• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA5 Heist Update is out now on PS4+XBO

breakfuss

After months of not playing this I forgot the damn controls. I believe some guys from GAF invited me to a mission (possibly a heist) but I dont know how to respond or accept!

Reule

Not even going to try playing. I want to enjoy playing for more than an hour if possible. Update looks great though. The new masks and gear looks especially cool.

Alright so...how do I start heists?

I went to Lester's and talked to him and he said he'd contact me with details. Been wandering around for about 15 mins now and nothing - do I just keep waiting?

Wil348

Okay, so the update itself is fantastic. In fact, id at her call it a DLC than an update, because it adds so many new things to do, wear, and drive that I'm still not entirely sure of what's been added in total. I've only completed the Fleeca Heist so far but it was pretty good for a tutorial, my friend and I had a blast playing it. They've also fixed the issue in PS4 where the framerate would get choppy while driving at high speeds through Los Santos, which is good. The game runs near flawlessly now and there doesn't appear to be any graphical downgrades to achieve that. Also, I have tried the Hydra in the creator, and I WANT IT. I don't care if it's 3 million, it will be mine!

Can't wait to do the rest of the heists!

Edit: I was playing in a session with a friend about an hour ago, though all public sessions were empty and I couldn't host heists.

manhack

Played some last night on PS4 with no issues as soon as it finished downloading. Will do something else tonight to avoid getting frustrated by all the issues it seems like folks are having.

It is a bit disappointing because the heists were the most fun I've had with GTA V since single player.

Alright so...how do I start heists?

I went to Lester's and talked to him and he said he'd contact me with details. Been wandering around for about 15 mins now and nothing - do I just keep waiting?
Go to your apartment. When I walked into my [high-end] apartment after the mission, it popped up saying it was reorganized to make way for Heists. Now I've got a permanent little 'H' in my Heist room waiting for me to walk into it to initiate a Heist. I'm waiting until I've got my 3 friends on, though.

16BitNova

From now on, when anything big gets announced for GTA Online. I'm adding "wait for the weekend" to the release date.

"Coming March 10th.....*wait for the weekend of March 10th*"

Woo-Fu

Banned
Millions of dollars. This company made millions of dollars and they can't pay for more/better servers. You think they would learn.

They did learn. They learned that even with this type of implementation they still sell million of copies of every game they make.

Millions of dollars. This company made millions of dollars and they can't pay for more/better servers. You think they would learn.

They know that in two weeks the player pop will drop enough that the servers will be fine. So why shell out extra $$$ for a two week worth of servers?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Once everything started working again, albeit slowly, friends and I got to finish the second heist. It can get quite tense, especially compared to the SP where you don't really feel like anything is on the line, but everyone needing to rely on everyone else not screwing it up or having to restart is a great feeling, you could hear the tone change in party chat as the last mission started.

dedhead54

I'm disappointed that me and my friend and roommate can't even seem to join a lobby, let alone start heists (PS4). It's kind of a shame Rockstar didn't prepare the servers better.

We are still excited to play them, when the fucking servers are working.

GQman2121

Banned
I've yet to come across the souped up Sentinal on Eclipse Blvd., but that new free roam hustle are the gang cars. I mean, God Damn.....

dHEH9M4.jpg

eCnL1pp.jpg

Also, hilarious glitches were happening as the heists refused to download. Just falling all through the map.

nikos

I've yet to come across the souped up Sentinal on Eclipse Blvd., but that new free roam hustle are the gang cars. I mean, God Damn.....

Also, hilarious glitches were happening as the heists refused to download. Just falling all through the map.
Whoa, are these on specific locations or do you just have to look for them?

So how do you unlock / set a 4p heist again?
Once you're level 12, you can do the initial heist which is Fleeca, I believe, and after this 2 person ordeal (2 setups and the main heist) your next heists are all 4 person. You can launch them from your high end apartment's planning room, call lester to request one, or use quick job to join a Heist.

Vex_

Banned
Okay, so the update itself is fantastic. In fact, id at her call it a DLC than an update, because it adds so many new things to do, wear, and drive that I'm still not entirely sure of what's been added in total. I've only completed the Fleeca Heist so far but it was pretty good for a tutorial, my friend and I had a blast playing it. They've also fixed the issue in PS4 where the framerate would get choppy while driving at high speeds through Los Santos, which is good. The game runs near flawlessly now and there doesn't appear to be any graphical downgrades to achieve that. Also, I have tried the Hydra in the creator, and I WANT IT. I don't care if it's 3 million, it will be mine!

Can't wait to do the rest of the heists!

Edit: I was playing in a session with a friend about an hour ago, though all public sessions were empty and I couldn't host heists.

I thought the game felt smoother when I had a chance to play it earlier. I didn't have time to evaluate. Only a couple of minutes.

Also, how does one buy a hydra? I looked on the War website thingy, and didn't see the Hydra there.

OMG LOL

I landed the chopper at the end of the 2nd heist prison break, and one of the guys parachutes into the chopper blade and we failed. So hilarious!

Top Bottom