• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

ekim

I'm born and living in Weimar, just going to university in Jena, but yeah wouldn't have thought to meet someone from this region here :D

internet-high-five.jpg

titel.gif

Wil348

Can I jump straight into GTA Online the first time I boot the game up? I can only play for an hour at 1AM, and even then I shouldn't be. My hype is too high though!

Soon as it turnded 12am the 500k bonus add on downloaded and installed instantly.

You hear all the cop chatter through the ps4's speaker and also phone calls. I had to turn the volume all the way down in settings because at default it was very loud ( and it was only on half way).

BokehKing

Banned
Wish we can go through the songs and make a custom station

Ugh that thread title is bad and hard to read (no disrespect op)

Can I jump straight into GTA Online the first time I boot the game up? I can only play for an hour at 1AM, and even then I shouldn't be. My hype is too high though!
You have to play to a certain point in the campaign before you get the option. It's only about 15-20 minutes in.
Spoilers:
you can go online after you take control of Franklin for the first time

ekim

goethe and schiller in an GTA thread, I've now seen it all!
Do you know if they break the street date regular there? Think they did the same with destiny.

Afaik Saturn does this most of the time. Once they get the delivery they will sell them unless they get it way earlier and as a plus, Gamestop also adjusts prices because of Saturn.

Does single player story progress transfer too, or only your online progress? I keep reading mixed answers on the forums with no sourcing.

Did last gen feature the following:?

Holding down the touch pad brings up a window where you can change clothes/hats/glasses, cycle through different GPS locations to navigate to, see mission info, etc.

Raptomex

wwwWHAT?

Is this confirmed? They've been saying for like a year that it's story progress too as long as your story is synced to Social Club.
I would like to see this source of information. If true, can you transfer from 360 to PS4? If not, I don't really mind beating it again.

FFFFFF

You can transfer save files from the previous version

One thing that frustrates us is when a publisher releases a new version of a pre-released game, but doesn't allow the ability to transfer our progress. Announced during the Sony E3 2014 press conference, you'll be able to port your Grand Theft Auto Online character and progress to the new game, then pick up right where you left off. Granted, you'll have to start Story Mode over again, but that's not entirely a bad thing. Plus, you can try a different character.

OMFGGGGGG

lem0n

Holding down the touch pad brings up a window where you can change clothes/hats/glasses, cycle through different GPS locations to navigate to, see mission info, etc.

Yeah there was a menu on GTAO that was mapped to Back/Select, I think. Had to hold it.

yes, it was first introduce for Online. But later was update into SP. Same button for switching camera angles, but instead you had to hold it in.

rainy_day

I have been waiting what seems like forever to play this game! I told myself to hold off until next gen release because I know I like to revisit the single player.

Glad I waited but it was really challenging!

Raptomex

I have been waiting what seems like forever to play this game! I told myself to hold off until next gen release because I know I like to revisit the single player.

I'm double-dipping and I'm super excited. I'm not a multiplayer guy but I can spend endless amounts of time in Rockstar's worlds. This FPS mode adds like a whole new depth. I can't wait.

I almost resisted the urge to pick this up on launch since I played GTA V extensively on PS3, but these gifs and everything dragged me right back in.

Lulu23

Stores in [...]Germany are selling it right now it seems.

It's gotten to the point where German retailers (specifically MediaMarkt and Saturn) aren't really giving a crap about street dates anymore.
I can't remember a time where I couldn't walk in and grab a game from the shelve on monday that was supposed to be a tuesday release.

So, have you German guys seen any deal where you trade in your last gen copy of GTA V for the new version? OldenburgGAF here

-SD-

Banned
Someone please take a FPV pic of this location shown in the debut trailer 3 years ago. Want to see how this version compares. Position, view point, time of day etc. as close as possible, kthx.

v-en_us-trailer1-12806cu6i.png

quickwhips

Argh I'm so tempted to Preload on PS4 but I keep thinking I should wait since I'm still playing Destiny MP. Hawkmoon is soooo good. How is the multiplayer in this? Can you do races like in GTA 4?

kitzkozan

You can say that again lol. In fact, I bought the Xbox 360 version last year, but ended up selling it back brand new to further fund my PS4 purchase. XD It was worth it anyway since I had pre-ordered it with a discount. I told myself that it was a very ambitious game which wasn't a good fit for the old gen consoles given the technical hiccups. Playing on newer consoles or PC is how the game was made to be played. :]

Strider

Pretty hyped to replay this again... And I will be picking the right ending this time. I messed up on my first play through lol

I've had gta 5 since friday on Xbox one. Single player was fine until the day one patch released last night! Now can't even load the game!!! Crashes to dashboard right after launching. Another broken game. I'm not the only one having these issues!!

ST3K3LLY

Banned
Is this thing really £55 on digital compared to £40 physical? I definitely want this digitally but not paying £15 more!

Top Bottom