• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

WITHE1982

what does the Chicago thing mean?

It's a reference to a line delivered by Michael early in game "You forget a thousand things every day, make sure this is one of them."

...and a poke at Watch Dogs after the ad below.

watch_dogs_gta_5.jpg

I am very hyped for this, but also a bit envious of the first-timers. You guys are in for a absolute ride. Unspoiled by 720p and 20fps.

Scrawnton

My little brother is home from Japan and him and my other brother are getting this at midnight. So I felt compelled to take off work tomorrow so we can have a brotherly bonding day on some GTA V.

It's a reference to a line delivered by Michael early in game "You forget a thousand things every day, make sure this is one of them."

...and a poke at Watch Dogs after the ad below.
alright thanks. I thought maybe some people were complaining that gta never takes place in a city modeled after Chicago . (I live in Chicago and I genuinely like the city but I think the idea of a gta chicago is pretty unnecessary and boring)

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Kotaku have just posted an article showing why you should play this new version with some fantastic gifs.

l2j8quesf272eiq8t22e.gif

Man, my next gfy/gif megathread is going to be glorious as I get so inspired from seeing stuff like this and make up new stories.

New character to introduce in a 7-part story: The Slapper - an unidentified male in his 40s that walks up to women seemingly at random around all around Los Santos and slaps them hard in the face before running away.

How the hell am I going to endure this wait for the PC version? Dear god, someone help me. I can't go back to last gen.

B3N1

I had no intention to double dip but fuck it, these new songs...

I'll probably go full FPS for this as I already did the 100% on the 360.

Kaversmed

I initially had Far Cry 4 pre-ordered over this, but now I can't contain myself - buying this as well. Two new games in one day, I must be insane. :D

kev25b

Question for people who have the game: Can you tap triangle to leave the radio on as you exit a car? Like in IV

iFruit App on the PS Vita has something in settings call platform switcher where it has the PS3 and PS4 option to choose from. My PS3 box was checked so I unchecked it and checked the PS4. The iFruit app also has a new updated background pic of Los Santos. Time to check out my cars in my garage.

Yes, yes, yes, + Oculus Rift, vomit everywhere can't wait

Question for people who have the game: Can you tap triangle to leave the radio on as you exit a car? Like in IV
Nah the 'get out but leave car running' thing has been revamped a little, as far as I know you only leave the engine on if you get out when your character is in "on edge" mode, I.E with a wanted level, or just shot a weapon etc.

I think the game tries to notice what situation you're in and adapts how fast you do things based on the danger you might be in, in this case getting out of a car without shutting the door / turning off engine. But, yeah car radios can be heard from empty cars if you manage to do this, just that you can't tap triangle / Y any more to bail quickly.

Alienous

We should have a "Best pedestrian Bludgeoning" contest. We can even use PS4 and Xbox One's internal capture software. We could turn them into GIFs, maybe have categories ("Oldest person bludgeoned", "Fastest Bludgeoning", "Best group Bludgeoning").

Who's with me?

shmoglish

We should have a "Best pedestrian Bludgeoning" contest. We can even use PS4 and Xbox One's internal capture software. We could turn them into GIFs, maybe have categories ("Oldest person bludgeoned", "Fastest Bludgeoning", "Best group Bludgeoning").

Who's with me?

Sounds sick. Count me in!

Ensirius

Who's with me?

Well the media isn't, that's for sure.

-PXG-

Better graphics, new music and first person mode alone make this worth rebuying. I played the shit out of it last year. Can't wait to go back tomorrow

Top Bottom