• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
dammitmattt said:
I'm sure that your in-game achievements will also give you in-game rewards, just like every other GTA. I'm sure multiplayer will be a cool bonus, but I'm still waiting for someone to actually get it right in this style of game, and my main point was that the free vs. $4/month you're already paying is a dumb comparison. It's more important if you can actually play the multiplayer with your friends. Also, it's good to know that pre-Home releases will have trophies. I did not know that.
Have you played multiplayer GTA? It's a hell of a lot of fun.

megateto said:
Are you telling us that some games already have their Home spaces?
I didn't say that. *whistles*

Zenith said:
http://i15.tinypic.com/4r1mid0.jpg

Check that out in motion.

It looks like it's realtime reflecting the bridge!
woah.

The only question is, is it tilted up?

That's just how Niko likes to keep it? Easier to see helicopters that way I guess.

I'm constantly disappointed by two companies' character and animation dept: Rockstar and Neversoft. They both have big blocky characters and I'm pretty sure less than 10 points of articulation. In this day and age, why wouldn't you animate your main characters entire face instead of just his mouth? Both companies have always had freaky soul-less cut scenes with stiff moving characters who always look straight ahead.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
viralmarketeer said:
I'm constantly disappointed by two companies' character and animation dept: Rockstar and Neversoft. They both have big blocky characters and I'm pretty sure less than 10 points of articulation. In this day and age, why wouldn't you animate your main characters entire face instead of just his mouth? Both companies have always had freaky soul-less cut scenes with stiff moving characters who always look straight ahead.

Thats what you took out of that video.... incredible.

viralmarketeer said:
I have no idea what universe you may come from, but I posit it is an unpleasant one.

bishoptl said:
Have you played multiplayer GTA? It's a hell of a lot of fun.

I only have work laptops so I haven't played the PC version, but I tried out the multiplayer on the PSP for a little while but I just wasn't in to it. I'm sure the system had a lot to do with it and I am looking forward to what they do in GTA4. They just really need to make sure that you don't have to spend time looking for other players in the massive cities.

jet1911 said:
650612146_2e8e28a25a_o.gif

Awesome animation. :D
This reminds me of the Euphoria tech demo, didn't R* have a press release saying that they'll incorporate Euphoria into some of there games? I'll look for a link

tegdf

InterMoniker said:
This reminds me of the Euphoria tech demo, didn't R* have a press release saying that they'll incorporate Euphoria into some of there games? I'll look for a link

GTA IV is using it

kassatsu

Banned
viralmarketeer said:
laurelhardy.gif

Jim

InterMoniker said:

It is using Euphoria... I posted that info a few pages back.

bud

viralmarketeer said:

i'm pretty sure you can see his face expressing emotions especially during the scene he says: i will find this man, i guarantee you.

InterMoniker said:
We got word a couple of pages back that it's definitely using Euphoria for procedural animation.

GrayFoxPL

Nico sounds exactly like that russian guy in Transporter 2. I allways thought that voice was awsome. Is it the same actor?

I'll go take a look.

Not enough vaseline on characters - Trailer from PS3 version confirmed :lol!

kylej

Banned
viralmarketeer said:

Complaining about GTA4 animation....

f3niks

Cdammen said:
The part when he leisurely walks down the streets is ****ing incredible. Excellent animation with nice subtleties.

bENBPAPWO.jpg

Yeah I loved seeing the guy get stomped on the basketball court.:lol

kassatsu

Banned
InterMoniker said:
It was mentioned in a Yahoo! article yesterday

1. Graphics
The coolest feature so far is the upgraded RAGE Graphics Engine (also used to power Table Tennis), which finally replaces Renderware under the GTA hood. RAGE now features a heavily customized version of Natural Motion's "Euphoria" physics engine, which got major attention last year when LucasArts demo'ed it as part of the Indiana Jones and Star Wars games. Expect even more excitement as you see how the teaming of RAGE and Euphoria affects movement, gunplay, climbing, and driving. Rockstar also points out that everything you see in the GTA IV trailers is capture in-game -- there are no underhanded renders here.

dankir

Mrbob said:
Yeah thats my main issue right now. One thing I loved about the XBox GTA ports were the better framerates.

Some of the frame rates in GTA SA PS2 are atrocious.

The game isn't done yet folks! Patience!!

bud

yeh people who are ignoring the fact that the song was perfect for the trailer. i expected no less from rockstar, though.

Destructo Spin said:
Some people I will never understand.

I can state the same... GTA was never a game known for its great graphics, its clear GTA4 ain't gonna be any different. GTA 4 was great for its gameplay and amount of stuff you can do within the game, and we haven't seen none of that in these trailers yet, so "i will never understand" you people. Like i said, this trailer = "meh"

Dina

Awesome, as ever. Framerate issues and white AA lines are such small issues when you see this baby in motion.

looking ****ing fantastic!!!

bravo R*....you haven't let me down yet! :D

....though, I will have to actually wait till after the title is released, to see which sku to buy...in the PS3/360 era, blind platform buys can end up in dissapointment, as evidenced by my blind buy of the PS3 version of The Darkness.....

....and R* could solve soooo much if they would just allow the option for partial or a full-install on PS3....none of this "they have to be identical" shit.....

Kabuki Waq said:
I have not gone through this monster thread yet but i was wondering which is the lead sku for this game?

like someone mentioned above...considering its R* RAGE engine....I'm guessing 360 was easier to work with from the get go (minus the HDD issue)

Hmm watching the HD now most of the lip synch looks good, except for the "I guarantee..." part. Great body animation though. R* definitely knows how to make a good trailer.

DMczaf

bishoptl said:
Yeah, achievements that actually help me in the game vs e-penis comparisons...that certainly is a hard decision to make. :p

Says the person who has 1000 on TMNT!

*hides ERAGON*

MercuryLS

Banned
Striker said:
Anybody know how the target system when shooting works? I hope they did away with the lock-on crap.

Supposedly they have something similar to RE4's aiming, but its probably more like Gears (sing you'll probably be able to move while in the aim mode).

X26

Banned
AWESOME animation, holy, it just all seemed so fluid and diverse. Graphics are a bit of a mixed bag, but given the scale they're still pretty good, especially the lighting. WTF happened to Niko's voice there, sounded so much better in the first trialer

kylej

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I can state the same... GTA was never a game known for its great graphics, its clear GTA4 ain't gonna be any different. GTA 4 was great for its gameplay and amount of stuff you can do within the game, and we haven't seen none of that in these trailers yet, so "i will never understand" you people. Like i said, this trailer = "meh"

lol

Has anyone heard anything about the mini-games? Are they getting rid of any of them? Are they adding any new ones?

I love the graphics, I love the story. But damn. I just want to loaf around in the city and do nothing particular. I always loved that.

szaromir

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I can't believe this, but probably for the first time I agree with Metalmurphy.:lol

Top Bottom