• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V's radio stations being updated for next-gen release

KeRaSh

I haven't played GTAV and I'm not actually sure if I will get the PS4 port but "Sleepwalking" by The Chain Gang of 1974 was running on repeat for quite some time now. Increadibly awesome track in my opinion. Kudos to Rockstar for featuring it in their game. I wouldn't know this song if it weren't for the GTAV playlist on Spotify.

More Bootsy please.

"The party doesn't stop until everyone's pregnant"

Yes I know that was George Clinton's station, get them both in! :S

Fjordson

Little surprised by some of the more negative thoughts on V's radio. Not the best in the series, but still pretty damn good to me. Only like 2-3 stations where I didn't enjoy most of the tracks on them.

Disgraced

More songs for Channel X added, I hope. Punk songs are so quick the whole station's playlist is over in like ten minutes. Hope they can get Bad Religion, Clash, and "Bloodstains" in like they supposedly originally planned. It was puzzling to me they decided to include "Bored of You" instead of "Bloodstains." I mean, "Bloodstains" is like the definitive A. Orange song and the lyrics are way more in line with the themes of the game than Bored is, much like the rest of the tracks in the OST that are mostly to at least a small extent about money, violence, loneliness, age, etc.

I request Offspring's "Bad Habit," that song is almost like the GTA anthem.
Hey man you know I'm really okay
The gun in my hand will tell you the same
But when I'm in my car
Don't give me no crap
Cause the slightest thing and I just might snap
Like boom!

When I go driving I stay in my lane
But getting cut off it makes me insane
I open the glove box
Reach inside
I'm gonna wreck this fucker's ride

I guess I got a bad habit
Of blowin' away
(Yeah! Yeah!)
[Edit:] Speaking of which, as an aside, y'know, I think Channel X needs a lot more love just in general. Punk rock's an integral part of Cali, not to mention Los Angeles subculture and music history, and I'm really glad they decided to include it in the game.

Abraxas

Christ, Cara is exceptionally good looking. Non-Stop Pop helped me get back into pop again. Great channel.

GTAV does need a classical station, and the PC version with an Independent FM station (especially a spotify/pandora supported one) would be great too.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Good, the radio stations were shit.

I just hope they're better than this, that song will be dire.

If more songs are being added then perhaps the use of both the soundtrack and score in any new story content is also added.

Arguing about the best colour or taste is a little silly of course but objectively speaking GTA V had by far the best musical production of any GTA game. It's the only GTA with an original score and the only GTA that makes tailored use of its soundtrack for in-game moments. The game has a lot of great moments that are in part defined precisely because it picks specific songs to play on the radio at that time, such as NWA's Appetite for Destruction, TSOL Abolish Goverment-Silent Majority, Chicago's If You Leave Me Now, and Black Strobe's Boogie in Zero Gravity. The latter, for example, being the iconic song for completition of all Heist 1 parts and also part of the reason the finale of Heist 1 is one of the best moments in the game.

I think a lot of folks miss that, along with a lot of the world detail and game world life, for that matter, if you only play the game once because you assume it's random and not handcrafted.

I cannot wait to see people posting videos of PC GTA V running on high-end PC hardware that outclasses the PS4.

While I would expect the PS4 / XBone versions to run at a nearly locked 30 FPS, the PC version at 60 FPS (given the right hardware) should be a revelation, provided the PC port is not a complete mess like PC GTA IV was.

The PC version should be awesome on high-end Nvidia Kepler and upper mid-range Maxwell cards, as well as the AMD Radeon equivalents.
What does this shit post have to do with the GTAV radio stations?

Hope there's a new station devoted to Tangerine Dream. Amazing ambient work in the game.

Yeah that would be amazing. I'd be happy if they just made a radio station with all the Tangerine Dream tracks from the game, or even mixed with other similar artists like The Journey from GTA4. The game really lacks great ambient driving music.

Disgraced

If more songs are being added then perhaps the use of both the soundtrack and score in any new story content is also added.

Arguing about the best colour or taste is a little silly of course but objectively speaking GTA V had by far the best musical production of any GTA game. It's the only GTA with an original score and the only GTA that makes tailored use of its soundtrack for in-game moments. The game has a lot of great moments that are in part defined precisely because it picks specific songs to play on the radio at that time, such as NWA's Appetite for Destruction, TSOL Abolish Goverment-Silent Majority, Chicago's If You Leave Me Now, and Black Strobe's Boogie in Zero Gravity. The latter, for example, being the iconic song for completition of all Heist 1 parts and also part of the reason the finale of Heist 1 is one of the best moments in the game.

I think a lot of folks miss that, along with a lot of the world detail and game world life, for that matter, if you only play the game once because you assume it's random and not handcrafted.

True that.

I love that part when Trevor flips his shit over the Doobie Brothers and changes the station to TSOL.

It's seems like most people that dislike GTA V's radio are metal fans. Hmm. I thought the radio was absolutely perfect for the setting. Only thing that I would have added is a Kavinsky or synth pop station.

bomma_man

I'm sort of curious to see if the Jai Paul song gets cut, considering the weird controversy surrounding that album's release. Given the timing of GTAV's development Rockstar could have gotten permission to use that song from someone who actually had no right to give it to them.

That song was officially released as a single years before the album.

I don't get how someone that says they like music can call any of the GTA soundtracks garbage. There's a heap of good stuff on all of them. There's a whole world outside metal brehs.

They better not cut the best bit off Windowlicker this time. WTF was with that?

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
If Rockstar don't use this opportunity to add a Metal station I'll probably pass on the game. Heavy Metal fans being treated as second citizens has to stop and the only way to change the status quo is with your wallet.

SugarDave

Yeah that would be amazing. I'd be happy if they just made a radio station with all the Tangerine Dream tracks from the game, or even mixed with other similar artists like The Journey from GTA4. The game really lacks great ambient driving music.

That's a great idea. The OST for GTAV is amazing.

If Rockstar don't use this opportunity to add a Metal station I'll probably pass on the game. Heavy Metal fans being treated as second citizens has to stop and the only way to change the status quo is with your wallet.

I was hoping when i saw this thread title that they would maybe consider doing something similar to V-Rock in Vice City. I remember reading that the Saints Row devs removed the rock/metal station because apparently so little of players actually listened to it. It bums me out they just entirely removed it, and didn't seem to ever put another metal station in the future games.

MDSLKTR

really well put

mreddie

Is there something wrong with me thinking GTA V had a weaker soundtrack than IV yet I like almost all the songs and have downloaded them? OST is kickass though.

Trident7

I wish cara wasn't the host of the radio station, I don't really know where she came from or how she is a celeb or famous could of done without her imo. Other then that hope for some more good music in the game.

I wish cara wasn't the host of the radio station, I don't really know where she came from or how she is a celeb or famous could of done without her imo. Other then that hope for some more good music in the game.

What's your problem? She says like 5 words between every song what exactly is the issue?

She's famous because she's one of the biggest models in the world right now.

I totally lost it when I jacked a Big Rig and the radio started playing "Convoy".

Top Bottom