• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 Trailer 2 6/28/07 (p6)

ChrisD84

Fantastic trailer, couldn't take the smile off my face when i first saw it :D

I really like the voice acting on niko too.

This game will be sooo good ^^

Max@GC said:
Demon kittey!

It's so cute xD

giga

Is anyone else not liking the moldy skin feeling that all the characters have? What's with that--it almost seems claymation at times.

Everything else is smooth though. (wow at the geometry)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, that looked like one hell of story right there!

Like I said yesterday, textures are a bit on the blurry side, but the trailer reinforced my statement that the crazy-insane amount of detail more than makes up for it!

And check out the animation - finally it makes it into a game, and a GTA game no less!

Rockstar is going to make mad money with this one, damn... the game really looks epic...

The lighting and all-around setting just looks so damn real too...

Tr4nce

Holy shits! I was thinking about this all day, until I went to the cinema to see Die Hard 4.0.

Downloading the trailer right now!!!

_leech_ said:
154fs701961.jpg

Anyone else notice how he just had a pistol/barehands the whole trailer, and the only time he's shown having a bulky weapon is with open car trunks behind him? Realistic weapon storage confirmed?

Secks4Food said:
Anyone else notice how he just had a pistol/barehands the whole trailer, and the only time he's shown having a bulky weapon is with open car trunks behind him? Realistic weapon storage confirmed?

Nah, both cars have an open trunk. But it would be cool.

Looks cool. But I wasn't as impressed with this trailer as the last one. Maybe it was the constant choppy framerate from the video. Still, I'm glad they managed to improve the visuals.

{Mike}

Banned
This trailer is crazy. I like the new look of the S.W.A.T., they seem more I dunno, trained. Also, when he enters the apartment, maybe it will play a bigger part in the game than we think. Remember the theft system in San Andreas? I hope it has evolved.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
blindrocket said:
That trailer was awesome. I am totally getting this on day one, despite not getting any DLC. :lol

Buh..buh.. aren't you supposed to deny yourself an incredible gaming experience and curse Rockstar's lazy/moneyhatted name because your console's version isn't the definitive SKU?

Where the heck did this reasonable rationale come from? This is Neogaf dude!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Trailer is awesome. The walking part with the changing backgrounds is the best part. Music track for this trailer was pretty good too.

giga said:
Is anyone else not liking the moldy skin feeling that all the characters have? What's with that--it almost seems claymation at times.

Yes. That's one thing that irked me. It's weird...

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Looks awesome. Definitely a day one purchase. I really like the presentation, and the rumor about Nico better be false, cause he is just too cool!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
blindrocket said:
That trailer was awesome. I am totally getting this on day one, despite not getting any DLC. :lol

Same here. I'm glad I can just download the trailer from my ps3 and not to have to wait to download from my pc.

MercuryLS

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Now that the term "multiplayer" has popped up during discussion, I hope GTAIV controls like Saint's Row.

Its supposed to control more like RE4/Gears, IMO that's better than Saint's Row.

FightyF

Banned
MercuryLS said:
Its supposed to control more like RE4/Gears, IMO that's better than Saint's Row.

Yeah...if you can duck behind cars and stuff...roll out from cover. I suppose it would be like the Getaway as well. I can live with that. I agree, that would be better than SR.

You could peek around buildings too...holy crap you've got me real excited now! :)

MercuryLS

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
Yeah...if you can duck behind cars and stuff...roll out from cover. I suppose it would be like the Getaway as well. I can live with that. I agree, that would be better than SR.

You could peek around buildings too...holy crap you've got me real excited now! :)

You can see him peek around a building in the video :O

MercuryLS

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Thanks Rockstar. Definitely the best Dashboard Theme EVAR.

Easily. I LOVE the art of GTA and GTAIV's art is fantastic. I'm also happy that I can retire my avatar of Table Tennis' R* logo with a nicer looking black and white R* logo.

dejay

Banned
The last video didn't scream GTA to me - this does. From the over-the-top action to the over-the-top voice acting.

Can't f**king wait!

Spectacular trailer...

What impressed me most was the bullets hitting the windshield at 0.43 sec, they sounded like real bullets and the windshield didn't shatter entirely just like you'd expect...it's that meticulous attention to details that makes this game so epic in proportion...

MercuryLS

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
I was thinking it was just a cutscene...so perhaps it is part of the gameplay...

Yeah it might be from a cutscene, I hope you can do that in-game. I want a lot of options, not just run and gun all the time.

YYZ

BadAss84 said:
This game will be sooo good ^^
sogood.gif

thanks for the analysis link too, it was interesting but it seems like they read everything off of NeoGAF (or the 1Up thread which probably has similar comments).

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
YYZ said:
thanks for the analysis link too, it was interesting but it seems like they read everything off of NeoGAF (or the 1Up thread which probably has similar comments).

Hey, I love the Gaf, but I personally spent 15 minutes going over HD version of the trailer frame by frame.

Now, I'm not saying that I didn't see some of the items mentioned in the video earlier today on Gaf either. Because then I wouldn't be giving the awesome Gaf'ites their due credit. :D

D3MO

Banned
In a past issue of GI (Game Informer) we learned that the GTAIV's Protagonist is Niko Bellic...and that he is from Eastern Europe.

Speculation broke out from which country though...I mean Eastern Europe only has 10+ countries.

It was narrowed down to either Serbia and Montenegro, Croatia, or Bosnia and Herzegovina (hope I spelled those correctly).

Now if you recall in 1992 (although real fighting didn't start till 1993) a War broke out among Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo and Bosnia, the war ended around 1996 but Serbia and Kosovo were still at war IIRC till 1999.

Well in the 2nd GTAIV trailer, the main character states that HE SURVIVED, and mentions 14 Years. SO 2007-14.....1993..hmm...

Also another tip...the majority of Bosnian people (according to the CIA World Factbook) belong to ISLAM (and that's one of the reasons the war broke out in the first place...ethnic cleansing ).

Could R* have taken a new level of controversy by adding a Muslim character (but indirectly...since the majority of people see Muslims as mostly Arab people from the Middle East). Hmm... the plot thickens eh?

So the chances that Niko is a Bosnian Muslim are pretty high...although here are some things that don't agree w/ the scenario.

Niko....short for Nickolas I presume?....short for St. Nickolas? Saint = Christian?...but in my defense...Niko is spelled w/ a "k" instead of an "c".

Well that's all I bring to the table today.

Opinions? Flames? Disscussions?

Found this on GT: http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=117257

Knowing Rockstar I wouldn't be too surprised

Top Bottom