• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

Ranger X

By the way, BlimBlim wins again at encoding and his MP4 for the trailer is better than the one that was uploaded on the PSN...

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
so is there a non-live youtube vid or something of the music from the trailer? I can't find the remix of the song on any album.

The hanging off the back of the truck and the bottom of the helicopter was the most exciting aspect of the trailer. I can't wait to do shit like that in the game.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this is even more exciting than the first trailer. The new 'abilities' this time around should be interesting for sure, along with the new graphics - but this trailer just smacks so much of that GTA charm. It's truly Hollywood standard - that bit where Nikko's walking towards the camera and the scene changes with the music... perfect :D

Alex

I don't want to spout out much hyperbole, but I think that was the single best put together game trailer I've ever seen. Everything about it was quite classy.

tombur

WOW... excellent!

Does anyone know what Niko says on this line: "I need to know what happened **** ****"

To me it sounds like "I need to know what happened, deeply dan?", but yeah, that would make zero sense.

Also, at about 42 seconds, the scene where Niko is being followed by the police car, anyone else notice how they bounce around when going over dips in the road :D... Pretty nifty

M3wThr33

Banned
tombur said:
Also, at about 42 seconds, the scene where Niko is being followed by the police car, anyone else notice how they bounce around when going over dips in the road :D... Pretty nifty

That stuff was in the first trailer, too.

FightyF

Banned
BloodAdo: Bellic definately sounds like a Croatian/Bosnian last name, but remember that he was invited to Liberty City by his cousin "Roman". My guess that he is Croatian.

Speaking of Eastern European immigrants...

I'd pay for a Balki Bartokomous skin.
balki.jpg

Heh, someone's gotta put the Perfect Strangers theme to a collection of GTAIV clips...

temp

posting on contract only
tombur said:
WOW... excellent!

Does anyone know what Niko says on this line: "I need to know what happened **** ****"

To me it sounds like "I need to know what happened, deeply dan?", but yeah, that would make zero sense.

"I need to know what happened; give me that."

tombur

temp said:
"I need to know what happened; give me that."

Sounds about right :lol

I think this new Liberty City could easily become my favourite location in the GTA series, it just looks brilliant!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ranger X said:
By the way, BlimBlim wins again at encoding and his MP4 for the trailer is better than the one that was uploaded on the PSN...
Not that my encoding is really good, the trailer on PSN is just darn terrible. I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched it.
Edit: He.

Boring. It kind of gave a feel for what the game is going to center around, however it looked really awful compared to the last one.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Fight for Freeform said:
BloodAdo: Bellic definately sounds like a Croatian/Bosnian last name, but remember that he was invited to Liberty City by his cousin "Roman". My guess that he is Croatian.
Yeah, maybe, but dialect is far more Russian than Croatian.
And Niko Bellic could be only advertising / dummy name, main protagonist could be Ivan Ivanovic...

GrayFoxPL

Blimblim said:
Not that my encoding is really good, the trailer on PSN is just darn terrible. I couldn't believe my eyes when I watched it.
Edit: He.

Wonder why often the quality of trailers vary on psn. Sometimes it's supersweet (Lair newest trailer, Haze). sometimes teribble (GTA4, The Darkness Story). WTF?

Wtf. Just a opinion, I'm talking about the music especially. Obviously the one in the previous trailer was not what the music for the game will be like.

I'm talking about the trailer not the actual game...

typo said:
Is Niko the first GTA protagonist with official Rockstar artwork? None of the PS2 protagonists had any, if I remember correctly.
Yes. They made no artwork whatsoever for the other characters. They just made a polygon model and that was it. Probably only took 5 minutes as well. That's how the real pros work.

Shubit

BloodAdo said:
In a past issue of GI (Game Informer) we learned that the GTAIV's Protagonist is Niko Bellic...and that he is from Eastern Europe.

Speculation broke out from which country though...I mean Eastern Europe only has 10+ countries.

It was narrowed down to either Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia, or Bosnia and Herzegovina (hope I spelled those correctly).

