• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V - The little details that caught your attention?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So I gave a young drunk couple a lift as Trevor... this happened on the way to the motel...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU8JFOPCUAEg-vO.jpg:large

image.php

void666

Banned
In one mission i had to buy certain clothes for a job interview. I finished the mission and hours later coincidently i came back to the same store. The woman there asked me how was the job interview. They had a full conversation about it.

Randdalf

Some of my favorites...

1/ Two strippers run out of a strip club, Trevor follows a few seconds behind in his underwear.

2/ Trevor throwing a random Lost member off the side of a bridge.

3/ Trevor waking up drunk, on a small island to the east of the main land-mass, in his underwear again, with a bunch of dead bodies around him.

4/ Trevor eating out of a dumpster

5/ Trevor looking for something in the dumpster like above, but then proceeding to snatch a taco/hot dog thing from a passing by pedestrian before shooing him away.

With the bolded, there's a bit more context, you can find an abandoned yacht nearby where presumably the people he slaughtered were partying or something.

batbeg

When I got home yesterday my brother was playing and I mentioned some of the crazy things that people had mentioned when switching to Trevor. So he switched over to him and we found him drunk in his underwear. Funny as that was, it was nothing compared to him immediately initiating the so-called controversial
torture scene
and watching Trevor perform the entire thing in his underwear.

Trevor waking up in women's clothing on some deserted island. Says he shouldn't do this anymore then smashes a beer bottle over his head. Idk why but I found that hilarious.

Vargas

I was in Grove Street with Trevor minding my own business, when he starts looking at a gang member in his car, the guy took issue with the way that Trevor was looking at him and he got out and started swinging, I knock him out and look at the map which is now filled with red circles; I keep fighting hand to hand until one of them justs pulls out his gun and drops me.

Muffdraul

When I first started playing I thought "Man, these car engine sound effects are so quiet and wimpy." After a while I eventually realized, upgrading the engine power actually makes it louder and beefier sounding.

Torpedoing through windshields when playing golf is the best.

I flew my drug plane under a bridge and a jet appeared above me doing the same. Is this normal? Was planning on following him but I needed to turn left and it turned out there was a mountain there.

Now I'm gonna have to try break into the fort where I imagine those jets exist. I want one.

Stolen Sheep

Neo Member
There's so many little visual cues, and the general willingness to bend reality because it results in more enjoyment for the players (GTA IV seemed somewhat staid by comparison), manipulating cars in the air, the ability to actually jump into things is small but it opens up so many physics-related moments of comedy. Bumping cars on the free-way and them coming back at you in a road rage was a cute little touch.

Personally, a little thing I saw today crystallised the attention to detail that's present throughout the game. When I first heard the type of music on Radio Mirror Mark (chillwave, electronica) I thought of an up-and-coming band called Neon Indian I'd seen in a music bar in Birmingham, Alabama when I was over visiting friends two years ago. They're growing but far from a household name.

I had a quick look at the track-list online but didn't see their name, oh well I thought.

Then today I switched to Mirror Park and what was playing but Change of Coast by Neon Indian? I'd missed it on the track-list I read so I got a huge kick out of it. The fact it's an exclusive new track is just the icing on the cake. Impeccable taste and attention to detail.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
One time I was walking down the street and there was this crazy lady walkin by like she was about to fuck someone and she shouted "I don't like people playing on my phone"

During one side mission of some sort one of the characters had a hat with the album cover for Hics EP "Tangle". I want it bad.

During that one mission where you have to dispose of your van. I took it on top of a hill, blew it up, it agitated a mountain lion, I died.

During that one mission where you have to dispose of a dump truck. I took it into the ghetto, some dudes were shouting at me "do you know who's hood this is?", I ignored it because I was jamming to Living Days and blew up the truck, The entire hood rolled up on me, I died.

During one of trevor's missions I attempted to change the station to disco and he was not having that shit and changed it back to punk.

Franklin doesn't wear a seat belt so you have to be a extra good driver with him behind the wheel.

With Franklin (and presumably others i'm not sure yet) sometimes if you walk up random women and attempt to punch them in the face he will change it up and give em a nice sweaty pimp slap. There may be a way to do it intentionally i've only seen him do it once thus far.

Dizzle24

I forget if I was Trevor or Michael, but one of them also has a line specific for cougars. I run those bastards down every chance I get. For John.
Everytime I see or hear one of these hell-beasts, I think "What would John Marston do?"

I then proceed to run the fucker over with my car, or get out and shoot his face off with a shotgun. For John, of course.

sappyday

I switched to Micheal and he was watching TV with Jimmy and Tracy. I didn't like the clothes I was wearing so I go upstairs to change. I walk in the room only to find Amanda pleasuring herself with a vibrator. I didn't know how to react so I did the only thing I know how to do.

Pandemic

I harassed someone on top of Mount Chilliad, and after continuously swearing at the hiker, he pulled out his cellphone, said he was calling 911, and begun speaking with the operator.. Till I upper-cutted him and knocked him out. Job well done.

Going through a tunnel causes your waypoint to dissapear until you restablish your gps.

in one section of the country, on one side of a mountain is one radio station, when reaching the top it switches to a new station

LDAF

I did a prostitute and when she got out of the car she went on her phone and was talking to someone. She said she's almost got enough money for her rent but she's not quite there yet. She said she'd have to come up with some other sort of arrangement.

