• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - Releasing September 17th, 2013

dreamfall

Yesterday would have been ideal.

Pretty much.

I remember all those October dates for GTA's of last generation. I was ready for a later release- it just didn't seem to add up to release it so soon.

Summer would have been perfect. But I can wait. TBOGT playthrough number a zillion, commence!

Fjordson

Fuckin' hell. That's a surprisingly big delay. I mean I'm glad they're taking their time but...shit man. Would have been great to have this right before summer in May =[

Also, I have to echo those wondering if this could hurt their sales. I mean obviously GTA V isn't going to bomb, but will it still be the biggest game in town come September? Maybe not.

damnit! :D well, as long as they make it good!

was hoping for it to release this spring already before ALL of next gen looming over us.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How is it a delay when they never announced a release date? Or did they miss the internal launch window they had planned? Whatever it is, I can wait.

I suspect the delay is because they will port it over to the next gen consoles. Cross-Gen game.

Would be awesome if it really happened. But would they make the money they spent to port it back in sales?

Would be great If the first gameplay we saw would be the next gen version though, imagine this at full 1080p 60fps with a bump in fidelity...

Wonder if MS or Sony trot this out for E3?

Who's getting the exclusives this time?

Also, man it would be weird if one or both of the consoles launched without backwards compatibility and you couldn't play this on them.

bud23

Fall is the perfect time to launch a GTA. I don´t want to play an unfinished and buggy game. Take your time, Rockstar. I´m sure that the wait will be worth it.

GeoramA

So more than 5 years after GTA IV.

While we got GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas in a span of 3 years. Hate this generation.

ironcreed

Banned
Damn, what a let down. Will be worth it in the end, I guess. Looking like there will be a nice big drought come summer as well. At least I will be able to catch up my backlog some.

Fjordson

How is it a delay when they never announced a release date? Or did they miss the internal launch window they had planned?
Eh, it's technically a delay I think. They've been saying "Spring 2013" with all of their recent media. The GameStop hear me has a few of those cardboard display things that say "Preorder Now - Spring 2013".

Edit: beaten badly. Stupid iPhone keyboard.

rouken

How is it a delay when they never announced a release date? Or did they miss the internal launch window they had planned? Whatever it is, I can wait.

they're already accepting pre orders for a spring 2013 release. but no media being released really screams that they're not that ready. not even a boxart is ready

dc89

Woo! Day one!

Edit: rolling with the birthday theme, it's 3 days after my girlfriends birthday, and she's a GTA fan!

At least I'll have something to play at the tail end of the year. For me it was looking pretty barren. September wasn't what I was expecting though.

ekim

Would be awesome if it really happened. But would they make the money they spent to port it back in sales?

Would be great If the first gameplay we saw would be the next gen version though, imagine this at full 1080p 60fps with a bump in fidelity...

Depends on how complicated a port would be.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Well... I mean a lot of other Q2 games just breathed a huge sigh of relief. But wow, Rockstar is not a well run ship with the sheer amount of people/studios working on this.

SxP

That's a shame. But there are enough games in the first half of the year to make the wait bearable.

Top Bottom