the new view is really incredible. It's taken some getting used to, but I am tearing ass around with the Besra and Vestra and stunt prop plane with no problems. Just do it more, and then do it some more!

Besra Action.

The above video was the first one I did for this gen GTA. I learned, Sharefactory has no place in GTA vids...too long on the startup..

Yes! Do the Lester assasination missions where you can manipulate the stock market. Regardless of it being "nerfed" or not, it's still one of the better ways of increasing your bank roll.

You could always play the stock market for real, using the Bawsaq, but that is a time sink. I took the time one night, made a lucky investment of 20-30 mil a char, and got a 370% ROI overnight. I had been trying to work the LCN market for at least a month prior to this, so I was flipping out when I saw the hundreds of millions pour into my account when I sold everything.

Ha, nice vid! Danger Zone by Loggins would've been a perfect background track for that clip...

Ha, nice vid! Danger Zone by Loggins would've been a perfect background track for that clip...
DadadadadadaDANGA ZONE!

If only, and thanks :D Wish I would have ejected a second earlier, but I don't think I could've aimed better with that plane. Here's a question - I have yet to try the USB audio with this game, would the audio you play be captured in the video if you record or stream?

Alll righty then. I just cleaned out every single PS4 Gaf Crew request. People, please please remember to message me on the Social Club, or on Gaf with your Social Club name! For me, it's easier to go through the website.

I *may* have accepted a rando or two...just stating that now...

Edit: boom, DP saving. Oh well. I REGRET NOTHIIIIIIIIIING

Some people in the other thread were saying trees are moving outside of the city. So far I haven't seen any. Is this a bug or a downgrade? Foliage is moving at least. *g

Tigress

A couple of short clips from today:

Traffic density

...Really?

I'm going to be honest here, in the "really?" clip I was kinda hoping the motorcycle would fall on your head cause that would have been the ultimate insult (and hilarious).

(This is one reason I love GTA, dieing sometimes is just as fun as winning cause it can be totally hilarious).

Anyone else find flying in planes/helicopters hard in first person view?

Gotta agree here. I think I'm driving better (though maybe it's just cause the driving physics have changed) and I certainly think flying is easier honestly. I went under one of the small traffic bridges with the Viper (? The fighter jet) which I never could have done on the PS3 version (first person). Only sadness is you don't get to watch the stunt yourself if you do it first person. First person is fun to play but doesn't make for as good clips to show off (or even if you want to see how it looked like to everyone else). Would be a great addition if they made it so that you could watch the last so many minutes of gameplay in a different view than you played it (MS Flight Sim actually lets you do that).

BTW, how do you make sure your snapmatic photos get put on social club. I took a good one of Trevor after I landed a leerjet on the dirt runway and ended up under a bridge (plane completely in tact though I forgot to put the gear down). But it's not up on social club so either it's buggy or I did something wrong (I did tell it to upload the phot).

Rembrandt

Banned
Some people in the other thread were saying trees are moving outside of the city. So far I haven't seen any. Is this a bug or a downgrade? Foliage is moving at least. *g

Who knows. I noticed it on the gtaforums last night and most people there were assuming it was a bug.

Alll righty then. I just cleaned out every single PS4 Gaf Crew request. People, please please remember to message me on the Social Club, or on Gaf with your Social Club name! For me, it's easier to go through the website.

I sent a message through Social Club. Should I also request a crew request?

BTW, how do you make sure your snapmatic photos get put on social club. I took a good one of Trevor after I landed a leerjet on the dirt runway and ended up under a bridge (plane completely in tact though I forgot to put the gear down). But it's not up on social club so either it's buggy or I did something wrong (I did tell it to upload the phot).
if you already selected the upload feature in game, then the next step would be to wait I guess :\ I dislike they took off the auto upload..but I guess server strain something something something..
I sent a message through Social Club. Should I also request a crew request?
Should not be necessary, I think I got you in my previous mass acceptance. Check out the Social Club, and if you still aren't in, send me one more PM and we will get it going.

I do know, if anyoneis a private type and only allows friends to view the profile, it will take some extra steps, as we have to become friends on the Social Club before I can invite you to the Crew.

Griss

This game is incredible so far. I love a good sandbox game, and have played tons over the last couple of years, but the king is back with this one. Such a palette cleanser after the seriously mixed GTAIV, too.

