• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gta V on ps4 13th june 2014, listed on czech store mistake or real?

Has there EVER been a case of a retail store having inside info and posting pre-orders before it was made public? And I'm not talking about cases where they've just assumed a port was coming and put up a product-ID for the hell of it.

Haines

Banned
Well, we know the PC version is inevitable, but I'm not yet convinced of a next-gen version. I can understand them not wanting to cut into their early sales numbers by announcing for next-gen, but those days are past, I think they would have said something by now.

I put a lot of time into that game, and I'm not sure if I want do so again. So it might depends on what kind of upgrade path they have, and whether you can port your saves over (which seems possible, since the game's already linked to their website).

R* does hype like no other. Prob waiting til they can release a sick trailer of it finished. gtav is a game that will benefit greatly from next gen hardware, make massive sales and let R* tinker with next gen safely and easily. It's a no brainier.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I hope this is true be perfect release date. Makes sense be done around time as the PC port. Day 1 purchase for me since never finished it up on current gen damn diablo 3 addiction.

GMG had a 25% off code for like a week, dude. You didn't hear about it?

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

Has Rockstar got a title for this year? May-June is still empty.

Austin Powers Mojo Rally?

On a serious note, it's hard to predict if they will launch something new this year.

2010 - Red Dead Redemption / GTA IV The Ballad of Gay Tony
2011 - LA Noire
2012 - Max Payne 3
2013 - GTA V
2014 - ?

I think an expansion to GTA V might be a bit close to the original release still, plus the PC version isn't even out yet. We haven't heard anything from San Diego studios in a while, but I can't imagine a late campaign for a new title in May-June. Maybe an October release for them could work.

My money is either on San Diego's new project this year, but you never know. Transitioning to new consoles and knowing how much effort R* spends on asset creation and world building, their new titles will probably be taking a while to come out.

Has any foreign site ever gotten a release date correct?
Let me answer my own question, No. They never have and they never will.
I would take stock advice from a Gaffer in OT before I bet on a release date from a foreign video game website, and you can take that to the bank.

Codeblew

There is no way some retail chain is going to get a release date before it is announce officially. I mean, come on...

Hip Hop

Id rebuy it, but its def. not happening.

Why not?

They'd spent one of the biggest budgets in the industry for a game, I'm sure they want to squeeze as much money as possible out of it.

Why stop at last gen, when your game could continue to be a long term seller on next gen consoles?

32 million copies on ps3 and xbox 360 alone. They'd be crazy not to hit PC and PS4 and XB1. Damn thing will sell 50 million by the time it's been on the market two years.

Id rebuy it, but its def. not happening.

Psst: Retailers don't make those box arts. Publishers have to manually send them in.

We had our game accidentally listed once on Amazon for a few hours before it was announced, but we had it pulled before any news site caught it, thanks to some sharp producers.

Worten, a portuguese retail store, has confirmed that will sell GTA V for PS4:

http://www.eurogamer.pt/articles/2014-03-03-worten-confirma-que-vendera-gta-v-para-a-ps4 June 13 GTAV for PS4 and XB1

jpg
June is also E3 where Microsoft is making a big announcement, June FCC mandate for cable companies to support DVR - DLNA CVP2 and Spring when Dish releases it's PS4 and PS3 DLNA CVP2 HTML5 app.

June - September is when casual and STB features should be in Game Console advertising. IF I am reading DLNA news properly then Sony and Microsoft may have a 5+ month lead before cheaper China STBs and cheaper Smart TVs hit the market.

I have a terrible track record for when features are implemented in game consoles but a better than average (80%) in the features and how they will be supported (HTML5 <Video>). http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=105368480&postcount=82

Why, oh why would anyone bump this? It's torture!
GTAV on the PS3 is almost Burnout Paradise on steroids and I am assuming that GTAV on the PS4 will be Burnout Paradise on steroids with the GTAV on-line equal to the on-line Shooters in popularity for a more casual crowd if they can get a version with a language censor. Honestly I have no problem with running people over and blood spurts but cringe at the language. <grin>

As a suggestion perhaps the PS4 version could use a Move accessory as a gun cause it's no fun being killed over and over by kids because I'm too old to use a controller as well as kids. Tanks running down streets shooting at on-line players as well as grenades being tossed at me is somewhat fun the first few times and I am hoping I will eventually get a tank to allow me protection and time to kill the kids before they get me.

Anteater

Would be good timing if it comes out in June, just beat gta4 and going through episodes from liberty city, probably going to take a break after beating them.

Hope it's a good port this time

Top Bottom