• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC Nuuvem Pre order $35

dlauv

I really liked this deal, but if I can't open it through Steam then I don't want it. I've been supporting this site like crazy though. Viva la Brasil.

Mortal Kombat X is going for a similar price and is on steam on the same site tho.

Seanspeed

Banned
Its so bad that I'm almost willing to pay the extra $30 on Steam just so I can have my hours played recorded and to take screenshots without requiring FRAPS.

Don't know what to do....any other potential benefits to having the game on Steam?

kudoboi

If it's not being sold from Steam, it probably won't be a Steam code

its a little weird considering their physical copies are (allegedly) using steam codes.

can't find the picture now but i saw it posted here and on reddit a while back.

ViviOggi

Its so bad that I'm almost willing to pay the extra $30 on Steam just so I can have my hours played recorded and to take screenshots without requiring FRAPS.

Don't know what to do....any other potential benefits to having the game on Steam?
Adding it to Steam manually lets you take screenshots regardless, so you'd only miss out on the play time recording and Steam achievements.

Xyber

The benefit of not having yet another client for a single game too. That was really the main reason why I got it there, I used TF2 keys so it ended up being 50 instead of 60€ at least. But it's too late for that now if you want the pre-order bonus since keys are locked from trading for 1 week.

jediyoshi

Not having to remember another website interface, account login, and setup process for a single game in the future. Though, adding the game as a shortcut to Steam lets you use the overlay with it, so screenshots could still be taken and Steam streaming used.

Seanspeed

Banned
Adding it to Steam manually lets you take screenshots regardless, so you'd only miss out on the play time recording and Steam achievements.
Doesn't the overlay/screenshot functionality not work with a lot of manually added games? I thought I remember hearing people having trouble with it at times.

Price on Steam is twice as much as other places. I like Steam, but there are limits. And you have to deal with the Social Club garbage either way.

That being said, I'm not even considering preorder until I see a thorough review of performance over a range of hardware. I have no faith in Rockstars ability to develop an optimized PC game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yes, if you didn't buy Steam copies.

I can't find any evidence of that being the case. LA Noire and Max Payne 3 as originally sold on GMG were downloaded through Capsule, for example:

Even "grey market" key resellers selling keys from physical copies mention that they need to be used with the game's installer.

roytheone

Just jumped on this deal. Converted to euro's, it was € 26,44, while on steam it costs € 59,99. I would have liked it on steam, but paying more than double for that is too far.

Doesn't the overlay/screenshot functionality not work with a lot of manually added games? I thought I remember hearing people having trouble with it at times.

The only non-steam game where I have trouble with the steam overlay are games that use their own overlays, like origin games or Uplay games. But that is often fixed by disabling the other overlay. The only game that gave me a lot of trouble on that front was far cry 3, where disabling the Uplay overlay caused mouse and keyboard controls to stop working. But that was the exception.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
its a little weird considering their physical copies are (allegedly) using steam codes.

can't find the picture now but i saw it posted here and on reddit a while back.

Hmm, I thought they were not Steam codes? Well, I'm assuming but it doesn't seem to make sense if they are for this release

Sarcasm

Nuuvem sells a lot of Steam codes, most of their library (except for ubisoft titles and such) are steam codes, region locked though.

Specifically states if its steam code. Like this:

Este conteúdo utiliza Steamworks e requer o aplicativo STEAM para ativação, download e instalação.

And region blocked for that matter.

REGION LOCKED: Este jogo NÃO pode ser jogado fora do Brasil

For those wanting to buy you need to use a VPN til you log into paypal, than discount and buy.

CHEEVOOOS! +1 to game count. If you haven't even boughten the game on console the price is fine. Also before 31st you get the money ingame in steam. Dunno if that applies to the non steam versions (GMG, Nuuvem).

And its not like you spend gobs of money on games anywho.

MUnited83

For you.
It works fine for most games. Only games that require other overlay(like Uplay or original) might have issues. I've even taken screenshots on vários emulators without issues.

Zafir

I can't find any evidence of that being the case. LA Noire and Max Payne 3 as originally sold on GMG were downloaded through Capsule, for example:

Even "grey market" key resellers selling keys from physical copies mention that they need to be used with the game's installer.
It was definitely just a mediocre game launcher, not a kind of manager that allows you to download the game. I had to dig out my disks every time I wanted to reinstall Max Payne 3. Got pretty damn annoying after a while, I eventually just bought a Steam copy.

That said, I'd hope they'd have improved it by now.

Seanspeed

Banned
CHEEVOOOS! +1 to game count. If you haven't even boughten the game on console the price is fine. Also before 31st you get the money ingame in steam. Dunno if that applies to the non steam versions (GMG, Nuuvem).

And its not like you spend gobs of money on games anywho.
I don't care about acheivements. Not worried about the pre order bonus money, either.

I'll look into it, though. I think I'd rather save money.

The only non-steam game where I have trouble with the steam overlay are games that use their own overlays, like origin games or Uplay games. But that is often fixed by disabling the other overlay.

It works fine for most games. Only games that require other overlay(like Uplay or original) might have issues. I've even taken screenshots on vários emulators without issues.
Ok, that sounds good then.

Thanks.

Wag

Eh, I did it anyways. If it turns out the key is locked in the US I'll try and get a refund, if not I'll just sell it on eBay.

Sarcasm

Oh I like cheap things, but I am also lazy as heck. Last thing I bought was 100% OJ DLC for 2 dollars.

The last biggest purchase I made was VC for ten.

I don't remember spending over 10 on a game in months...maybe years.

** welp June 2014 I bought state of decay + DLC for 12 -.-

wait wow lol

22 Dec, 2012 $18.79Purchase

Dead Island GOTY, Dawn of War Franchise Pack, Dungeon Defenders Anniversary Pack

can anyone still pre order from here? I'm getting "not available in your region" message. Apparently it's $29 now after the 10% discount

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
can anyone still pre order from here? I'm getting "not available in your region" message. Apparently it's $29 now after the 10% discount
Edit: If people are willing to try their luck but aren't aware of how to get around Nuuvem's region-lock notice (which isn't overly reliable, but again, nobody will know whether or not the game is region-locked until it's released), use Hola or FlyVPN to purchase it. The latter will work if you encounter payment processing issues with the former.

LilJoka

Contacted nuuvem saying I'm buying in Brazil and want to activate whilst on holiday

First I got a generic response

Since we are only authorized to sell GTA V in South America, we can only grant that the game will work in this region, even if the game may work outside South America. So in order to avoid any issues with region locked, I recommend that you purchase this game on a local store in your country.

Additionally, don't use proxy, VPN or any other ways to avoid the GeoIP restriction applied to the purchase on Nuuvem, because we'll not be able to help you if you experience any problems on redeeming the key due to region locked.

Then I tried again

If you make your purchase in Brazil, you'll only be authorized to play this game in Brazil. We'll not help if you experience any issues due to region locking.

Top Bottom