• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4: The Ballad of Gay Tony (second DLC episode) announced. Coming this fall.

I know this is a really old bump, but it doesn't seem worthwhile to create a new topic and I haven't played enough yet to create a LTTP.

Started playing this last night, trying to clear down games from my HDD backlog. Initial impressions are that it's nice to be back in Liberty City and I adore the car handling, but by god the on-foot controls are rubbish. The camera feels far too springy too, I really dislike the shooting and its reliance on auto-aim, and the melee combat is just awful. I'm also finding it much too dark, and I can't see what I'm doing half the time because many of the missions have been at night (this may just be a coincidence), but it makes things more difficult than they need to be. I even went into an Ammu-Nation basement earlier at night and couldn't see the guns on display. The lighting looks quite realistic, but it also makes things awkward.

Anyway, the characters so far are pretty amusing on the whole and I really think the car handling in the game was such a triumph. IV's Liberty City is not my favourite location in the series but it's a very detailed and immersive environment, and I like how each island looks and feels different. I finished GTAIV, but didn't get on with The Lost and Damned, but having heard that this is a lot more fun I'll try to see it through to the end.

Okay, I've literally only played about an hour and done about four or five story missions, but when I've played a bit more to judge fairly I'll put these thoughts into an LTTP.

katkombat

Banned
I know this is a really old bump, but it doesn't seem worthwhile to create a new topic and I haven't played enough yet to create a LTTP.

Started playing this last night, trying to clear down games from my HDD backlog. Initial impressions are that it's nice to be back in Liberty City and I adore the car handling, but by god the on-foot controls are rubbish. The camera feels far too springy too, I really dislike the shooting and its reliance on auto-aim, and the melee combat is just awful. I'm also finding it much too dark, and I can't see what I'm doing half the time because many of the missions have been at night (this may just be a coincidence), but it makes things more difficult than they need to be. I even went into an Ammu-Nation basement earlier at night and couldn't see the guns on display. The lighting looks quite realistic, but it also makes things awkward.

Anyway, the characters so far are pretty amusing on the whole and I really think the car handling in the game was such a triumph. IV's Liberty City is not my favourite location in the series but it's a very detailed and immersive environment, and I like how each island looks and feels different. I finished GTAIV, but didn't get on with The Lost and Damned, but having heard that this is a lot more fun I'll try to see it through to the end.

Okay, I've literally only played about an hour and done about four or five story missions, but when I've played a bit more to judge fairly I'll put these thoughts into an LTTP.

lol

LiK

Don't fucking necrobump.

Does anyone know know old a thread has to be for a bump to be picked up on by that account?

I assume it holds a database of 'have I ever seen this thread in the front page before', so probably any thread that died out before the bot was activated will be new to it and will be tweeted when necrobumped. I don't really know that specific date though, 2009-2010 ish?

This was not cool at all. There's no dimension where bumping such an old thread is a good idea, Are there solid repercussions or those who do this?

Tenck

This was not cool at all. There's no dimension where bumping such an old thread is a good idea, Are there solid repercussions or those who do this?

Yeah he's probably sorry living just got a bit tougher for you. Should probably be permabanned to stop hurting people.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member

your response is even less cool.

the bumper did the equivalent of farting really loud in a public space, but you're calling for his head... I like the way you framed it in such polite language. reads like a news article with a police spokesperson.

DjRoomba

Banned
ballad of gay tony was absolutely not better than GTA IV.
Man I am soo glad they completely went the other way with GTAV. Its like they said/realized 'wtf were we thinking with this serious-ass boring game'

Fergie

Banned
iqusqHO8u8FNs.gif

Be calm, this doesn't hurt you at all. Seriously.

Top Bottom