• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

Symphonia

Banned
If you leave the driver's door opened on a car with the headlights on, I think you can hear a 'ding ding ding' sound coming from inside (not sure how it's called).
I know its all over America but whenever I hear that binging, I get reminded of Breaking Bad.

SuperSah

Banned
I was driving and a car which is hovering at least 3x the height flew past me.

I burst out laughing, what a cute glitch.

Vally

I like how in Vespucci Beach all the shutters are down at night

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Might have already been mentioned but pressing right on the d-pad when you're near a cop will make the characters say different shit than they would to a normal person. I did it with Trevor and I can't remember exactly what he said but it ended up with him getting BUSTED

karasu

The sound. When I'm wlking down the streets at night I hear the music from people's car radios as they drive by, brakes squealing at a red light, alarms off in the distance. It's awesome.

Bricky

The sound. When I'm wlking down the streets at night I hear the music from people's car radios as they drive by, brakes squealing at a red light, alarms off in the distance. It's awesome.

Yup, the sound design is awesome. There is also a sound (most of the times even multiple sounds) for pretty much anything that can happen to any material. From walking on a box to shooting a pillow. Impressive stuff. (By the way; I know this is more often seen in games, and those were two bad examples, but literally ANY material has a different sound here. It is taken to a whole new level. Have yet to find a copy-past sound effect in all of San Andreas)

And I also just a few seconds ago noticed a poster of (very light side-story spoiler)
Micheal's movie 'Meltdown'
is next to the door of his room after the missions related to it. Nice little touch.

wizzbang

Banned
I'm pretty sure you can't wear one at all. I saw someone mention (read: lie) that if you hold down triangle, you'll put a seatbelt on. I tried to but it didn't work.

The old way (GTA4) of putting a belt on is to get in the car and touch nothing for a second to drive it, he then puts it on.
There's no animation for this in 5 but he does seem to not fly out of the windscreen if you hit hard walls after waiting before driving.

Same with the motorbike helmet

Con_Smith

Banned
The npc actions in the game are just to much sometimes. Today I took Trev out for some strip club action and when taking my lapdance conquest home a passerby on the street snaps a pick and tells her nice ass. Trever just looks back as he goes into her place to smash.

Another funny thing about this interaction is the stripper I choose the first time tells me she isn't easy. Asks me does Trev think she is some ghetto street walker (or something to that effect.) What makes it funny is the stripper I took home didn't live to far from Frank and it had boarded up windows amd street walkers a few yards away. Made me chuckle.

Take Frank to a LTD station to rob and do some property damage and see some creepin ass ballas. Go about my business and proceed to stick up the store. As I walk out and proceed to light some pumps on fire with my ill gotten gains in tow, a group of ballas move in and stick me up for my money. The police show up and some turn their attention away but one lone balla creeps around the corner and shotguns me as I hop in the car. As The wasted screen goes up the explosion of the pumps goes off and I see a body fly over my head as I slump out the driver side window.

Literally wtf my ass off for awhile.

Hit a guys truck and he came to punch me senseless. As he opened my door I hit gas and he held on for dear life. Getting dragged until he was hit by a car. This game is nuts.

Oh yeah....once I jumped into the wrong car and some gang members gave me hot lead for lunch. I now pay more attention before robbing 4 door vehicles.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
After hanging out at a bar with a friend, if you actually make it to the friend dropoff point while still drunk (you sober up pretty dang fast), there's drunk dialogue.

Kobalty

I was playing as Franklin riding a mototrbike pretty fast near the car dealership, I struck a car and fell off the bike with such force to slide me to the other side of the intersection and underneath a car.

For a second or two Franklin just lay there face down then with the car still stationary ontop of him Franklin without any input from me started to crawl out from under the car.....then the dipshit in the car ran me over before Franklin could crawl out for under it and I died.

Small thing but it struck me as a really nice touch.

Arcteryx

I was playing as Franklin riding a mototrbike pretty fast near the car dealership, I struck a car and fell off the bike with such force to slide me to the other side of the intersection and underneath a car.

For a second or two Franklin just lay there face down then with the car still stationary ontop of him Franklin without any input from me started to crawl out from under the car.....then the dipshit in the car ran me over before Franklin could crawl out for under it and I died.

Small thing but it struck me as a really nice touch.

Yea I came across the crawling animation the other day after sliding under a drainage pipe. At first I was like "oh fuck I'm probably stuck and will have to reload a save", but nope, the game has animations for crawling out from under stuff.

ScOULaris

The amount of detail in this game is simply too much to comprehend, especially considering the polish with which everything is animated and how layered and rich the sound design is.

I would say "that's what happens when you have a budget bigger than Avatar," but that would be an insult to the craft on display here. Any other developer could have had the same budget and not made something anywhere near as gills-packed with all of these little details that add so much to the experience.

You had me at flip-flops flopping, Rockstar.

Amory

Idk that it's little (in fact I know it's not) but the water is gorgeous. Whenever I'm swimming, jetskiing or flying over it I often have to stop and just look at the water.

the wasted screen cuts off too quickly :( somtimes I die by flying through the air and shit and it fun watching the physics but the screen goes black too easily :(

geeko

I love the random Dialog from NPCs. I was walking around downtown Vinewood as Franklin and this dude just walks up to me and says something like "Dude, I'm going crazy, look at all the hot women" and just walks away. I couldn't help but laugh because it was so random.

ScOULaris

Idk that it's little (in fact I know it's not) but the water is gorgeous. Whenever I'm swimming, jetskiing or flying over it I often have to stop and just look at the water.

Oh, definitely. While it's beautiful during the daytime, swimming out deep in the ocean in the middle of the night is downright terrifying. Try it if you haven't already.

Oh, definitely. While it's beautiful during the daytime, swimming out deep in the ocean in the middle of the night is downright terrifying. Try it if you haven't already.

No way. Even though a game, when I'm swimming out there in the deep I'm scared of that damn shark attack. And I love that they added that in there. In games like this with Oceans and not one thing to worry about in the Ocean doesn't have that same affect of being scared.

No way I'm swimming way out there at night on this game!

abundant

No way. Even though a game, when I'm swimming out there in the deep I'm scared of that damn shark attack. And I love that they added that in there. In games like this with Oceans and not one thing to worry about in the Ocean doesn't have that same affect of being scared.

No way I'm swimming way out there at night on this game!
I hated collecting nuclear waste. Having to exit the sub, then swimming back to it while looking out for sharks sucked.

I've finished the game...mostly. the stock bawsaq market is one of the coolest things. I noticed if you climb in Trevors truck then walk towards the tailgate it'll fall down. I also noticed you can shoot out alot of the lights...it doesn't do much I don't think but could be useful in muliplayer.

Oh and if you get busted you loose your weapons.

Dizzle24

Might have already been mentioned but pressing right on the d-pad when you're near a cop will make the characters say different shit than they would to a normal person. I did it with Trevor and I can't remember exactly what he said but it ended up with him getting BUSTED
As Micheal
when wearing the Epsilon robes
people reply by saying "Kifflom.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

What I want to see in Multiplayer, is if you can see others driving the sub, from the surface. If you can see their lights or not.

There's also watching a jetski race go by, from under the water (saw that in the trailer, looked cool)

Allforce

Sorry if already mentioned: Why are almost all lights I come to red? It's a chore dodging cross traffic all the time.

Knowing the detail I'm sure they're timed lights just like a real city's traffic patterns. That is if you go the speed limit.

Taker34

Banned
Did anyone notice that you can hear a swarm of flies from time to time (if Chop takes a crap for example) and they sound exactly like the ones from dead players in DayZ. There was a situation when I heard those flies in the desert and I automaticly searched for a dead body and loot... how silly. :(

CF22

On a plane there is turbulence at times, if you fly too close to the water it makes a splash upwards. The color of the water and how it changes depending on where it is is just amazing. The whole world is full of details.

Random event: I stumbled upon the aftermath of some illegal deal gone wrong
Dead bodies everywhere, and one halfdead guy had a suitcase of money with him. He pleaded 'Don't do it' as I walked up to him... :lol So I took his cash (25,000) then set fire to the bodies and cars. Awesome.

Strangers and freaks missions with the realtor -
Trevor's random remarks to himself - 'This is turning out to be a great day'; 'You know Trevor, you could just go to a prostitute'; or when you're off to set something on fire and I already had gasoline on me: 'One step ahead with the gasoline... always prepared, Phillips' :lol

Random police shootout with bank robbers
I sniped the robbers and the cops thanked me and said they'll overlook some of my obvious 'illegalities'.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I love the random Dialog from NPCs. I was walking around downtown Vinewood as Franklin and this dude just walks up to me and says something like "Dude, I'm going crazy, look at all the hot women" and just walks away. I couldn't help but laugh because it was so random.
The best I've heard is: "Sometimes I feel life is TOO REAL you know?" hahaha.

How about the fact that
Johnny K has an awesome Cameo? I also did all the heists with packie.

I love seeing where Trevor will wake up drunk next. I've seen 3 good one's, the most recent was in the middle of the tracks with a train coming.

Ding-Ding

I like how when you walk by the
Epsilon
headquarters, you can hear their music faintly in the background like its playing inside.

DogMeat77

A few small things I noticed is that as you are driving out of the city your radio station will get a bit of static and the station will change for the new area. I only noticed this on Talk Radio so I'm not sure if it happens on all channels, I doubt it.

I also noticed that when you are in the 1st person / dash cam view and look behind you, your character shifts his head/eyes to the rear view mirror. Nice touch.

Loving the game.

I did this, rode out as far as I could on a jetski at night. Kept looking back at the carnival lights until I couldn't see them... then dove into the black waves. It actually gave me a little anxiety lol. I drowned before a shark got me, but I definitely saw one.

Wow - if you walk outside in your golf attire (because you got angry at your opponent and hit him with a golf club), your spike shoes make a different sound on the pavement... 0_0

I switched to Trevor one time, and he was following some guy on a scooter while also on a scooter. He was screaming, "COME ON SCOOTER BROTHER!" Naturally, I kept following the guy, and Trevor just kept heckling him.

It's probably my favorite Trevor moment.

Hahaha, I got that a couple days ago and it was amazing.

Schwabe

I hated collecting nuclear waste. Having to exit the sub, then swimming back to it while looking out for sharks sucked.

why exiting the sub? you can pick up the nuclear waste without exiting. just touch it with the sub O,o

And I also just a few seconds ago noticed a poster of (very light side-story spoiler)
Micheal's movie 'Meltdown'
is next to the door of his room after the missions related to it. Nice little touch.

You should visit the Cinema, this Movie is quite 'interesting' ...

Musolf815

Random event: I stumbled upon the aftermath of some illegal deal gone wrong
Dead bodies everywhere, and one halfdead guy had a suitcase of money with him. He pleaded 'Don't do it' as I walked up to him... :lol So I took his cash (25,000) then set fire to the bodies and cars. Awesome.

Nice! That's such a big shout out/reference to No Country for Old Men.

komojo

Neo Member
If you're out in the countryside at night the sky is dark, but if you go downtown it glows orange from all the city lights.

Zep

Banned
I see a blue dot on my screen. Get out the car, can't find for the person. Next thing I know, I'm being tazered. My screen goes black and I wake up in my underwear, on the train tracks with a train coming at me.

This happened in Sandy Shores.

Top Bottom