I just got to the first couple of Trevor missions, though, and the change in tone is crazy. I feel like they're still trying to be humorous with Trevor but it doesn't really work - he's too out there, too nasty, too violent. It's a mile away from the breezy, humorous capers of the other two characters. That said, I'm really interested to see where they take the Trevor story. Seems pretty clear that
Michael was the one to rat them out in the opening mission. I reckon one of these guys will kill the other before the end.

First person mode is an absolute revalation. I'm constantly flipping back and forth. And as for those 'sandbox stories' I have tons already, but I won't bore you with them.

Strong GOTY contender for me. (That is is a port counts.)

It is interesting to hear from several people now that Trevor is too violent/out there. It was also my initial impression, but after some time I started loving the guy. In the end this hate/love reaction made him even more memorable for me. One of the greatest characters in VG history.

Should not be necessary, I think I got you in my previous mass acceptance. Check out the Social Club, and if you still aren't in, send me one more PM and we will get it going.

I do know, if anyoneis a private type and only allows friends to view the profile, it will take some extra steps, as we have to become friends on the Social Club before I can invite you to the Crew.

I got it. Cheers!

Tigress

It is interesting to hear from several people now that Trevor is too violent/out there. It was also my initial impression, but after some time I started loving the guy. In the end this hate/love reaction made him even more memorable for me. One of the greatest characters in VG history.

I always liked him. I thought his attitude fit the game a lot more perfectly. It's a lot more fun to rampage in GTA when i feel like it fits the character's personality and I can truly rp him then when it feels like I'm doing something the character really wouldn't do just cause I want to rampage (but not the character). Plus he's just great for being able to act like a total asshole without really being an asshole to anyone.

Maybe it's just cause RP games are my favorite so I like feeling like I'm actually acting in line with the character.

Thanks for the invite.

http://youtu.be/3tXdGRVlE9s?list=UU8WBXXKD9KQKLa3HZrE9K6A

I just started the game, decide to shove some people and then this happens. I couldn't stop laughing.

Haha!

Yeah I'm in the same boat.

Trevor is my favourite charecter and the one I play the most of. In fact once the game was complete he is the only character that I choose to play purely because I feel his personality fo
fits the way that I play GTA.

Yes. I am a mass murdering, strip club visiting, prostitute tipping, psychotic, beer guzzling, abusive, rampaging sociopath.

In the game Ofc.

nampad

I just saw a cop killing a black guy in the street in broad daylight for seemingly nothing (some car accident or so). Damn this game is quite real.

Bumhead

Banned
How do you actually start the Merryweather Heist mission?

I have no mission markers available other than strangers with any character.

Anyone else getting some major stuttering a few times a minute or so? I didn't notice it the last time I played, but now it's really annoying. It's enough to make me lose control when I'm driving.
I downloaded a patch a few hours ago, maybe that's the cause?

make sure, if you get unexpected stuttering, that your console isn't busy with something else in the OS. Like downloading a game update or installing it, etc..

How do you actually start the Merryweather Heist mission?

I have no mission markers available other than strangers with any character.
Try to save at a safehouse and make the time pass a bit. If it doesn't work after once or twice, try to do it till about 2 or 3 days in-game have passed. (saving about 6 to 9 times)

Furyous

Do sharks interfere with any story missions? I want to know so I can skip those missions with the self destruct mission skip cheat.

I went to get the cargobob for the stealth mission and am scared a shark will ram the vehicle. Is it too late to restart the mission planning phase?

Griss

The only problem with Lamar is how dull he makes Franklin look by comparison. Franklin's an okay guy, and it's an okay voice acting performance, but Lamar just chews the screen up in every scene he's in so far. When 99% of video game characters are bland as hell, this is a very good problem to have.

Do sharks interfere with any story missions? I want to know so I can skip those missions with the self destruct mission skip cheat.

I went to get the cargobob for the stealth mission and am scared a shark will ram the vehicle. Is it too late to restart the mission planning phase?

Are you deathly afraid of sharks? Why not confront that fear in the game?

T Ghost

The only problem with Lamar is how dull he makes Franklin look by comparison. Franklin's an okay guy, and it's an okay voice acting performance, but Lamar just chews the screen up in every scene he's in so far. When 99% of video game characters are bland as hell, this is a very good problem to have.
Totally agree. I wish Lamar was playable and Franklin the support NPC. Would be way more fun.

Top Bottom