• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - Releasing September 17th, 2013

UrbanRats

Also FUCKING SEPTEMBER... Goddamnit i knew it.
mann.. fucking R*...

iDAqriQSH2tGc.gif

PC Version in 2014 if we're lucky, then.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Feck.

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,
The GTA Team

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

Fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

My heart was set on playing this by May, now I have to knock this out before the next gen consoles come out.

dreamfall

There was no way this was coming in March. Or May- it seemed way too quick. I'm okay with September!

The wait will be difficult!

Dipswitch

Right before next gen consoles get released. There's a risk there that whatever is shown at E3 will make it look a bit dated. It's a juggernaut though, so don't expect that to have much, if any impact.

Also, I continue to find it refreshing to see publishers do the right thing for the product and move it back if needs be. Too much shit shoveled out the door these days to meet deadlines.

Volotaire

Interesting

Seems like a terrible time given the next gen launch likely a month or two away from them

Nah, there is already a large install base on the other consoles, and the new consoles will probably cost about $400 barring any subscription fee models, therefore a small install base at the start of their cycles.

Moreover, its Grand Theft Auto 5, the name alone will carry the sales along.

Derrick01

Banned
They may as well get the next gen console announcements out of the way now too so I can just put my preorder on the PS4 version.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
One last hurrah before supposed next-gen hits? lol.

Still, worst thing is going to be how long till we get a next-gen GTA, still, here's hoping we don't wait for a Red Dead sequel of some sort or something.

Probably for the best. May needs to be dedicated to The Last of Us anyway.

If anything that is lucky for The Last of Us, GTA is the type of franchise that takes over everything for a while, I personally wouldn't want a new IP going up against a new GTA game.

If anything that is lucky for The Last of Us, GTA is the type of franchise that takes over everything for a while, I personally wouldn't want a new IP going up against a new GTA game.

Sony likely knew GTAV's date which is why they were comfortable with May. No way would they release something like TLoU in the same month as GTA.

rouken

Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,
The GTA Team

typical gta delay. :(

but no trailer or any media makes the apology invalid

Top Bottom