Now if you recall in 1992 (although real fighting didn't start till 1993) a War broke out among Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo and Bosnia, the war ended around 1996 but Serbia and Kosovo were still at war IIRC till 1999.

Well in the 2nd GTAIV trailer, the main character states that HE SURVIVED, and mentions 14 Years. SO 2007-14.....1993..hmm...

Also another tip...the majority of Bosnian people (according to the CIA World Factbook) belong to ISLAM (and that's one of the reasons the war broke out in the first place...ethnic cleansing ).

Could R* have taken a new level of controversy by adding a Muslim character (but indirectly...since the majority of people see Muslims as mostly Arab people from the Middle East). Hmm... the plot thickens eh?

So the chances that Niko is a Bosnian Muslim are pretty high...although here are some things that don't agree w/ the scenario.

Niko....short for Nickolas I presume?....short for St. Nickolas? Saint = Christian?...but in my defense...Niko is spelled w/ a "k" instead of an "c".

Well that's all I bring to the table today.

Opinions? Flames? Disscussions?

Found this on GT: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=117257

Knowing Rockstar I wouldn't be too surprised

Doubt it. They will probably make Niko's place of origin a fictional country moulded around every single stereotype the west holds about the particular parts of the (real)world it's supposed to resemble (be it eastern europe or the balkans).

As for the name: I can't tell you for sure what their intentions were but the name itself sure as hell doesn't sound (read) bosnian-muslim to me. As a matter of fact the way it's spelled Bellic hardly even qualifies as slavic:
- double letters in native slavic names are extremely uncommon especially the further south you go (practically nonexistant in Serbia)
- ic suffix makes it end up pronounced Bellits again uncommon (maybe Slovenia?), should be -ik or -ich depending on intended pronounciation since the original spelling can't be fully reproduced
- when pronounced Belich = most likelly Croatian; pronounced Belik = anywhere from Checz republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia maybe others...
- Niko is short for Nikolai (Nikolaj) which is the equivalent of Nickolas a decidedlly christian name; pretty common with ortodhox christians so maybe Serbia or Russia...

Simply to confusing to determine at present but multi-ethnical Bosnia would cover a lot of what I wrote so if it's a real-world location my bets are on him being a bosnian croatian.

Hope I'm not boring anyone. ;)

bengraven said:
Please let Lazlow be back.

Well it's been stated that 4 is totally seperate from the previous 3, without much reference to them. However I can't see them changing Lazlow. And since it's modern day he'll hopefully be back on the chat station where he belongs.

Mrbob

If I were to nitpick, I would say after watching this video tons of times the single hair texture for Nikos head is a bit annoying. I'll live with it though.

I almost feel like GTA4 could be a statement next gen for using graphics as a tool for additional involvement in a game. Niko's facial expressions look awesome, and so does the animation. Combined with the continued tradition of stellar Rockstar voice acting I have a feeling GTA4 could connect with me in a way other GTA games have failed to done in the past. Looking at all the detail, GTA4 seems like a living, breathing world instead of a video game.

hobbitx

bengraven said:
Please let Lazlow be back.
Lazlow is always around, and it's cool to see some of the other DJ's randomly pop up. I want to see whatever happened to Amy from Kchat, she was hilarious.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Mrbob said:
I almost feel like GTA4 could be a statement next gen for using graphics as a tool for additional involvement in a game. Niko's facial expressions look awesome, and so does the animation. Combined with the continued tradition of stellar Rockstar voice acting I have a feeling GTA4 could connect with me in a way other GTA games have failed to done in the past. Looking at all the detail, GTA4 seems like a living, breathing world instead of a video game.

My sentiments exactly. I want the city to feel real, the game to be immersive, and so far it is going along those lines.

Did anyone notice the awesome first person perspective in the car? Pretty immersive.

As long as the frame-rate is solid... this game could end up being my GOTY.

{Mike}

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Did anyone notice the awesome first person perspective in the car? Pretty immersive.

As long as the frame-rate is solid... this game could end up being my GOTY.

No we did not, we skipped that part actually

Top Bottom