• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

Skidd

Pedestrians calling the police after insulting/harassing them. (Right D-pad)

I walk up to a group of people on dirtbikes as Michael, at first Michael greets them. One of the guys tells me to buzz off, Michael says he's being a huge prick. Guy pulls out his phone and calls the police. I run off.

Jafku

One time I switched over to Trevor and he was a) riding down the highway on a scooter and b) tailing this other guy on a scooter shouting Hey Wait up Scooter brother! We are just taking this journey of life as scooter bro's!

SuperSah

Banned
When wearing the black suit for the
merryhill
heist, when drenched, it looks super shiny, sleek and wet.

So good.

After doing the last thing Trevor does before heading to Los Santos I entered the car on the passenger side. Instead of going around automatically or scooting over, Trevor throws Wade of of the car and he had ride on the tray the rest of the way.

wizzbang

Banned
The little details don't fucking end, they really don't.

I just got wet and walked - my shoes made a squelchy water sound until I dried out.
Get in a car and (as per all my posts) - drop to FPS view. Drive very slowly in a car park (I did it at the beach) - the wheels make that... grainy? noise - the noise real tires go where you can hear them on thicker asphalt (It might do this on all surfaces but only way to explain the noise)

This game is in-fucking-credible. I can't help but only play FPS view now - it's much much more realistic, it's a totally different (even better) game, seriously - more people should be doing this.
EDIT: go to the beach at night - there's groups of kids on the beach drinking around a fire hanging out - and different groups with different character models, saying different shit.

Oh and waves come in and out at the beach shore - I don't know if there's a tide yet - but waves actually flow - fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck
A random mocapped busker down the beach, strumming on his guitar.
Different people have different walking paces - fat people are slow, some skinnys are in a hurry.

MORE:
People playing tennis on their own (just watch them down the beach) - they miss shots, call out to each otehr and there's at least 2, possibly 3 or 4 sampled sounds for the ball hitting as well.
Also it doesn't just go across, they can hit the ball 'up' as well.
If you walk on to a ladder from straight on or partially to the side, there's 2 different animations - he kind of reaches around for it.

Artex

Banned
I noticed last night that when you shut off your car, the engine makes the clicking and 'ding' noises cars make as the engine is cooling.

I noticed Michael's flip-flops are not glued to his feet, they actually are totally flippity floppity.

Shooting around the gas tank will cause gas to leak underneath the car which you can then shoot and start a fire.

Gigarator

My car got pretty beat up, tried to put the roof down and the mechanism was busted. You could see it trying to work but then it gives up, amazing detail.

Artex

Banned
The world feels full of life, but the lack of interiors is really disappointing. There aren't even any fast food places that you can enter.

I agree. There aren't enough stores to rob. Also the game tells you to eat to regain health but here I am 30% complete with the game and I have no idea where to get food.

Anyone?

Bishop89

I agree. There aren't enough stores to rob. Also the game tells you to eat to regain health but here I am 30% complete with the game and I have no idea where to get food.

Anyone?
As far as I can tell its just vending machines and health packs which heal u

Wasp

Your character will actually press the car's horn when you press the horn button.
You can shoot out street lights and car headlights with a gun.
Shooting a manhole cover causes sparks like your bullet is hitting metal.
The radio sounds muffled when your car is submerged under water.
Characters also sound muffled if they talk to you inside a car and you're outside.
During cutscenes if a character sits on a cushion it will squash under them.
Rivers and streams have currents.
When you shoot birds out of the sky feathers fall off the bird when you shoot them.

UrbanRats

I love how suits' jackets and open shirts have cloth physics.
It's not as rare of a feature in open world games anymore (RDR, Mafia 2, Dragon's Dogma and Watch Dogs all have it) but it still make me very happy to see it become a standard.

Was driving around with chop in the passenger seat. When I finally parked, chop opened the door. I don't know why but I was blown away by that lol.

After (70%?)
Trevor moves for the second time
, I noticed he took the teddybear and strapped it to the front of his car. Maybe happened earlier, just I didn't notice.

Was gonna take a photo of it, but as I was waiting for the "scanning storage" to eventually fail, I heard someone getting into a car, and sure enough, a lady had decided to steal my car and then proceeded to run me down with it.

Was driving around with chop in the passenger seat. When I finally parked, chop opened the door. I don't know why but I was blown away by that lol.
The few times I've taken Chop with me, Franklin reaches over and opens the door for him. I thought that was a nice little detail.

sappyday

I like it that when you're on a firetruck and have the sirens on all the other AI drivers will move out of the way for you.

mazillion

two things that just amazed me.

1) i jacked a tank from the military base and got out of there taking a tank shot and a bunch of bullets. lost the cops and went to drive the tank into the city for some fun but i noticed that there was fluid leaking from the tank, and when i stopped the fluid made a puddle. i ignored it and drove for another 2 miles or so until the fluid started to stop leaking. when it stopped leaking the tank stalled out, shot out a lot of black smoke from the exhaust, and died. it was awesome. of course i made the best of it and sat there on the highway blowing up everything in sight going out in style.

2)another was when i decided to run down the subway tunnel underground from one station to another (don't recommend it you can't even sprint) but when the tunnel crossed under a huge highway on the surface you could actually hear the faint sound of what high speed traffic would make above. you could hear the earth rumbling from it. it really sounds like you're deep underground with the world above. amazing little detail.

matthieuC

I switched to trevor and he was throwing a guy off of a bridge. Then I switched to him later and he was tying a guy up the the support beam of a pier on the beach. Trevor is insane.

