• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4: Lost & The Damned how do I play this on XB1?

HotPocket69

Banned
Doing a search it says the Episodes pack and standalone is unavailable to download. I tried going through the MS Store online like you have to do with The Orange Box but still no dice.

What’s the deal? Is there no other way to play what’s arguably the best thing about GTA4 without a 360 or PS3?

reforen

In your library highlight the game, go to manage installation options, from there you can select the DLC you want to install

Woggleman

Just buy the disc off of Amazon. It has extra songs that are not on the digital version. This and TBOGT are some of the best SP DLC ever.

HotPocket69

Banned
Might as well have just burned up a $10 bill. Fuck.

Microsoft BC sucks a fat fucking dick

Last edited:
If you bought it digital it should be in your owned games since it is BC if you have a disc than it should let you download it once the insert the disc.

YCoCg

Microsoft BC sucks a fat fucking dick
This is on Rockstar, they removed Episodes from Liberty City for download (that works on Xbox 1) because they couldn't be bothered to patch out the songs they don't want to relicence. Sadly you should've expected by now that Rockstar will ONLY support GTAV (because of GTA Online) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (and Red Dead Online). Once an old game becomes an issue due to rights they just ditch it.

HotPocket69

Banned
This is on Rockstar, they removed Episodes from Liberty City for download (that works on Xbox 1) because they couldn't be bothered to patch out the songs they don't want to relicence. Sadly you should've expected by now that Rockstar will ONLY support GTAV (because of GTA Online) and Red Dead Redemption 2 (and Red Dead Online). Once an old game becomes an issue due to rights they just ditch it.

Yeah man should’ve expected it. You’re right.

RaZoR No1

If you now own the DLC, you should be able to install it by the Xbox Store (not the 360 marketplace)
For example I just own TBOGT digitally and if I press on "show me the price (?)" it asks me where to download it
Edit: it just asks me to which device I should download it. You don't have to press the price button

Last edited:

Antwix

I think I remember having a similar issue to this a few years back. Not sure if it was with RDR or GTA4, but I believe I fixed it by having to go back on your 360 and actually installing the game on there first on the Xbox account you use. Once it's installed on your 360, it'll show then up on your Xbox one with the same account you use, and you'll be able to install it then.

HotPocket69

Banned
I think I remember having a similar issue to this a few years back. Not sure if it was with RDR or GTA4, but I believe I fixed it by having to go back on your 360 and actually installing the game on there first on the Xbox account you use. Once it's installed on your 360, it'll show then up on your Xbox one with the same account you use, and you'll be able to install it then.

That’s exactly what I did and it’s no good.

Banned
Just buy the disc off of Amazon. It has extra songs that are not on the digital version. This and TBOGT are some of the best SP DLC ever.

I am pretty sure the songs are patched out of every version through a game update.
and if you play on Xbox One you have no choice but to download the game, which usually results in a download of the latest patch.

if you truly want all the original songs you would have to get the disc and play it without an update on the 360.

HotPocket69

Banned
Ok I figured it out!

Clicked on GTA4 and went to manage add ons. You then have to click the little white box on Lost and Damned to install and hit X to save your changes. THEN it will install. Man I’m a dummy.

Lost & Damned time though 😃😃😃

f5mNkjs.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom