• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

Zenith

Banned
Systems_id said:
I ask this question again; how does GTA4 graphically shit all over nearly every other game out there yet it's far larger in scale then said games?

it doesn't. question answered.

jet1911

newsguy said:
I will kick your balls for what you've done.

And what's all this crazy talk about Euphoria physics? If this is true there will be no reason to play another game EVER. Hitting people with cars will never be the same.

Have you played Saint's Row?

X26

Banned
Razoric said:
You mean the game where you tap into someone and they go flying away and have the weight of a feather?

Cars too. Sometimes you'd be in a small sedan or whatever and hit a much larger car and that car would go flying. It was a surprisingly good game, but defidently broken in a lot of areas.

hobbitx

I AM THE ONE WHO SURRVIFT!!!

Niko's starting to grow on me and I was glad to see him on what seems like the new PCJ edition. They were making it sound like he wouldn't hop on anything but a chopper.

p3tran

Banned
wow for euphoria!
if a game should try to use it, gta would be my wish for it.
I think that rockstar has all the prerequisite qualities to make awesome use of this beautiful engine.
icon_cool.gif

Awesome, awesome trailer. Totally gets me psyched. R* once again shows they know how to put it down not only in the gameplay department, but also in the music one as well.

Did anyone else notice the guy on the phone at the end sounded awfully similar to Donald Love?

starchild excalibur said:
Did anyone else notice the guy on the phone at the end sounded awfully similar to Donald Love?
You're the second person to say that - I don't hear it myself, but I've got my fingers crossed. We need more Kyle MacLachlan in our games.

knkng

Wow, I really think this game will have a great storyline. I'm already more interested in this game's story after only seeing the trailer, as opposed to San Andreas which was just terrible. The mood and atmosphere created here is also exceptionally well done (especially for a GTA game). Good stuff.

BTW, Xbox 360 cellphone confirmed?
154fs684969.jpg

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
jetjevons said:
Looks stupidly great.

Hope the main story is like 20 quality hours and not 80 diluted hours.

Same here

20 Hours of the main story (as you stated)

and lots and lots of side missions that allows a "Rags to Riches" scenario (like in past GTAs)

Humn, the graphics aren`t as nice as in the last trailer (Which we can now see was pre-rendered) and the framerate sucks monkey balls (Hey, it wouldn`t be GTA without a crappy framerate!) but the helicopter action looked cool!

Personally, I`d rather have a graphics downgrade and a smoother framerate but hey, that`s just me!

Anyone complaining about the visuals should first consider that this game is going to be ridiculously massive in scale and has no load times whatsoever.

Regardless, the characters still look great.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Humn, the graphics aren`t as nice as in the last trailer (Which we can now see was pre-rendered) and the framerate sucks monkey balls (Hey, it wouldn`t be GTA without a crappy framerate!) but the helicopter action looked cool!

Personally, I`d rather have a graphics downgrade and a smoother framerate but hey, that`s just me!

what?

gamerx

Nuclear Muffin said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol

painey

Nuclear Muffin said:

412007756_a2b3e5232d_o.gif

Sorry, I meant that it was pre-rendered with ingame assets. Now with this trailer it`s running in real time which is why the framerate sucks, even with the graphics downgrade.

Cheeto

Nuclear Muffin said:

I don't think we can save this one...he's too far gone.

SapientWolf said:
Someone in the industry told me that animations take up a great deal of time, money and disk space. Procedural animation systems like Euphoria can free up resources that can be used on other parts of the game.

True, but it's way more processor intensive than just playing back an animation. Its definitely a give and take thing.

_leech_ said:
True, but it's way more processor intensive than just playing back an animation. Its definitely a give and take thing.
Plus it takes a huge amount of effort to make the results look right when you have a lot of forces/percepts acting upon the characters. SotC and GTAIV appear to be excellent examples, whereas Uncharted and that Star Wars game are promising but clearly need more work to appear seamless.

newsguy

_leech_ said:

I feel like once these physics are implemented properly (I'm sure there will be some bugs in the first few games they're implemented in) it will be a large step forward for games. Many genres can benefit from it, and it will revolutionize sports games.

newsguy said:
I feel like once these physics are implemented properly (I'm sure there will be some bugs in the first few games they're implemented in) it will be a large step forward for games. Many genres can benefit from it, and it will revolutionize sports games.

I've been saying that for years. EA doesn't read GAF, obviously.

newsguy said:

I really thought we would be getting Half Life 2 style physics in the majority of next-gen games... but alas we barely have any games with the good realistic physics.

Makes me sad. :(

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
newsguy said:

_Leech_, I and others are the originators of this mentality on GAF

~*PHYSICS DEFENSE FORCE*~

_leech_ said:
I've been saying that for years. EA doesn't read GAF, obviously.
EA is too busy making piles of cash by releasing the same game over and over again to worry about revolutionizing anything.

Top Bottom