Recoil

two things that just amazed me.

1) i jacked a tank from the military base and got out of there taking a tank shot and a bunch of bullets. lost the cops and went to drive the tank into the city for some fun but i noticed that there was fluid leaking from the tank, and when i stopped the fluid made a puddle. i ignored it and drove for another 2 miles or so until the fluid started to stop leaking. when it stopped leaking the tank stalled out, shot out a lot of black smoke from the exhaust, and died. it was awesome. of course i made the best of it and sat there on the highway blowing up everything in sight going out in style.

Is there a parked tank somewhere, or did you jack a manned one?

sunnz

Coming out of the water ( sea, river) and when you walk around you leave wet spots on the ground, looks awesome.

Recoil

I caught one

The cars in this game actually have the correct drivetrains which you can see when you just spin the wheels in place (hold accelerate and brake at same time)

So the slow family cars and priuses = front wheel drive so when you spin the wheels you see the front tires spinning

the sports car are rear wheel drive so you see the rear wheels spinning

This too, has been bog standard in GTA and every other open-world game for nearly a decade.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Someone should make a separate thread that lists all of these or turn the original post into a massive list, perhaps with confirmed sources via YouTube or something. I can't help but think some of this is hyperbole what I've been reading cause I almost refuse to believe R* packed all that onto a disc, and STILL managed to keep the game looking beautiful with what sounds like a fully fleshed online experience on the horizon. What manner of sorcery is this??

whitehawk

Banned
- Pulled up to a place, went through the small cutscene. When I went to leave the house, the skidmarks that my car made pulling up were still there.
- Sometimes when I'm walking, the creases on the back of the guys shirt will change every step.
- People in cars giving me the finger when I hold up traffic.

I got in a bad crash, ended up with my car upside down and the door all busted, so when I pressed Triangle to get out Franklin actually kicked the door off its hinges.

Switched to Trevor to find him waking up from a drunken stupor on the top of Mt Gordo, wearing a dirty dress.

Enemies duck really realistically when they feel a bullet go whizzing past their heads. All their reactions are great, but that's the one I see the most because I'm always missing headshots :p

mazillion

Is there a parked tank somewhere, or did you jack a manned one?
manned one. i was lucky to have broken in a high speeds and i didn't get wanted until i got out of my police car right in front of the tank. so i got in before it fired at me. also body armor saved me from dying while entering the tank. people will be shooting at you. you could also buy a tank online i think

Ward

Haven't seen this one posted, read most of this thread.

There is a reference to the movie
Collateral.
I was driving a cab as Franklin after buying the taxi cab co. The company calls me and tells me to pick up a client. The guy has a conversation very similar to the Foxx- Cruise conversation in the movie and I take him to rob a jewelry store. The cops killed him on the way out as it all happened so fast. The cab co. called me to say the client was not satisfied.
I hate that I messed it up. Would like to know what happens if I succeed.

NeoGiff

Has anyone else noticed that the characters' hair actually grows back? I've had this hairstyle with Trevor since I gained control of him:

bYzw7rV2.jpg

Now the shaved sides are completely brown again, ergo his hair has started to grow back. Unfortunately I can't post an image of his hair at the moment due to the Social Club being down.

Artex

Banned
As far as I can tell its just vending machines and health packs which heal u

I don't recall ever seeing a vending machine. Why get rid of the Cluckin' Bells and Burger Shots though? Just more silly little stores to cause a ruckus in would be nice. All I've seen are convenience stores to rob, and I can't even rob the clothing stores. Also, are there any supermarkets or anything?

Solomon Spoiler:

So remember that first Solomon mission where you meet the two actors and have to helicopter them back to Solomon to make them apologize and whatnot?

Well, after that mission, I was doing the mission with Franklin where you steal the James Bond looking car from that studio location. When I hopped the fence to go steal the guys clothes to impersonate the actor, I saw those two guys filming. They were over by a green screen off to the right and they were doing a scene. After the scene the director yelled "CUT" and he told the one bad actor (the "phoned in" one) that he was terrible and they re-did it. I basically just stood there and watched them film for awhile.

Amazing that it came full circle.

If you're driving with no weapons you can press fire weapon in the car and they stick their hand out and throw the middle finger. I did this as franklin and every time he passed by someone he cussed them out.

Anyone?
I saw 1 or two 24/7s you can get food from. Check out your real map?

I usually call the ambulance and hop in to steal it. Bam full health, i dont know if you can pay them to heal ya like gtaIV, i havent figured that out yet.

wizzbang

Banned
Someone should make a separate thread that lists all of these or turn the original post into a massive list, perhaps with confirmed sources via YouTube or something. I can't help but think some of this is hyperbole what I've been reading cause I almost refuse to believe R* packed all that onto a disc, and STILL managed to keep the game looking beautiful with what sounds like a fully fleshed online experience on the horizon. What manner of sorcery is this??

I also would like a definitive list, I can tell you I've followed this thread and have seen everything people have said. The only thing that might be wrong is my theory on the stereo rumble controls, I need to check that again.

Anoesis

Neo Member
One person that I retrieved stolen wallet/money, sent me a text the next day giving me 100k in his company's stocky's stock

Rizsparky

I also would like a definitive list, I can tell you I've followed this thread and have seen everything people have said. The only thing that might be wrong is my theory on the stereo rumble controls, I need to check that again.

Im pretty sure the stereo vibration is true, I tried it yesterday, one side of my pad vibrated.

Top Bottom