This prostitute wasn't just some random whore made for the game purely for the player to have sex with. She has a life. She did what she did with me because she's struggling right now. She needs to pay her bills and this is the only way she can. I felt bad for her. I was actually going to kill her and get my money back before I heard that phone conversation. But that phone call made me realise this isn't her fault. Who am I to just murder some girl struggling her way through life who's only doing what she has to to get by? The game made me feel for a random prostitute and made me feel like this random prostitute has a life when I'm gone. That's a little detail that caught me attention.

You wouldn't happen to have any interest in writing for IGN, would you?

;)

I did a prostitute and when she got out of the car she went on her phone and was talking to someone. She said she's almost got enough money for her rent but she's not quite there yet. She said she'd have to come up with some other sort of arrangement.

This prostitute wasn't just some random whore made for the game purely for the player to have sex with. She has a life. She did what she did with me because she's struggling right now. She needs to pay her bills and this is the only way she can. I felt bad for her. I was actually going to kill her and get my money back before I heard that phone conversation. But that phone call made me realise this isn't her fault. Who am I to just murder some girl struggling her way through life who's only doing what she has to to get by? The game made me feel for a random prostitute and made me feel like this random prostitute has a life when I'm gone. That's a little detail that caught me attention.

How would you like to write for Kotaku?

lol

write your Kinja post I swear I'll favorite it.. lol.

Symphonia

Banned
Pulled up at the traffic lights in my beefed up Infernus and revved my engine a bit, and had some guy walk up to me and admire my car. He even took out his phone and took a photo of it. Such a tiny detail but damn, it felt awesome.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Detective GAF we really need to solve the Mt Chiliad Mystery. There is spaceships, Dinosaur eggs, jetpacks etc. We need to find out what the hell is going on ....i'm sure it has something to do with the Epsilon cult.

assumedly you need some ufo parts for that as well...

when does the cult show up? I'm around 60ish percent in.

Tr4nce

Absolutely love the sky in this game, and the lighting at night, and in the morning.

However, I keep reading about being able to shoot the gas tank of a car, which causes gasoline to leak and leave a trail, so can you set on in fire. Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems doing this? Shooting at both sides of the car, and never have I been able to make this work. I keep shooting but I never see any gasoline leaks?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
You wouldn't happen to have any interest in writing for IGN, would you?

;)

Yes I would. Very much so. Be paid to play video games and write about them? Hellz yeah.

Everything I said was true. No other open world game makes random NPC's as believable as this. It does a lot for immersion.

This game is drowning in 'small details', but one that got me yesterday was (*SPOILER*)
when Trevor and Lamar look over at Franklin sleeping at the right moment during their conversation in the car carrier.
They spent a lot of time animating the in-car conversations when most people are going to be using the 'behind-the-car' camera view.

newsguy

However, I keep reading about being able to shoot the gas tank of a car, which causes gasoline to leak and leave a trail, so can you set on in fire. Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems doing this? Shooting at both sides of the car, and never have I been able to make this work. I keep shooting but I never see any gasoline leaks?

WTF? Please answer this man. I had no idea this was possible.

I was using Mike then he met Franklin in a mission. After the mission Franklin left on a bike. After Mike's Mission Complete pop up. I switched to Franklin. Dude was still driving his bike. Awesome
I've always thought those switch scenes r scripted.

red731

I switched to Micheal and he was watching TV with Jimmy and Tracy. I didn't like the clothes I was wearing so I go upstairs to change. I walk in the room only to find Amanda pleasuring herself with a vibrator. I didn't know how to react so I did the only thing I know how to do.

Run
Jump
Dive!

?

komojo

Neo Member
I was playing the Trevor mission where you have to intimidate
Lenny Avery, the real estate agent
. I was walking around trying to find a good vehicle when an NPC happened to walk by. Trevor asked her about his target, and she said she knew who he was and gave accurate directions.

I ran into a side mission that I knew was going to be an ambush, so I called the police. The police car came into the alley, the two guys started acting nonchalant and the woman ran off somewhere.

I also like how you can hear muffled music coming from some of the cars while walking around.

reminder

I don't know if it's already posted in here, but i just discovered this today: The Blaine County Radio Station is actually only available in Blaine County. It changes to another station as soon as you leave Blaine County. Neat.

Muffdraul

I don't know if it's already posted in here, but i just discovered this today: The Blaine County Radio Station is actually only available in Blaine County. It changes to another station as soon as you leave Blaine County. Neat.

Yep, and you lose reception of WCTR when you leave LS.

Dragnet

I was driving through the country as Michael when I drove past a Church and the Bride came out screaming at me, needing to escape as fast as possible. I let her in my car and started racing her back home as she blabbered on about her fiance. I fucked up my car real bad on one corner and ran out to steal a new car.

As I was doing so, the bride said 'Well I guess that's my something borrowed!'

So good! I'd love to know all of the little dialogue variations for moments like that, there's got to be so many.

MYeager

This one might be more obvious, but I put in over 40 hours without realizing the tattoo on Trevor's shoulder was a RIP Michael tattoo.

Muffdraul

If you walk up to a parked or stopped car and mash the punch button, they go into a "kick/stomp" animation sequence (think Isaac Clarke in Dead Space 2) and do some surprisingly major damage to the car.

Top Bottom