• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

Jim said:
An old forum friend just pointed out that it COULD be the GTA3 protagonist doing the kicking :)

gta4_gta3.gif
:lol

dfyb said:
GTA already had achievements. and ps3 will have trophies by this fall. and ps3 will have free multiplayer.

The in-game rewards were usually pretty good (more packages = better hideout weapons), but it's not like they were actually achievements where you could compare with your friends, plus, you weren't rewarded for most of the random stuff you could do in the game.

Free multiplayer or not, GTA has never really been about multiplayer, so it's just an added bonus in my eyes, although some kind of co-op missions would be nice. Also, it's f'n $4 a month and everyone deciding between the two already has Gold, so it's a sunk cost and won't be a deciding factor.

As I said in my earlier posts, we don't yet know how the trophies are going to work, especially if GTA4 comes out before the full launch of Home.

bud said:
uhm, one of the reasons for this is because the ps3 has little to no ram. iirc, there's only 36 mb ram of which 4 is reserved for the os.

So entirely inaccurate. Unless that was sarcasm. Which flew right over my head.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Revelations said:
So entirely inaccurate. Unless that was sarcasm. Which flew right over my head.

It's true. He's just off by a little. PS3 only has 28.5 MB of ram.

In turning on the PS3, I discovered that the wallpaper is now AQUAMARINE.

SWEEEEEET

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
That's a great, great trailer. Layers of detail that come out over multiple viewings, oozing style, and showing off things like hanging off cars and helicopters. Just look at the scope of the city in the first trailer, and the amount of detail present in each location in this trailer. Awesome.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
BenjaminBirdie said:
Anyone who has Mattt on their Friends List ought to get a bit of a chuckle out of this. (The man is a machine!)

:lol

I know, when we added each other, the only thing I could say was holy ****ing shit at the gamerscore.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Y2Kev said:
It's true. He's just off by a little. PS3 only has 28.5 MB of ram.

In turning on the PS3, I discovered that the wallpaper is now AQUAMARINE.

SWEEEEEET

I noticed my PS3background was that color around this time yesterday, but when I went back to play odins sphere at midnight, it was blaqck again

Mrbob

Bebpo said:
Looks great.

Framerate looks as bad as the PS2 ones though. >_< Oh well...

Yeah thats my main issue right now. One thing I loved about the XBox GTA ports were the better framerates.

Some of the frame rates in GTA SA PS2 are atrocious.

dammitmattt said:
The in-game rewards were usually pretty good (more packages = better hideout weapons), but it's not like they were actually achievements where you could compare with your friends, plus, you weren't rewarded for most of the random stuff you could do in the game.

Free multiplayer or not, GTA has never really been about multiplayer, so it's just an added bonus in my eyes, although some kind of co-op missions would be nice. Also, it's f'n $4 a month and everyone deciding between the two already has Gold, so it's a sunk cost and won't be a deciding factor.

As I said in my earlier posts, we don't yet know how the trophies are going to work, especially if GTA4 comes out before the full launch of Home.

QFT.

dammitmattt said:

Lair is going to support Trophies and it's releasing in August.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dammitmattt said:

Yeah, achievements that actually help me in the game vs e-penis comparisons...that certainly is a hard decision to make. :p

And having played MP GTA on the PSP and a hacked version on the PC, it's a great way to extend the life of the product, so I wouldn't downplay the importance that much.

Developers can build hooks into their pre-Home releases to unlock bonuses after Home becomes universally available. This is already happening.

dammitmattt said:
It would make sense since they are leading on the PS3 and have only shown the PS3 version so far. Right?
Table top tennis on 360 was the first game to use the new R.A.G.E engine. You figure they would lead with xbox 360.

bishoptl said:
Yeah, achievements that actually help me in the game vs e-penis comparisons...that certainly is a hard decision to make. :p

And having played MP GTA on the PSP and a hacked version on the PC, it's a great way to extend the life of the product, so I wouldn't downplay the importance that much.

Developers can build hooks into their pre-Home releases to unlock bonuses after Home becomes universally available. This is already happening.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

LJ11

Agent Icebeezy said:
I noticed my PS3background was that color around this time yesterday, but when I went back to play odins sphere at midnight, it was blaqck again

Color changes with the time of day. During the day it's bright, at night dark.

Trailer looked good, I'll try and finish this one when I get my hands on it.

Jim

bishoptl said:

Turok Home t-shirts confirmed?

TSAR

this trailer was so much more "gta" than the first...needless to say, i'm sooo excited about this

i really can't wait for the third

Razoric

Banned
bishoptl said:

what what

pswii60

Just watched the GTA trailer and wow!

OK, hardly the best graphics, but GTA was always about the small details etc, the technical achievements were in how the whole world came alive. And at least the whole trailer was 100% real with no BS pre-rendered or sped-up footage shit.

And actually I'm looking forward to this one far more than the previous episodes because it looks like it actually has a compelling story this time. Looking forward to it :)

bishoptl said:

I'm sure that your in-game achievements will also give you in-game rewards, just like every other GTA. I'm sure multiplayer will be a cool bonus, but I'm still waiting for someone to actually get it right in this style of game, and my main point was that the free vs. $4/month you're already paying is a dumb comparison. It's more important if you can actually play the multiplayer with your friends. Also, it's good to know that pre-Home releases will have trophies. I did not know that.

megateto

bishoptl said:

Are you telling us that some games already have their Home spaces?

YYZ

54 seconds into the trailer, you can see the phone he's using has a silver band on top, does look like one. Moneyhatted?

Top Bottom