• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Nuuvem Pre order $35

Carlius

Banned
Boxart-GTAV-PC.jpg

GTA V is $35 on Nuuvem. I have used them many times and they have never failed me. Do not know about the region locking since I am in Argentina.

$35 GTA V PC

NOTE: Thanks Dr.Teflon for cathing this.

"Warning: keys will be only activated on Rockstar Games Social Club"

Varaladis

Just got an email about that. Not going to preorder but it's good to know it's there after we see how the game runs

DrTeflon

Just a quick reminder: These are not steam keys

"Atenção: Chaves serão ativadas no Rockstar Games Social Club somente!"

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Just a quick reminder: These are not steam keys

"Atenção: Chaves serão ativadas no Rockstar Games Social Club somente!"

If it's not being sold from Steam, it probably won't be a Steam code

Guri

Hey, guys, I won't get the game (at least for the time being), but I think you should know it's not a Steam key. You activate it on the Rockstar Games Social Club. Also, if you pre-order before February 1st, you get:

$1.000.000 in-game ($500.000 for Grand Theft Auto V and $500.000 for GTA Online)
More $300.000 in-game as a GTA Online bonus.
Free Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC copy.

Wag

So when I try to put it in my cart I get a "not available in your region" message.

You guys think it would be safe to use Hola? I'm concerned it would be region locked.

The Argus

I guess I'm alone here, but I never had issues with the Social Club on PC and console. Live really sucked, but Social Club logins and the such were always smooth outside of GTA Online's first week. Max Payne 3 PC especially was drama free. That said I wouldn't buy this because maybe R* will throw an out of region tantrum.

dex3108

I guess I'm alone here, but I never had issues with the Social Club on PC and console. Live really sucked, but Social Club logins and the such were always smooth outside of GTA Online's first week. Max Payne 3 PC especially was drama free. That said I wouldn't buy this because maybe R* will throw an out of region tantrum.

R* servers will melt on day 1 so good luck downloading game from R*. This is their first game that offers download from their service and we all know what happens to new service with extremely popular games on release day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, the fact that GTAV will be the first game to be delivered via Social Club means we're in uncharted territory. Those taking advantage of the price may find themselves with a region-locked game, but that said, there's no BR-specific sub on Steam, which bodes well.

Edit: If people are willing to try their luck but aren't aware of how to get around Nuuvem's region-lock notice (which isn't overly reliable, but again, nobody will know whether or not the game is region-locked until it's released), use Hola or FlyVPN to purchase it. The latter will work if you encounter payment processing issues with the former.

SlickVic

So when I try to put it in my cart I get a "not available in your region" message.

You guys think it would be safe to use Hola? I'm concerned it would be region locked.

This thread was made in January originally so it's possible they put in the region locking for purchasing more recently. Not sure if there's going to be any region locking for the actual game though. Presumably people from the US already pre-ordered in January before this restriction came in place, so remains to be seen if they get a copy that works here.

Yeah, the fact that GTAV will be the first game to be delivered via Social Club means we're in uncharted territory.

It's not by a long shot. Both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire were delivered by Social Club, and you wouldn't get a Steam key unless bought from Steam or it was specifically noted as such on the product's Amazon/Nuuvem/whatever page. But you wouldn't see Steam versions sold on third party sites until after release, and even then that was back in the halcyon days of AmazonTony actually giving a shit about their digital games department, not whoever's in charge now.

What you SHOULD be worried about is how well GTAO's nerdcore is going to work on PC, because the Social Club networking for Max Payne 3 was... messy, to put it generously. I'm buying it for the single player, so whatever, but...

LilJoka

It's not by a long shot. Both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire were delivered by Social Club, and you wouldn't get a Steam key unless bought from Steam or it was specifically noted as such on the product's Amazon/Nuuvem/whatever page. But you wouldn't see Steam versions sold on third party sites until after release, and even then that was back in the halcyon days of AmazonTony actually giving a shit about their digital games department, not whoever's in charge now.

What you SHOULD be worried about is how well GTAO's nerdcore is going to work on PC, because the Social Club networking for Max Payne 3 was... messy, to put it generously. I'm buying it for the single player, so whatever, but...

Hmm so your thoughts on possible region lock from RSC?

LilJoka

Honestly surprised Rockstar hasn't region locked it. They usually throw tantrums when people don't do things their way.

The purchase is Geo IP locked, so currently you need a VPN/Hola to add it the cart like Origin Mexico/India store deals.

Then they will send a key that allows you to redeem on RSC to download the game. That's where my doubts lie. Would they implement another region check here, considering Max Payne and LA Noire didn't?

I think Nuuvem know what they're doing. They have listed region restrictions for other games. I don't think they want to deal with a bunch of refunds on launch day. I think they probably asked Rockstar. But it's pure speculation.

LilJoka

I think Nuuvem know what they're doing. They have listed region restrictions for other games. I don't think they want to deal with a bunch of refunds on launch day. I think they probably asked Rockstar. But it's pure speculation.

Thing is they state that they don't know region lock info for this particular game. Hence my doubts. But like you say maybe R* asked for Brazilian Geo IP lock so they didn't need to take responsibility of implementing region checking in RSC as keys could be region unlocked. Don't know what to do lol.

I'm getting not available in your region when I add it to cart
Method is:
Hola proxy extension for chrome, use Brazil or Argentina in Hola to add to cart, before PayPal login disable proxy and continue without proxy till paid.

Xyber

Doesn't matter where you get them, it will still fire up Social Club to launch the game.

It's been quite some time since I played MP3 now, but didn't that game just have the Social Club login before you got to the main menu? No additional launcher with the Steam version. Don't see why this would be any different then.

I'm getting not available in your region when I add it to cart Im from the US

Have to use a VPN, I recommend the extension Hola. If you get any problems with that you can try FlyVPN. But that's a bit more work.

Compsiox

Banned
It's been quite some time since I played MP3 now, but didn't that game just have the Social Club login before you got to the main menu? No additional launcher with the Steam version. Don't see why this would be any different then.

Have to use a VPN, I recommend the extension Hola. If you get any problems with that you can try FlyVPN. But that's a bit more work.

I was going to use a VPN but would I have to use one to activate the game when I get the code? or is it only required to purchase it?

LilJoka

Anyone know what their support/refunds are like? Maybe it's worth taking the risk if we can get a refund if it turns out to be locked. R*s own page also say no region lock information currently for PC.

Aselith

Anyone know what their support/refunds are like? Maybe it's worth taking the risk if we can get a refund if it turns out to be locked. R*s own page also say no region lock information currently for PC.

I sincerely doubt it if you have to use a VPN to tunnel in to buy it. They gave you a fair chance to avoid the situation and you worked around it to screw your own self if it happens.

Hmm so your thoughts on possible region lock from RSC?

I'm honestly not familiar with how region locking works outside of Steam - I have bought from Nuuvem before, but only Steamworks games. If it were a Steam key, I'd jump right in. Otherwise... well, I can't advise for or against.

jediyoshi

I sincerely doubt it if you have to use a VPN to tunnel in to buy it. They gave you a fair chance to avoid the situation and you worked around it to screw your own self if it happens.

Actually, assuming you're requesting a refund before the key is issued out to you, they don't really give two shits. You can get a refund through twitter by just giving them your order number. And they'll respond in English.

LilJoka

Actually, assuming you're requesting a refund before the key is issued out to you, they don't really give two shits. You can get a refund through twitter by just giving them your order number. And they'll respond in English.

And if we still have no clue on region lock till right before release and the key is issued to us with a region lock?
Can't we just say that we want a refund since the region lock wasn't advertised like the rest of their region locked titles?

iNvid02

i'll give it a go, hopefully its not locked at all, or can just be sidestepped by activating it over vpn initially.

....next month

*enters lobby*
everyone speaking russian

maybe i should try and download max payne 3 again through R* SC to see if its still the same process.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not by a long shot. Both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire were delivered by Social Club, and you wouldn't get a Steam key unless bought from Steam or it was specifically noted as such on the product's Amazon/Nuuvem/whatever page.

Max Payne 3 and LA Noire were downloaded through Social Club?

Top Bottom